Streaming Internet Radio in Car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Streaming Internet Radio in Car?

Is this at all possible in any consieveable way? I highly doubt it, but its worth a shot to ask.

and a second question...

Does anyone know a good techno/trance/electronica radio station in the Los Angeles Area?
    DELETED

Is this at all possible in any consieveable way? I highly doubt it, but its worth a shot to ask.

It is 'technically' possible, they have satellite radio and such. But I'm not aware of any systems that stream internet radio via sattalites.

Vitron

Comment

They way i see it... you need a laptop with a wireless satelite internet connection

sounds stupid, but i couldnt think of anyother ways, as the radio station is an IP rather than a frequency
      04.07.05 08:59

Comment

Yah they have sattalites like that. Some even track the sattalite while your driving. They're made for moter home's. It would look very strange on your car :P.

Vitron
        Last edited by Vitron2; 09-04-2003, 06:27 PM.

Comment

You need:

1) A player (computer/laptop)

2) Internet connection

The easiest way I can think of is to use your internet enabled cell phone. There are data kits sold with many phones. I think they run about $70 and let you have an internet connection on a computer via your cell phone (CDMA 1x or GSM/GPRS). This is different than a WAP enabled phones where you can browse on your phone.

Hook that all up to a router and, BAM, you and your friends are playing Continuum while sitting in the car. You laggots.

Comment

Your ping may or may not let you play tw btw...

Vitron

Comment

lol.. you dont need to be playing Trench to listen to the radio,.. unless you wanan do a request :P
              04.07.05 08:59

Comment

Originally posted by geekbot
                Hook that all up to a router and, BAM, you and your friends are playing Continuum while sitting in the car. You laggots.
                IMAGINE WHEN PEOPLE LAG OUT AND THEY COME AND ARE LIKE
                "DAMN, A TUNNEL!"
                Jesus Christ on a pogo stick

Comment

LOL

Unless I'm mistaken your ping would be too bad to even enter tw, don't know for sure.

Vitron

Comment

Ah yes, the idea of internet radio in car. This idea came to me a while back after I first began listening to internet radio. Well, I figure radios such as di.fm should create their own gadget where you can tune into their radio or whatever just by buying this gadget! Then maybe they could have a car kit that came with it or sold separately.

I'm sure these gadgets would be a hit cuz I know I'd get one of 'em. Hope they decide to do this.

Comment

Entering TW connecting over a mobile link is possible, my friend has played like that before. I'm pretty sure that was when the servers were still in Europe, too.

But, yeah, radio should be no problem. With streaming, it doesn't matter if the connection lags. Spikes might be a problem if you're moving around in car.

Comment

Working...
                      X