Vista - "Record What You Hear"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vista - "Record What You Hear"

Anyone figure out a way to activate this again or find an application that allows this with the sound mixer on Vista.

Only way I have found to get around this issue, is to run a cable from the external line out and loop that back into the input. Ridiculous that this has to be done, but all the programs I have tried to get around this matter do not work on Vista, even though they are said to work.

FairStars Recorder, All2Wav recorder, Virtual Audio Cable and the windows recorder that come with Vista all fail on the "Record What You Hear" function.

RIAA and Microsoft trying to stop piracy I guess? It still won't stop it.
    May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

I'm not sure if you're talking about something more specific, but I can record what I hear just fine on Vista. Just have to enable "rec. playback" under Windows sound properties -> Recording, then open Audacity and hit record, and it's perfectly functional.

Comment

Originally posted by E sharp View Post
      I'm not sure if you're talking about something more specific, but I can record what I hear just fine on Vista. Just have to enable "rec. playback" under Windows sound properties -> Recording, then open Audacity and hit record, and it's perfectly functional.
      I got it working. Seems that some systems had been effected by the SP1 for Vista on this issue. I run both the Realtek HD from the MB and the Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatality PCI for audio. Had to change a setting. Works fine using my Audio Creation Mode.

I am not crazy about Audacity...works and all...have it, but I seem to prefer the X-Fi's mixing modes.

However...thanks for the reply.
      May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

Working...
      X