• Show
Clear All

• avoid page flipping

anyone have any ideas here?

i have a new pc with onboard 3d graphics

works great no issues right now except

i usually have the "avoid page flipping" checked so that i get better FPS

when i get in tw's with it i get in the neighbourhood of 260-280 fps

problem is whenever i change arenas in TW's it disconnects me from the server

but, if i uncheck the avoid page flipping i can move about TW's fine, but i only get 60FPS

any ideas?

edit: using cont. .39
    Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Turn off Software Emulation, that might get you a better fps.

Edit: Yeah you won't be able to see a difference, that is if it doesn't dip down to like 10 fps then 60 then 10 ect ect...
    Last edited by Kolar; 01-22-2004, 01:31 PM.

Comment

There isn't any difference after 60FPS, unless it's skipping wildly around. As long as you can maintain a steady 60FPS there shouldn't be any difference.
      sdg

Comment

well im less concerned about the actual fps, but to the fact as why would it be disconnecting every time i change arenas?
        Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Comment

too many packts with that kind of fps? so it disconnects u from server? idunno i duobt it tho, just thinkin. i have a question tho, on my continuum screen, on the left of my energy bar is a red number usually its at 74-75 is thsat the fps of the game? if so at 74-75 frames it still works great for me
          ÛñD@úÑ7è[) {+NtF+}
          Like a diamond, OUR game has no FLAWS!
          http://lindun7edntf.proboards26.com/index.cgi
          ---------------------------------

British <E> lagged push ?
          Utoom> double teamed
          Random Sho> SPAWNED!
          TranceTune> errrr
          THE PUSHER> naw..even worse
          THE PUSHER> stoned

Comment

sure thats fine, im not concerned with day to day game play at 60fps

im trying to point out that its either a bug, or hopefully something i can fix, its built into the game, it should be usable

im the only one that this happens to?

or do others just not use the avoid page fllipping?

Comment

I turned on most of the graphics options, including Avoid Page Flipping just to see what would happen. Game seems to alt+tab in and out a lot more smoothly, and I don't get d/c or anything.
              sdg

Comment

Working...
              X