Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet again an other keyboard problem?!

Greetings,

I don't usually depend on other ppl for help because I'm usually an independant ego bastard. Point made, I'll now explain my problem. (pwned)

After about 30-45 minutes of play in subspace my keyboard decides to invert all the keys. Example: I would press the letter T and the letter A would show up. Everything is diorganized in a way. I don't know if it's my constant alt-tabing that is doing this... I need to restart ss for it to work properly. Any ideas?

That's it. merci ^^
    <3 TW Radio

Would you like to switch keyboards?
    ()_()
    (0.o)
    (")(")

Comment

You probably change your keyboard language, happens if you press alt + shift. But if it's the ordinary ABC buttons changing it's strange. (That usually doesn't happen when you change language of the keyboard)

Comment

that would be teh suxor, lea :\

Comment

yeh, it happens to me. if i got to type .?go #example, the # would change into " so id have to type " and hope itd be a # :S completed and annoying

Comment

I've tried switching keyboards... doesn't work. I do have multiple languages on the keyboard. hmmm... even though it is only french and english, I don't see why the "M" would change into a "G". Oh well...
            <3 TW Radio

Comment

French and English keyboards have different key setup completly. For example, I believe French ones have AZERTY instead of QWERTY.
              Also the way numbers work

I once had the problem that my keyoard would continually swicth between US and UK when playing SS. I since found out this is due to the pressing of Shift & Alt which happens to be my mine key.

Try pressing Shift & Alt to see if it changes the KB language back to what you want it to be.

~Ewan
              USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
              ---A few minutes later---
              9:cool koen> you scorereseted
              9:Kim> UM
              9:Kim> i didn't
              9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
              9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
              9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
              9:pascone> lol?

Comment

I'll try that, but this still doesn't explain the fact that letters become symbols (;`.é,<¸^¸<é) (<-- for example) if the language setting would change from english to french or vise versa.
                <3 TW Radio

Comment

You might want to add the language bar to your task bar, that way you can easily see if your keyboard has changed language settings easy and fast.

quote from http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/h...en/default.asp :

To switch languages or keyboards from the taskbar

Open Regional and Language Options in Control Panel.
                  On the Languages tab, under Text services and input languages, click Details.
                  Under Preferences, click Language Bar.
                  In the Language Bar Settings dialog box, select the Show additional Language bar icons in the Notification area check box.
                  Click OK three times.
                  Click the language icon or the keyboard icon on the taskbar to display a menu.
                  Click a language or keyboard.

Note
                  To open Regional and Language Options, click Start, click Control Panel, click Date, Time, Language, and Regional Options, and then click Regional and Language Options.

Comment

Maybe the symbols are due to it accidentally being changed to Chinese / Japanese?
                    USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
                    ---A few minutes later---
                    9:cool koen> you scorereseted
                    9:Kim> UM
                    9:Kim> i didn't
                    9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
                    9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
                    9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
                    9:pascone> lol?

Comment

hmmm.... doubt it. :P
                      <3 TW Radio

Comment