Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zones all red, tried several things already

Looking to get back into Trench Wars...

UPDATE: I've managed get the zones lit up green now. However, when I try to connect to Trench Wars, the loading screen comes up, but then I get a message box saying "Connection Lost"

Now, the internet at this place (student accomodation <_< ) is pretty bad (512kb/s) but hopefully thats enough for TW. Another issue is that the internet for the building is blocked for anything other than browser based activity and games, which may explain the problem. (Although Diablo2 multiplayer works, strange)

Basically, is there a way for me to get around this shitty internet block?
    Last edited by Antega; 12-11-2009, 02:15 PM.
    Antega.

Ok I have the same.
    It is because the router is blocking a certain port that Continuum uses to connect to the server.
    My question now to staff is... What port is Continuum using? So I can request the administrator of my router to open that specific port.

Thanks !
    TW Web Developer

4:vys> yo
    4:vys> 1 day ill be staff
    4:vys> know it for sure
    4:vys> yo P_L already told me that i'd be ZH one day when deluge is sys op and method owns TW

2:money> zazu got zizu'd when he should have zizzo'd

3:Lizard Fuel <ER>> !tell stop meeting girlfriends on subspace, who are you, hurricane?
    3:RoboHelp> Told moth about stop meeting girlfriends on subspace, who are you, hurricane?
    3:Lizard Fuel <ER>> oh sht

Comment

haha antega, welcome back man

en zazu, DIKKE afgang gast

Comment

Originally posted by soupero View Post
        en zazu, DIKKE afgang gast
        lololol soupero! You miss me?
        Fucking ISP changed the connection settings. Sure the connection became faster but now the port is blocked.
        So someone please tell me what port I should request to be unblocked in order to own you kids again.
        TW Web Developer

4:vys> yo P_L already told me that i'd be ZH one day when deluge is sys op and method owns TW

3:Lizard Fuel <ER>> !tell stop meeting girlfriends on subspace, who are you, hurricane?
        3:RoboHelp> Told moth about stop meeting girlfriends on subspace, who are you, hurricane?

Comment

ja

Comment

See General SSCU Trench Wars information
            Maverick
            Retired SSCU Trench Wars Super Moderator
            Retired SSCU Trench Wars Bot Coordinator
            Retired Trench Wars Core Administrator
            Subspace Statistics Administrator
            Former Mervbot plugin developer

Comment

Yes that I know.
              But I guess that's the port of the TrenchWars server. Not the one that is blocked in my router ?
              My assumption is (correct me if I am wrong) that there's a certain port that Continuum uses to connect to the internet. And after having passed that certain (local router) port it then connects to all the servers such as TrenchWars (66.36.241.110:5400) or to EG (66.235.184.102:7900).

And that local router port is the one I need to get opened, no? I cannot even connect to the zones download list that Continuum tries to find at sscentral.sscuservers.net .... So the whole application is blocked in a way.
              No ?
              TW Web Developer

Comment

maybe ttrench wars dont want u back
                FREE ME.
                FUCK STAFF

Comment

Anyone is going to feed this thread with some useful input and an actual response to the question?
                  TW Web Developer

Comment

I can tell you haven't been on the forums in awhile.
                    Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post
                      I can tell you haven't been on the forums in awhile.
                      lolol ! Indeed..
                      But now I remember why I stopped visiting them..
                      TW Web Developer

Comment

The only port that Continuum specifically uses is port 4991, which I believe is only used for accessing directory servers. So you'll need to unblock ports 4991 to 4992. All other ports required for the game to run depend on the zone you're trying to connect to: for Trench Wars, you'll need to unblock ports 5400-5401.

If you're still not able to connect, chances are that you have a program or a firewall that's blocking Continuum from even establishing a connection. It may also be a permissions issue with your current account. Maybe this faq can help: http://www.subspaceonline.com/faq/
                        Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.
                        -Buddha

Comment

Ok, Trench Wars works again :turned:

Unfortunately... due to the internet here being poor, I get spec'd every 30 seconds, too annoying to play tbh.

Thanks a lot anyway guys :wub:
                          Last edited by Antega; 12-11-2009, 04:47 PM.
                          Antega.

Comment

Working...
                          X