Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting a new gfx card - nVidia or Radeon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jeansi
    I'm thinking on buying the Radeon 9000 Pro. Not such a bad buy if the rest of the computer is very slow. It should be good enough though to run GTA3 Vice City when it comes out

And buying a 9800 in the near future just for an upgrade is pure madness. Very overpriced and might have bugs too. Very noisy as well, most Radeon 9000 don't have a fan (and are therefor the best available for ppl who like totally silent computers).
    Not having a fan on your video card is a bad thing..Heat and dust are computers worst enemy. The Radeon 9000 Pro isn't a good card in my opinion. It really isn't worth it's money. Go with something besides the 9000 Pro.

Buying a 9800 Pro is only for the ones who love to brag about their benchmark..I'd go with a 9500 Pro as it has been proven to beat some of the Ti series. Even if your motherboard can't handle 8x AGP, that's no problem as the Radeon 9500 Pro can be run at 4x too. Not at its capacity, but can adapt to the new environment when/if your choose to upgrade.

Comment

Do what Arc said he knows his stuff. 9000 isn't worth it. Get the 9500 and replace the driver files to make it a 9700 $$.

Comment

Working...
      X