Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

does continuum run fine under win7 home premium?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does continuum run fine under win7 home premium?

getting ready to build a new system and i want to be sure i'll still be able to play some spaceships.

so will continuum be okay under home premium, or do i need pro? i know pro has the "winxp mode" so i wasn't sure if that's a requirement for the client. would be nice to save the dough and go with home premium.
    jasonofabitch loves!!!!

I guess you should just try.

There is a topic about Continuum on Windows 7 on SSForum (basically about installing Continuum in another directory then C:\Program Files) here.
    Maverick
    Retired SSCU Trench Wars Super Moderator
    Retired SSCU Trench Wars Bot Coordinator
    Retired Trench Wars Core Administrator
    Subspace Statistics Administrator
    Former Mervbot plugin developer

Comment

the problem is i'm putting together a build to be purchased either on black friday or cyber monday. i don't have access to a rig loaded with win7 to give it a go. i need to know if i'll need the vm in pro to get continuum running smoothly, or if i'll be okay with just running it natively in home premium.

damn old games anyway.
      jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

i thought windows was usually pretty decent with reverse compatibility. I don't think you'd have many problems.
        There once was a man from Nantucket.

Comment

I'm running Continuum fine on Windows 7 Ultimate, if that's any help.
          GOD DAMMIT NAPPA

Comment

I'm running it on Win7 Home Premium perfectly fine.
            thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

Ya, runs fine

Comment

awesome. that's what i was hoping to hear.

gonna have my girlfriend use her student discount and pick up home premium at the $29.99 USD price. cha-ching!
                jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jason View Post
                  awesome. that's what i was hoping to hear.

gonna have my girlfriend use her student discount and pick up home premium at the $29.99 USD price. cha-ching!
                  Did that too! You can get Win7 Professional for the same price too under that deal. Unless you're upgrading from Vista Home, in which case it's more troublesome.
                  thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

yeah i just realized today you can get pro. it's just that by default they push home premium, hiding the link to pro on digitalriver down in the corner.

i think i'm going to have my g/f call in and speak with a microsoft customer service rep though. they're handing out the upgrade version of the os via the website. a lot of people are reporting that if you call in and mention the student discount, they'll confirm your .edu address over the phone and you can then specifically request the full version dvd. comes to about thirty seven bucks with shipping. you can get home premium or pro via this method.
                    jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X