Mozilla Firebird trubles...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mozilla Firebird trubles...

OK I have been having this trouble since I installed Firebird in December. I can only save images as "all files", it won't let me save it as a jpeg, gif, or bitmap. It's only says all files in the pull down tab. I can not figure out how to fix this thing. I have tried clearing out my temp folder and I also messed around in the options, but I can't fix the problem. It's probably is really easy to fix, but oh well. Please help.
    ()_()
    (0.o)
    (")(")

Mine is just like that too, so I guess that is standard. I haven't found it a problem at all though. I just tried to save the TW logo on the top of this page. The default name it gave was: forumtitle.jpg. I just clicked [Save] and it saved it as a .jpg. If I wanted to convert that to a .bmp, I can use MS Paint.

I suppose if you really want the option to convert the picture to a different format, you'll have to wait for someone else's response.

Comment

when it gives you the option to save it as "All Files" it lets you type in the file type. if you want a .bmp, type name.bmp, for jpg type name.jpg. you have to input the file type yourself when it does that. for converting, use irfanview.

Comment

What's firebird?
        I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal...

Comment

Originally posted by glacier
          when it gives you the option to save it as "All Files" it lets you type in the file type. if you want a .bmp, type name.bmp, for jpg type name.jpg. you have to input the file type yourself when it does that. for converting, use irfanview.
          I tried that, and no conversion takes place at all. It's still a .jpg. name.jpg + name.bmp both were 11k in size in my case.
          Last edited by Nockm; 02-09-2004, 10:48 AM.

Comment

well in windows 2000, there's an option somewhere, it's something like "Always display file type" and it makes it so the file type is always displayed, like on my desktop, instead of continuum being displayed as "Continuum", it says "Continuum.exe", and if I changed the .exe, it wouldnt be an executable, so what I posted would work for me. I guess it depends on your options and operating system.

Comment

use irfanview.
              That's the PROgram! It's the best picviewing program... ever.

Comment

^

Comment

like on my desktop, instead of continuum being displayed as "Continuum", it says "Continuum.exe", and if I changed the .exe, it wouldnt be an executable
                  Renaming the file with a different .xxx 'extension' doesn't change its real type. It's like buying a tin of beans, then ripping off the beans label and writing 'sausages' instead on it. It's still a tin of beans, just a wrongly named one. So if you changed Continnum.exe into Continuum.jpg, its still a program, not a picture really. Same goes for picture formats, i.e. renaming a .jpg into a .bmp.

Comment

Originally posted by Nockm
                    Renaming the file with a different .xxx 'extension' doesn't change its real type. It's like buying a tin of beans, then ripping off the beans label and writing 'sausages' instead on it. It's still a tin of beans, just a wrongly named one. So if you changed Continnum.exe into Continuum.jpg, its still a program, not a picture really. Same goes for picture formats, i.e. renaming a .jpg into a .bmp.
                    nockm conveniently used the worst metaphor possible, so that we didn't have to.
                    Animol> the solution for crimelization is openetion of heartization
                    Moltenrock> STOP TALKING TO MY TEAMMMATE ASSHOLE

Comment

with my settings, I could rename it continuum.jpg, it just wouldnt have anything to open. if you have "always show file extensions" on, then you can freely change it as you please. with most, it sometimes asks if you're sure you want to change the format of a read only and changing the extension will make it unreadable or something like that.

Comment

Yea I knew if you typed in picture.gif or picture.jpeg it would save in that format, but I just wanted to know if I could turn on a setting that would allow a pull down option. I'm really lazy and don't like typing. Thanks anyways.
                        ()_()
                        (0.o)
                        (")(")

Comment

Well Mozilla FireBird has jusr been changed to Mozilla FirFox, it's brand spankying new....so if you like FireBird you should check out FireFox..... http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/
                          ()_()
                          (0.o)
                          (")(")

Comment

I don't know what either of them are I just know how to fix common problems

Comment

Originally posted by Heatha
                              Well Mozilla FireBird has jusr been changed to Mozilla FirFox, it's brand spankying new....so if you like FireBird you should check out FireFox..... http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/
                              Oh... effing nice. Time to download!
                              sdg

Comment

Working...
                              X