I bought a new computer for $249

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I bought a new computer for $249

I have five monitors that i garbage picked because in the past few years you can get perfectly good monitors from annual special garbage dump days, because everyones replacing CRT with flat screens and the CRTs still work.

So i bought this empty blank computer with no monitor and no OS for $249 from Ascendtech.us.

So far i can recommend AscendTech as far as calling and asking configuration help then ordering online. ill have to wait for the computer to come to give final review of it, which is the cheapest new computer place i know of.

Motherboard: Upgraded from 6100 to GeForce7050 chip for $20 extra dollars, Good on board video

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 5000+ X2 Dual Core

Memory: 800 Mhz DDR2 - 1 gig , and another cheap gig can be added later

Drive: CD Burner that can be replaced with a DVD another time.

* New Keyboard

wow, my friend bought a Dell recently with comparable specs... 1500 bucks. i wonder how much of that he paid for the Windows OS that came with it that he replaced hours later with linux...
    NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

This is about the smartest thing you can do; if you're after office stuff like me, buy a PC that's at least 2 years old specs-wise, and if you're after playing games, wait 5 years after their release and get a 5-year-old-components PC and play them all. It's what I'm doing now

Spend the grand you just saved on booze and hookers.
      2:Displaced> k washed my nuts, hope they stop itching now
      2:Displaced> now its my fucking foot that is itching, FOR FUCKS SAKE

2:Eeks> there was this girl that had a crush on me
      2:Eeks> and she had the biggest boobs i've ever seen live
      2:Eeks> had back problems too i think
      2:Eeks> it was kinda disturbing when her boobs were bigger than her head

1:DangerGirl> spider, give your cap to era
      1:spider> Wooooohoo!
      1:spider> .*passes the hat*
      1:Erathia> <eats the hat>

Comment

Originally posted by Tone View Post
        ATX Beige Midtower
        WHAT
        Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #98: Every man has his price.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerome Scuggs View Post
          wow, my friend bought a Dell recently with comparable specs... 1500 bucks. i wonder how much of that he paid for the Windows Vista OS that came with it that he replaced hours later with a pirated copy of XP...
          Fixed.

Edit: If I were to build another PC I would spend at least 400 to 500 on a motherboard and CPU alone.
          Last edited by Kolar; 06-18-2008, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Burzum View Post
            This is about the smartest thing you can do; if you're after office stuff like me, buy a PC that's at least 2 years old specs-wise, and if you're after playing games, wait 5 years after their release and get a 5-year-old-components PC and play them all. It's what I'm doing now

Spend the grand you just saved on booze and hookers.
            This computer is generally mid to late 2007 technology, not 2 years old

the particular mother board i got, the ECS with GeForce 7050 Chip is a board that cuts some costs and is less expensive however it tested surprisingly well. the 7050 is very good on board video that will be more than enough to handle anything you do except complex games. The mother board is one step up from the default one in the configuration, a ECS 6100. this one step up to 7050 for 20 extra dollars was worth it where as going any higher (there were 4 above that one) wouldnt be worth it.

Comment

t0ne, you didn't get an alienware????
              :confused: Are human fat?

Comment

WORLDS FIRST DUAL CORE PSIONIC COMPUTER WITH ORGONE GENERATORS
                :confused: Are human fat?

Comment

Working...
                X