1440x1024

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1440x1024

For the longest time I've been playing with 1280*1024, recently I found out that 1440*1024 was allowed in twdd. Oddly enough, when I go to change the resolution there isn't such an option. I've tried to change it with my 8800gt, and I just tried it with the GTX 260 (I can't change desktop resolution to that either). I am using the Samsung SyncMaster 226cw on Windows 7 64bit..

Is there a fix for this or am I just stuck on 1280? Anything would be appreciated, thanks!

Screenshot for the curious:
    Last edited by Krusnik; 06-07-2009, 10:33 PM.

They changed it to 1440x1024 to allow 1440x900 for widescreen users. The reason they have to make it 1440x1024 is due to how the game is programmed, if they made it 1440x900 then 1280x1024 wouldn't be able to be used and if they made it 1280x1024 then 1440x900 wouldn't be able to be used. I don't think most computers can use anything above 1280x1024 but below 1440x1024.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnt View Post
      They changed it to 1440x1024 to allow 1440x900 for widescreen users. The reason they have to make it 1440x1024 is due to how the game is programmed, if they made it 1440x900 then 1280x1024 wouldn't be able to be used and if they made it 1280x1024 then 1440x900 wouldn't be able to be used. I don't think most computers can use anything above 1280x1024 but below 1440x1024.
      Eh? I have no idea what you're trying to get at, lol. I'm just trying to figure out why I my client doesn't give me the option for 1440x1024 when others seem to be able to access it just fine. I have a 16:10 screen, as well as a really good graphics card so I should have the option for it..

Comment

NVIDIA Control Panel -> Display -> Manage custom resolutions -> Add 1440x1024. Probably best to play in windowed mode so that the the image is not stretched to fill the screen.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoor View Post
          NVIDIA Control Panel -> Display -> Manage custom resolutions -> Add 1440x1024. Probably best to play in windowed mode so that the the image is not stretched to fill the screen.
          I love you, a lot. Thank-you guys, hope to see you dudes in game!

Comment

wow cool, can someone clarify why people are allowed to go higher than the max?
            TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Originally posted by Jones View Post
              wow cool, can someone clarify why people are allowed to go higher than the max?
              huh?
              lemar> im seriously gonna get someone to hack your name and disolve that shit sqd of yours

Comment

because the borums cried and cried until they decided to change it despite the fact that it created such a loophole, now people would rather pretend like it didn't happen but they'd rather not undo the change anyway, welcome to TW
                1:Best> lol why is everyone mad that roiwerk got a big dick stickin out his underwear, it's really attractive :P
                3:Best> lol someone is going to sig that
                3:Best> see it coming
                3:Best> sad

Comment

the max is 1440x1050.

not 1440x1024

thx
                  so majin, if ur widescreen monitor is a 16:10 use 1440x1050

if its a 16:9 use 1440x900

and open continuum view>advanced options> and check "show default resolutions" also

Comment

WHAT THE FUCK? THIS IS BULLSHIT!

that being said, fuck you all, im switching to 1440x1050 too then bastards

this is stupid as fuck that the max res is changed

stupid as flying fuck

oh and no money its 1024 not 1050
                    Last edited by Exalt; 06-09-2009, 07:25 PM.
                    RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                    RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Just make a bot do *info on everyone who enters an arena with this limit, check the resolution and kick out people with 1440 x 901+
                      3:Wax> ard and i snapchat all the time
                      3:Wax> we play virtually tummysticks
                      3:i.d.> da fk is that?
                      3:Ardour> we basically are each others personal psychologist
                      3:Shadowmere> i.d., Wax breaks keyboards playing SubSpace. Best not ask him what anything is.
                      3:Wax> Tummy sticks is the situation, commonly referred to as a game, in which two erect men cuddle closely and face-to-face causing their two erect penises, or sticks, to push upwards between their stomachs, or tummys.
                      3:Wax> Sticks combine with tummys, hence the name "tummy sticks."
                      3:Shadowmere> LOL
                      3:i.d.> Oddly, that's close to what I thought it was...

Best> I never cooked a day in my life

Deft> beat by a guy who plays ss on his cellphone
                      Shadowmere> Rofl
                      Up in ya !> With his feet
                      Deft> no kidding, redefining l44t
                      Up in ya !> l44t feet
                      Deft> l44t f44t*
                      Up in ya !> Twinkle toes
                      Deft> he had l33t f33t but he practiced

Comment

Originally posted by Sertifi. View Post
                        Just make a bot do *info on everyone who enters an arena with this limit, check the resolution and kick out people with 1440 x 901+
                        1440X900 shouldnt even have been allowed

you can play windowed fine on any monitor with 1290x1024, so I dont want to hear anyone bitch

Should remove all this shit and put it back where it belongs, or remove the limit completely so I can bust out 1900 res
                        RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                        RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Originally posted by Exalt View Post
                          1440X900 shouldnt even have been allowed

you can play windowed fine on any monitor with 1290x1024, so I dont want to hear anyone bitch

Should remove all this shit and put it back where it belongs, or remove the limit completely so I can bust out 1900 res
                          Since it was already changed, now we should just force the change and not let people fool the system.

Ego about 1900 reso -> I've had 2560 x 1900. -_-
                          3:Shadowmere> i.d., Wax breaks keyboards playing SubSpace. Best not ask him what anything is.
                          3:Wax> Tummy sticks is the situation, commonly referred to as a game, in which two erect men cuddle closely and face-to-face causing their two erect penises, or sticks, to push upwards between their stomachs, or tummys.

Shadowmere> Rofl
                          Up in ya !> l44t feet
                          Deft> l44t f44t*
                          Up in ya !> Twinkle toes

Comment

Originally posted by Sertifi. View Post
                            Since it was already changed, now we should just force the change and not let people fool the system.

Ego about 1900 reso -> I've had 2560 x 1900. -_-
                            Ego about 2560 reso -> you're a fucking idiot ^______________________________^
                            lemar> im seriously gonna get someone to hack your name and disolve that shit sqd of yours

Comment

Originally posted by Zizzo View Post
                              Ego about 2560 reso -> you're a fucking idiot ^______________________________^
                              You're just jealous. :grin:

Shadowmere> Rofl
                              Up in ya !> l44t feet
                              Deft> l44t f44t*
                              Up in ya !> Twinkle toes

Comment

Working...
                              X