1982 suzuki love Cl50

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1982 suzuki love Cl50

So I have this 49cc 1982 suzuki love scooter (cl50) which I am missing a sprocket for.

I went to the suzuki dealer and apparently they don't have the sprocket there because it's an import. And weren't really helpful at all in providing me more information. Bastards.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone could help me out in finding a sprocket for this scooter, I've been searching a lot and have had no luck. I'm willing to ship it. I was even thinking about just making one if I can't find the part.

HELP?

Just let the car sit there for ten years when sprockets will become the industry of the future

Comment

Originally posted by iKillburger View Post
      Just let the car sit there for ten years when sprockets will become the industry of the future

It isn't a car, and no thanks.

Comment

google it, bitch

Comment

Storing your motorbike properly during winter will help avoid the kind of sprocket problems that can leave you at a mechanics with a nasty hole in your wallet. Bikes are hard wearing but they still need some care and attention, especially during the colder months of the year.

Keeping your sprocket warm by putting it in a garage or at least investing in a bike cover can help ensure that your ride runs, as it should through the wind and rain of a British winter. If you're not using your bike on a regular basis then you should turn the engine over every now and again and use the breaks. Putting your bike on the stand and spinning the wheels will also help, as will greasing the lines and joints.

Winter can be a difficult time for sprockets. Inhospitable conditions, icy roads and high winds don't make for a good riding experience so many riders may opt to give their bike a rest.

But don't whatever you do lock it up in the garage and forget about it. These basic steps during the winter will make sure that when the better weather comes your ride is ready to go.

Comment

From what I see, no one wants to sell parts for that model.

If you're at the point where you're willing to make the part, how about just measure its size and try to find one of the same size from another bike. I'd guess Suzuki made that part for more than just one bike.

One more thing: you are a spoiled kid and HA HA for your bitch-mobile breaking down.
            Less QQ More pew pew

Comment

I don't really understand the last part of your post. It was $250 on craigslist, and I figured it'd be a good invesment once i get the sprocket, which it will be.

Comment

go to a machine shop and tell them u need one made they will then need the size.

Comment

I don't know about scooters, but with motorbikes you get the rear sprocket (is it the rear one that you need?) when you buy a new chain. Then again, a new chain+sprocket might cost more than your scooter did - it probably would for my bike.

Its pretty important on a motorbike to replace them at the same time, since they kind of wear in together (although a lower powered scooter might not care so much). Try searching for "chain kit" rather thank sprocket maybe?

I've had a quick look and couldn't find anything obviously for the CL50, but you could try somewhere like this:

http://www.partsforscooters.com/All-Parts/Sprockets

they have generic parts for 49cc scooters, worth emailing them and asking if it would fit the CL50 (I think all/most suzuki 50cc engines are the same).

LEM
                  DinkyKitty.com - news, reviews and articles of a techy nature

Comment

i hear george jetson can get you an employee discount from spacely sprockets

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Working...
                    X