This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Window Service pak 1

Ya ever since i got this shit, every once and a while, i get a message saying my computer has to restart.

When it comes up again, i'll post the error message.

I system restored so i hope it's fixed.
    There once was a man from Nantucket.

The system is shutting dowm. PLease save all ....

The shutdown was initiated bt NT/AUTHORITY\SYStem

Comment

Window must now restart because the Remote Procedure CAll (RPC) servive terminated unexpectedly.

Comment

Hmm..

Sounds to me like SP1 was not a clean install, and has lead to system instability. System restore does nothing, becuase you cannot unistall a Service Pack. I'd suggest the usual virus/spyware check, but I highly doubt it would help as your system files have already been modified. Best thing to do is back up and reformat your computer, and this time install SP1 as soon as you installed XP. This way you wont have any other processes that might have disrupted your install the first time.

Comment

What you're seeing is the aftermath of an RPC vulnerablility in Windows NT/2000/XP. Go to this link and download the patch for your OS. Apply it, and all should be good.
          Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Comment

i love you conc.

and you to arclite, BUT i hate to reformat because it takes too long.

Comment

also, i tried to upgrade windows and i'm sure that patch was in the update but i couldn't fully install it without it fucking up.

Comment

I take back my love because every time i try to install that patch it just brings the error back up. ARGH

Comment

k it's done and installed! NO MORE ERRORS MOTHERFUCKERS,

You can close this thread or keep it open GG sir.

Comment

This should prove, once and for all, what I've always known:

I AM THE SHIT.

The villagers can once again be at peace--thread closed. - Conc
                    Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Comment

Working...
                    X