Charter Communications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charter Communications

For people from the US-- Does anyone here have Charter as their ISP? I do, and because of it I can't really TWD anymore. If anyone has noticed I am a laggy motherfucker nowadays, mainly because I spike a lot. In addition, I get disconnected from the zone pretty often (while the rest of my internet seems to function just fine).

I learned that when I run torrents, my connection will drop off for about 45 seconds at a time, every 5-10 minutes or so. By connection, I mean all network traffic (AIM disconnects, webpages time out). So I can't do normal browsing while torrents are running during the day. This is also evidinced in my uTorrent speed tab which shows the traffic fluctuating constantly.

I've done some google searching and found other Charter users to experience the same thing--when torrents run the connection drops off regularly. Even the guy who came out to troubleshoot a few months ago (before I knew why the fuck it was doing this) said that he has Charter and can't torrent when he is browsing for similar reasons (he doesn't work for Charter).

I can sort of deal with the torrent issue. But I regularly lose my connection with TW while I'm playing, and all zones show up red (while http protocol still works). And when I'm not disconnected from the server, I experience bad spike counts (sometimes over 200, and I can definitely tell when I'm spiking and I'm sure others can too), which means I lag out of TWD games.

Has anyone else with Charter (or otherwise) experienced anything like this? I haven't exhausted sorting thorough other threads I've found through google but it does verify that this problem exists with other people as well.

Originally posted by Stompa View Post
    For people from the US-- Does anyone here have Charter as their ISP? I do, and because of it I can't really TWD anymore. If anyone has noticed I am a laggy motherfucker nowadays, mainly because I spike a lot. In addition, I get disconnected from the zone pretty often (while the rest of my internet seems to function just fine).

I learned that when I run torrents, my connection will drop off for about 45 seconds at a time, every 5-10 minutes or so. By connection, I mean all network traffic (AIM disconnects, web pages time out). So I can't do normal browsing while torrents are running during the day. This is also evidenced in my uTorrent speed tab which shows the traffic fluctuating constantly.

I've done some Google searching and found other Charter users to experience the same thing--when torrents run the connection drops off regularly. Even the guy who came out to troubleshoot a few months ago (before I knew why the fuck it was doing this) said that he has Charter and can't torrent when he is browsing for similar reasons (he doesn't work for Charter).

I can sort of deal with the torrent issue. But I regularly lose my connection with TW while I'm playing, and all zones show up red (while HTTP protocol still works). And when I'm not disconnected from the server, I experience bad spike counts (sometimes over 200, and I can definitely tell when I'm spiking and I'm sure others can too), which means I lag out of TWD games.

Has anyone else with Charter (or otherwise) experienced anything like this? I haven't exhausted sorting thorough other threads I've found through Google but it does verify that this problem exists with other people as well.

I have Charter. I hate Charter. Why do I still use it? Lazy.

I don't torrent much, but when I do, I don't notice a drop off (except loading is obviously slower) or disconnects. A couple days ago I had 28% packet loss and high ping when doing nothing else. Then a few hours later, it was fine. My connection will work normally for days and then some days it's on and off more than Oprah's weight. Can't really help you since I don't torrent but I occasionally get lag in TW and disconnected at random.

Comment

Working...
    X