Hosting a SHOUTcast radio through a website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hosting a SHOUTcast radio through a website

How do you host a SHOUTcast radio through a website that you own?

Like the trenchwars radio one, thats off of a website? How do you do that?
    need a squad
    a good squad

I am not sure on this, but I think you need to buy or get a free domain to redirrect to your server's IP. Use the forums at www.shoutcast.com you will get a lot more help there then you would here anyways.

In the future, please do not make threads about shoutcast questions/problems in the Trench Wars Radio Forum. -Kolar
    Last edited by Kolar; 08-29-2003, 02:52 PM.

Comment

http://www.no-ip.com
      Jesus Christ on a pogo stick

Comment

SHOUTcast broadcasts are all on the SHOUTcast website, once its on air, its on the site, unless its a private server.

If you are wondering how to get a name like radio.trenchwars.org:8000 or something like that go to http://www.no-ip.com and download the free version, add your own group and stuff by clicking on add (but you gotta sign up first, its free). This has no spyware in it (I think) so don't worry.

Comment

Okay, I signed up for it, but how do I make it work?

I typed the IP replacer name thingie in the address area in the shoutcast thing. Now what? I clicked Connect, but it won'y connect for me.

E: Do I have to download the SHOUTcast server software to be able to broadcast?

E2: Thats not the DJ software. The server software.

E3: Ah well, thanks anyway.
          Last edited by NessTheHero; 08-29-2003, 09:52 AM.
          Member of BnG squad. And no, you can't join.

Comment

Moved to Tech Support.

Please still use the forums at www.shoutcast.com but for now this is not about Trench Wars radio.....

You have to have the shoutcast software running on the IP you are redirrecting from noip.com. You also have to configure the software a lot before it can work properly.
            Last edited by Kolar; 08-29-2003, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NessTheHero
              Okay, I signed up for it, but how do I make it work?

I typed the IP replacer name thingie in the address area in the shoutcast thing. Now what? I clicked Connect, but it won'y connect for me.

E: Do I have to download the SHOUTcast server software to be able to broadcast?

E2: Thats not the DJ software. The server software.

E3: Ah well, thanks anyway.

Once you downloaded Be a Server and Be a DJ PM me in game

Xog

Comment

what is this no-ip thingy?

i have my own hosting which i payed for... do i still need this no-ip?

i jsut wanan test out the radio thing
                04.07.05 08:59

Comment

You can host the radio off your computer, or from a payed server. The No-Ip thing is just a free url domain you can have, like eg. Radio.no-ip.com. That setup on their site, can redirrect to your IP (the IP of your radio server). Hosting off your own computer will be very laggy and with most connections it's not worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kolar
                    You can host the radio off your computer, or from a payed server. The No-Ip thing is just a free url domain you can have, like eg. Radio.no-ip.com. That setup on their site, can redirrect to your IP (the IP of your radio server). Hosting off your own computer will be very laggy and with most connections it's not worth it.
                    I hosted my own radio station for my friends/squadmates like a year ago.. from my own cpu.. server and everything. CPU usage was like 70% rofl.. my lag shot up to lik 4000.. i use a DSL line.. and a total of 4 listeners. from then on i used my other cpu fro the server hahahaha.. something i'll never forget..

Continuum was like a slideshow

Comment

Working...
                    X