Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible virus - Help needed

A squadmate of mine has a problem with his computer:
    Simply - His computer resets every few minutes or so, he doesn't have enough time to run a whole AntiVirus scan before it resets itself and he doesn't have enough time to post here (hence me writing for him).

I had a little look around on McAfee's website but couldn't see anything right away that looked like his problem although he doesn't know if it's a virus or just a problem with the computer.

I've suggested he places his computer in such a place that no side is within 6 inches of any surface (overheating may be the cause) and waiting to see if this helps.

Does anyone have any suggestions or maybe know of a virus that causes a computer to continually reset?

Thanks

~E
    USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
    ---A few minutes later---
    9:cool koen> you scorereseted
    9:Kim> UM
    9:Kim> i didn't
    9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
    9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
    9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
    9:pascone> lol?

Is it newer? (1999+)

Because around then companies were forced to install safety measures that if a certain component of your computer reaches a certain temperature it will go into sleep mode, shut off or restart.
    Originally posted by Jeenyuss
    sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

It also could mean that the power supply isn't working as good as it should.

1. Sniff the air
      2. If you smell smoke turn off your computer
      3. Somthing is wrong

Comment

Check the BIOS for the systems tempature. Run spybot and try to eliminate any software problems.

Comment

Check to see he doesnt have that MSBlast virus that went around a while back. The virus would tell Microsoft to shut down and a pop-up would come up saying computer will shut-down. I sorta doubt the computer can get overheated, but its possible.

Try to go into your task manager ( ctrl+alt+delete ) and post what PROCESSES are listed. the msblast will use msblast.exe most of the time of course =-p

If it is a virus reseting the computer, most likely it will be under the processes part of the task manager. (A Low-Mild risk virus anyways)

Comment

Working...
          X