Aol Sucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aol Sucks

OK i just got AOL BroadBand, i thought great low ping rates will be l33t now lol.

anyway i get high lag spikes (30,000) and was wondering if anyone knows of any way to get this aol ***t to work with the game.

when i run a trace i lose 50% data straight away through a .proxy.aol.com thing. aol says there is nothing they can do to help me run game better.

TY for anything (no i cant change isp)

Jeepers Creepers aka
    Last edited by JeepersCreepers; 01-20-2004, 08:21 AM.

servers

ok im replying to my own post,sad i know but no-one else posting lol

i think i found out the cause of my high ping rate and lag spikes, could it be due to the european servers being taken off-line. i live in uk.

could sum1 please reply cos i can only play continuum 1v1 i cant even dd or play in pub games.

also i dont seem to be able to be added to dd's even tho i am on roster and can challenge??

Comment

Servers

ok i know im replying to my own thread, but no one else is. yes sad i know but what the heck lol

ok could my high ping spikes and problems be due to the european servers being taken off-line, i have AOL broadband and i cant play the unless i play 1v1, i cant dd and i cant play pubs.

could sum1 please help me out here.

ask ppl who know me my lag sucks..ask 0be he will tell u lol

Comment

i think when you have aol, it runs something in the background that actually uses your bandwidth, a lot of users complained about the slowness of it sometimes.

Get a new ISP

Comment

Nm the link is dead.

Theres some kind of program that will disable the program which runs in the background for AOL. I don't know where to get more info, the link I put up was dead.
          Last edited by Kolar; 01-01-2004, 10:13 PM.

Comment

nm what?????????

Comment

He posted a link or an image but it was dead so he edited his post to say nm.

Comment

What you need to do is trash the **** out of AOL. I don't know if there are cheap service providers in uk, but in the US, they have plenty of stuff. AOL charges 25$ for the 9.0 crap that takes over the computer. You have to have a lot of ram so that the background programs won't affect the programs your running ( i.e. subspace.) There is a way to lower that 25$, for anyone listening. Just call them up and ask them to cancel b/c the rate is too high. They are making a new rule b/c they have lost sooo many customers. Anyone trying to "Goodbye" AOL, will get a discount to like 15 or something like that.

But for the love of god, delete AOL and take a hammer and smash that 9.0 CD!!

Comment

www.plusnet.co.uk
                  they do extremely cheap ADSL. 512kb --> 2mb

I am upgrading from Freeserve's 512kb to Plusnet's 1mb connection for just 5 extra pounds per month (£27.99 --> £32.99) activation is something like 50 something quid.

The service I am getting is one where you use your old ADSL modem, so you dont need to purchase one of their accredited ones and a load of phone filters. which will save you about £65.

If you feel that this service isnt well known, take a look at Plusnet's rating on www.adslguide.org - this may help to persuade you.

Comment

Working...
                  X