My monitor is crazy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My monitor is crazy

So I just moved back into my apartment at school and my monitor is all messed up. Everything has a slight bluish tinge to it. Greens appear yellow, and reds are basically black. My roommate thinks it might have been caused by the cold weather. Any idea on what I should try or has anyone had this occur to them before?

Sounds like the colour temperature settings have been changed somehow. What brand and type of monitor do you have? Usually you can change this settings the monitors menu under colour controle (or something similar). If all else fails you could try resetting the monitor to it's default or last saved state (most monitors have a recall function) and readjust it to fit your wants.
    There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

question: what does degaussing do? helps the LEDs?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Peanuts
        question: what does degaussing do? helps the LEDs?
        If you experience weird deformations or spots in the picture your monitor displays, you can call the monitor's degauss function to demagnitize it. For instance, the magnetic field generated by PC speakers can sometimes interfere with the monitor's picture, so degaussing it would (hopefully) clear up the interference (spots, deformations etc.)
        There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

ah, thank you

Comment

it's a dell, I don't really know what model it is.

Yeah I tried reseting it to it's default but that didn't work.

Is there anyway I can change the text color in continuum by the way since reds show up as really really dark I can't read my chats.

Comment

do you have a CRT or a LCD?

Comment

You can change the font colors by editing the *font.bm2 files in the continuum/graphics/ directory. Open them in any graphic program and change them.
                Last edited by Stabwound; 01-25-2004, 11:43 PM.
                sdg

Comment

Working...
                X