Visual Studio 2008(VB.NET)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visual Studio 2008(VB.NET)

I need help coding some of my website. I have a basic signup page on it. I'm first looking to have it read each textbox above it (firstname,lastname,email). And send an email saying " Thank you firstname.text for signing up with blah blah blah"

I'd like to as well have it add to a database of names, where they are organized by textbox.

like this: FirstName | Last Name | Email | City |
    _______ Johnny____ Jimbo ___ jjimb@aol.com____ ann arbor

your help is very much appreciated thanks a ton.

p.s. i've seen it done in php, so i know it's possible, but beyond that, i am lost.
    4:BigKing> xD
    4:Best> i'm leaving chat
    4:BigKing> what did i do???
    4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
    4:BigKing> ???? why though
    4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that

Use a SQL database. They always seem the easiest. I'm not all too fimaliar with them but I'm sure you can find somewhere online that tells you how to set one up.
    3:Steadman> ive been a leader in every league of legends and basketball game ive ever played in

Comment

google a script to send emails in vb.net and implement it
      help: (how do i shot) (Public 0): how do i travel diagonally? i only have up, down, left and right keys.

4:PinkSTAR <ER>> ask DP he knows me inside and out

Comment

Originally posted by duel pasta View Post
        google a script to send emails in vb.net and implement it
        that's what i thought i did, i dl'd this code for vb, but i didn't understand how i could put it INTO my website. I got an .aspx page, with script BUT no where in the script did it say what it was doing, i was confuzzled. Should i be looking for VB.NET specific scripts?

as for the sql database, i found a tutorial on youtube, so i think I got it.
        4:Best> i'm leaving chat
        4:BigKing> what did i do???
        4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
        4:BigKing> ???? why though
        4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that

Comment

Just download a PHP script and put it on your website - it's much easier then the whole ASP or .NET crap :P
          Example or Google for more

(Note: Your host needs to be running Microsoft's webserver, IIS, for you to be able to run ASP or .NET pages. Most hosts nowadays only offer apache which is isually only able to run PHP, Perl and CGI scripts.)
          Maverick
          Retired SSCU Trench Wars Super Moderator
          Retired SSCU Trench Wars Bot Coordinator
          Retired Trench Wars Core Administrator
          Subspace Statistics Administrator
          Former Mervbot plugin developer

Comment

I second PHP/MySQL. Tons of tutorials and resources available as it's open source. Much easier for what you want to do there, quicker to parse than VB.NET, will reduce the load on your server, and it's an industry standard (guess why).

Comment

Working...
            X