SS Proxy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SS Proxy

If anyone knows how to make a proxy for continuum, or knows where to find instructions..please tell me. THX

ps. Die Packetloss! DIE!
    © ♥ Hannes

I'm pretty sure you have to get that information from your ISP. Someone back me up on this?
    5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
    5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
    5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

I've heard of people trying but I've never heard of it working.

Using a proxy connection isn't going to help packetloss, it adds an extra step for all of you packets. When you use a proxy, you connect to a proxy server and that server connects to the "real" destination.

For example, a network of computers connects to one proxy server which has a connection to the internet. The proxy server provides a single firewall point and manages the connections of the other computers. Business and schools do this to protect and monitor internet access.

You might also do it if you're inside a firewall if the firewall prevents connections to continuum servers, but you are able to connect to a machine outside the firewall. You make the outside machine a proxy server, connect to that machine, and it provides your connection to the continuum servers.

That's the idea, never seen it done.

Comment

I could never get a proxy working in Continuum. It would freeze the entire program, and it wouldn't even start up anymore. I had to delete it through the registry to even get into any option menus or anything.
        sdg

Comment

Could someone explain exactly how to setup proxy servers? Step by step if possible :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Fit of Rage
            I'm pretty sure you have to get that information from your ISP. Someone back me up on this?
            5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
            5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
            5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

Basically a proxy server is setup on your...computer that doesn't have problems, and you have Continuum setup to connect to your proxy server, then run all the commands THROUGH that computer so you can avoid firewall problems and the like.

As for how to setup a proxy server...., someone help me with it :-)

Oh, and what "information" are you asking for?

Comment

You don't need a proxy server as it won't help with your packetloss. There are only two reasons people set up a proxy. One is for the reason geekbot outlined involving the circumvention of a firewall (i.e. - at your school). The other is so you can filter packets, which only cheating scumbags would do.
                jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jason
                  You don't need a proxy server as it won't help with your packetloss. There are only two reasons people set up a proxy. One is for the reason geekbot outlined involving the circumvention of a firewall (i.e. - at your school). The other is so you can filter packets, which only cheating scumbags would do.
                  or you could bypass a ban.

what you're doing is connection to a (proxy) server which is like a messenger between you and the server. here's a pic for you to understand more:

You -> Proxy -> Trench Wars
                  or
                  You <- Proxy <- Trench Wars

it won't help for lag or packetloss at all because instead of a direct trip for the packet (it's the info of like "Sour killed Blabla" or "Panda Pancakes fires bullet aimming +3" or sometihng like that) to the server, now it's going to the proxy server than the tw server, which would take even more time.

Comment

A proxy won't help bypass a ban. They ban by MAC ID.
                    sdg

Comment

Ah sorry i havent been able to read the forums for a while now.

1. If my isp is the only one in my country who has ploss in tw.
                      2. There is not going to be more than 50 ping between me and the proxy so i think it might work. (proxy on other isp)

WHY wouldnt this work?
                      © ♥ Hannes

Comment

Hannes, if you have the opportunity to setup a proxy through another ISP, why don't you just switch over to that ISP?
                        jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jason
                          You don't need a proxy server as it won't help with your packetloss. There are only two reasons people set up a proxy. The other is so you can filter packets, which only cheating scumbags would do. One is for the reason geekbot outlined involving the circumvention of a firewall (i.e. - at your school).

Hoho, Jason gots that part right $$$$

Comment

I was thinking of setting up a proxy server for anzu and variable. They have the same ISP Hannes has and live about 50km away from me so the ping wouldn't be too high between me and them. My connection doesn't have packetloss and my trace to tw is completely different from anzu's or variable's. They're not quite sure where the packetloss comes from (if it comes from outside of Finland, proxy would help in this case?) but they would like to try the proxy. Also if the packetloss doesn't dissappear when using a proxy, they could tell the fault is their ISP's. At the moment the ISP says it's not their fault.

WHY wouldnt this work?
                            ps. If someone could tell me a good proxy server software I would appreciate it.
                            last.fm - Keeping it short

Comment

yeah, mulkeros isp's routing is way different than mine, he had something like 9 hops to tw server, and I 22 hops. None of the hops went truh the same server
                              Underpants gives us great advices:

Underground> Dont die
                              Underground> And you win!

Comment

Working...
                              X