Download problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Download problems

When I try to download a file, it automatically opens it without giving me the choice between saving and opening.

This gets annoying because with a zip file it means it doesn't work properly. I had a little poke around internet options but couldn't see much (looked mainly under the advanced tab).
    I know you can right click -> save as, but this doesn't work if your downloading from a flash site or from a site using PHP stuff.

Has anyone got any ideas as to how I can get it back to asking me if I want to save or open the files I download?

Thanks

~Ewan

PS - I know this shouldn't make a difference but I've ran Adaware and Spybot and deleted everything they found and I also deleted all history, temp internet files and cookies but all to no avail.

PPS - Does anyone else find it takes a stupidly long time to delete temporary internet files when you do it through internet options?
    USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
    ---A few minutes later---
    9:cool koen> you scorereseted
    9:Kim> UM
    9:Kim> i didn't
    9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
    9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
    9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
    9:pascone> lol?

http://cleanup.stevengould.org/

I recently discovered this program and it's a great program to use. Try it out.

Comment

yeah ewan, i have that, the one where it comes up on the status bar at the bottom 'Downloading from site:'

except mine is a bit selective to what it prompts you to download and what it downloads. Some downloads do it, some dont. :S

And cheers for that link, sufficient

Comment

Start up the Windows Explorer (not Internet Explorer!), select Folder Option from the Tools menu, click the File Types tab. You should now see a list of possible file types, select a filetype (.zip for example) click the Advanced button and check "Confirm open after download". You'll have to manually do this for each file type you encouter the problem with.
        There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Ok, thanks FA, that seemed to work

(Either that or it fixed itself somehow)

~E
          USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
          ---A few minutes later---
          9:cool koen> you scorereseted
          9:Kim> UM
          9:Kim> i didn't
          9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
          9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
          9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
          9:pascone> lol?

Comment

Working...
          X