wireless problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wireless problems

Alright so I recently switched laptops to my dad's old one, which was originally built for a '98 but XP home edition was installed on it. Since it doesn't even have an ethernet port thing, I had to get a wireless card. So i got one, and it was working fine for a month or 2. Then I left my computer w/ss running for about 7 hours, and now the card has gone haywire. I can't connect to any wireless networks I see.

Whenever I click on one it says "Waiting for network to be ready" and then it doesn't do anything. Btw its an " SMCWCB-G WLAN Cardbus #2"
    4:BigKing> xD
    4:Best> i'm leaving chat
    4:BigKing> what did i do???
    4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
    4:BigKing> ???? why though
    4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that

upgrade to vista
    Making your mark on the world is hard. If it were easy, everybody would do it. But it's not. It takes patience, it takes commitment, and it comes with plenty of failure along the way. The real test is not whether you avoid this failure, because you won't. it's whether you let it harden or shame you into inaction, or whether you learn from it; whether you choose to persevere.:fear:

Comment

card should have a warranty if not buy another sounds like it got burnt out.
      If it did make sure ur fans are running properly or get a laptop cooler.
      Devest.proboards.com

2:Lance> OMG
      2:Lance> BCG is afking in my arena
      2:Master of Dragons> you got steve'd

Creator/Co-Creator of:

?go Prisonbreak, Twcountry, Hathunt, Treehunt, Birthday, Divbase, Defense, Devest, Trifecta, CSDOM, Brickbase, Sharkball, HateBase, Hatetf, Assassin, JavTerror, JavHunt, XmasZombies.

New Maps are in production...

Comment

Originally posted by HateTheFake View Post
        card should have a warranty if not buy another sounds like it got burnt out.
        If it did make sure ur fans are running properly or get a laptop cooler.
        I think I will just go buy another one, since I think this one is pretty old.

update: I think I got it working, I went to the website and updated a new driver for it, and now it's back to normal.
        4:Best> i'm leaving chat
        4:BigKing> what did i do???
        4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
        4:BigKing> ???? why though
        4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that

Comment

Working...
        X