Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet Connection

Over my friends right now...

Usually when I have to set up the internet connection to the modem and plug in the IP in IE it would send me inside the modem so I can login and connect. For w/e reason IE isn't allowing me to do this and I click Diagnose the Problem and either there isn't a problem...or it's telling me to setup my ISP. Mozilla will send me to the link where I have to setup the internet connection with my ISP, but I either have to do it through IE7 or IE8...won't work with Mozilla. When I plug in the IP through Mozilla it sends me inside the modem...so I'm guessing there is a problem with IE. I have Vista and a Siemen's SpeedStream 4100 modem...can anyone help me?

Pff I dunno

- clear ure cookies in IE then restart and try again
    - Try to configure the router from another pc like a laptop
    - disconnect all but one computer from the router, then reboot the router
    - try another browser, like Opera or google chrome

O and why cant u confire the router using firefox?

Comment

Well, I borrowed my friends laptop and everything worked through there, even the internet...still didn't work on my computer afterwards. Mozilla doesn't support the ISP setup, just IE7 and IE8...

Comment

You are a help desk's nightmare. You can access your modem (192.168.0.1 im guessing?) through firefox, but not IE? And it works fine on the other?

By the way Windows ME is referenced when searching for your modem so it might be time for an upgrade
        I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
        I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

Originally posted by Rasaq View Post
          Well, I borrowed my friends laptop and everything worked through there, even the internet...still didn't work on my computer afterwards. Mozilla doesn't support the ISP setup, just IE7 and IE8...
          Ah there you go, its not a router problem, its a pc problem. You have made a connection to the internet using a cable right? Not the wireless?
          Plug the cable u used for ure laptop into the pc.
          Im thinking ure pc is not getting his ip-address from the router. Try this and check if its set to automatic

Comment

Working...
          X