No announcement yet.

So how Continuum measure's packetloss?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So how Continuum measure's packetloss?

Hey all.

Recently I did something with my ISP that put me in favorite servers in their HQ.
    Meaning that, if I had to reconnect like 20 times to find a not overloaded server so I could have reasonable ping (my lowest is 170 due to distance) instead of having 500 ping and 10% packetloss, they moved me to some servers that will always give me low ping.

So now, whenever I connect, I get 170 ping average. Its called gamers pack just to mention.

The problem is now, that When I wasn't with that gamers pack, I could catch a not overloaded server and have 170 ping and 0.1-0.5% S2C. Sometimes I couldn't catch this at all.

Now what I got is low ping always, but I have a stubborn packetloss that usually goes around 1% to 2% S2C. Now it stand on 3.6% :-(

What I try to ask is, If now I call to my ISP and tell them: "Ok, I got this gamer pack and my pings are very well, but I still have some packets loss".
    They will want me to ping the server and probably do it themselves. Now I did 100 pings run to Trench Wars IP and got 158 Ping in average without packets loss (Sent nor received, all 100% went well).
    So how come the game shows I have 3.5% packets from server lost, while when I ping on CMD I got 0%? <_<
    What can I tell my ISP to check to try fix this issue? it might be server issue (or some Bigger issues that non control it) since its only S2C? (my C2S is 0%). It really bugs me because that gamer pack should've solved all lag issues.

Thanks.
    Last edited by FarScape; 02-11-2008, 04:26 PM.

Well After getting help from friend here (zizzo :wub: ) I did some checks and its probably my ISP. on 500 ping loops i had 11 packet loss (2%). and the tracert gives bad results.
    Ill call them.

Comment

Working...
    X