DirectX Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DirectX Problem

okay, in many of my games, it'l say "So and so" version of DirectX not found, please reinstal DirectX. (So and so being the required version of DirectX for that game) So i Downloaded DirectX 9.0 and installed it and restarted the computer but nothing happened and the errors are still coming up. I even reinstalled every game that the errors come up on. Plz help and reply ASAP
    "Shouldn't you be Running?"

Paladen

TW Beginners Guide

1:KJW> some 23 year old teacher was screwing her 14 year old students here in Florida was arrested yesterday ... she's HOT and I want to be 14 again!

(Robo Ref)>FACK U ALL BITSHES!!!!!!!!!!!!

5$ it's a virus
    I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal...

Comment

If it's an older game you're trying to install that requires an earlier version of DirectX, it might not recognize the latest versions. This is likely a result of lazy programming.

Comment

Im really not thinking its a virus, because if it is then it was put on here before i got my comp and spyware never detected it. And im ruling out the fact that it was lazy programing because Star Trek Starfleet command 3 required DX 8.1 and thats what i had before. Thats the only game thats doing it now... I just don't know what the hell is wrong with it.

Edit: Also, I'm ruling out the fact that the video card isnt compatable because this computer is brand new, and is compatable with anything else that I play. The ONLY thing that i think it COULD be is that the computer has a Celeron Processer and SFC3 required Pentium 3, but I've heard that the Celeron chips are better than Pentium 3 chips now. Oh well, give me feedback.

~Blue
        Last edited by Blue Thunder; 01-12-2004, 07:33 PM.

Paladen

TW Beginners Guide

1:KJW> some 23 year old teacher was screwing her 14 year old students here in Florida was arrested yesterday ... she's HOT and I want to be 14 again!

Comment

Celeron chips are FASTER then Pentium III, but they slow down like hell and unreible, if anything, I'd take a 1.3ghz Pentium III instead of a 2ghz celeron..or faster, OR if you got teh $$$$ go get a Pentium 4 :P

Comment

have you been downloading spyware to detect viruses?

rofl

Comment

thx for yourhelp. I found out that it was a prob with SFC3 (Lazy programming) but i got it fixed and all is good. thx again

~Blue

Paladen

TW Beginners Guide

Comment

Working...
              X