No announcement yet.

Problems with audio in a DivX movie...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with audio in a DivX movie...

I downloaded Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back (DVD-Rip) which was encoded with DivX 5.0.2.

When I try to play it, near the very beginning there is a few skips in the sound, and then the sound is always 1/2 second ahead of the video. It's really annoying. But that's not the worst part.

Near the middle, the audio starts to skip non-stop until the very end. This happens in every player I've tried (RealPlayer, Media Player, several DivX players).

Anyone have any idea how to fix this? Are there any programs or anything?
    sdg

You might check if you have the right divx codex. hmm.

Comment

has it been burned to a dvd-rw?

Comment

yeah, i used to have a bunch of links but i lost them on the last format stab

your audio and video arent in synch

if you do a search for divx sites, theres some great walkthroughs for how to convert to divx files

tmpginc is one conversion program

basically you can split the audio and video and then re-encode it and it should be able to do it right

there is a way to offset the audio as well , if its still off, in order to fix it

(or you can say to hell with it and download a different copy of it hehe)
        Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Comment

Yeah it's the file. I've downloaded it before. Don't waste your time syncing it, get a better copy.

Comment

You can fix it.

Download virtual dub, extract the wav file from it.
            Then download TMPG or w/e and convert the movie with that wavfile to a VCD (high quality etc)

to read how:

www.vcdhelp.com

but if u have fast connection, downloading a new copy may be faster. iF you have slow connection, download those two programs and convert it to mpg.
            .: ExquisiteHosting.com
            .: Website, Reseller & A. Hosting

Roxy :
            zzz

Comment

Yeah, I downloaded it from Kazaa this time. It has slightly lower quality, and I believe the size is a bit smaller, but oh well.
              sdg

Comment

Working...
              X