No announcement yet.

Do we need more mmr hosts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey it's only been the 100th or so time where there's 30 people online to play MMR, the host leaves after a couple games, and then we can't play anything else because only 4 total staffers ever host to begin with. No need for more, right? Automated MMR coming any day now. It's only been 2 months since this thread started, everyone voted for more hosts, and the only host created was Kassius whose bedtime is before the majority of the playerbase even logs in.

Great job everyone!

RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
    RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Originally posted by Exalt View Post
      Hey it's only been the 100th or so time where there's 30 people online to play MMR, the host leaves after a couple games, and then we can't play anything else because only 4 total staffers ever host to begin with. No need for more, right? Automated MMR coming any day now. It's only been 2 months since this thread started, everyone voted for more hosts, and the only host created was Kassius whose bedtime is before the majority of the playerbase even logs in.

Great job everyone!
      Hence why I've pretty much moved on. I'm not saying that qan isn't smart or anything but the majority of TW staff (as it was basically throughout it's history) are power-hungry idiots who troll the playerbase and only host some MMR once in a while. Haven't seen anyone apart from qan and Biet do anything for this zone in quite a while, yet beam and LF are still sitting in spec, trolling as they always do. Oh, and LF is still 15. Look at his signature. Guy can't get over me lol.
      In a more serious note, Exalt, I would suggest you do move on. This game (or better yet, this zone) won't ever change. The golden, fun years of TW are over. Now only a handful of nolifers remain who just want to do this until the end of time as they don't have anything better to do with their lives. You seem like a reasonable, smart dude, just like me and some of the folks I've met in the game - why are you still here I wonder? There are so many other good games out there, single- and multiplayer, which have better communities and are fun more to play. Why not try them out? I think you mentioned the other day that you like playing Rocket League. Why not play it with some of us (or with your own friends)? You don't need hosts for that and noone is going to bother you there. :P

Comment

I could commit to hosting on certain days at certain times, but I can't sign up for after 23:00 GMT. I have a job I have to get up for / family / other interests etc.

I can multi-task a bit and do other things while hosting but not sure how many would be on when I can (e.g. 21:00-23:00gmt).

Comment

Originally posted by Kassius View Post
          I could commit to hosting on certain days at certain times, but I can't sign up for after 23:00 GMT. I have a job I have to get up for / family / other interests etc.

I can multi-task a bit and do other things while hosting but not sure how many would be on when I can (e.g. 21:00-23:00gmt).
          Nobody blames you at all man. You're on a completely different time zone. It's understandable and nobody is asking for anyone to go beyond what is convenient for them.

I think the issue is that we've asked for more hosts and been told MMR will be automated, so it isn't wanted or needed by staff, yet automated MMR seems to be pretty far away. I don't think anyone expects qan to quit his day job just to get it out faster, which means more MMR hosts would be helpful right now to the community, preferably someone that logs in everyday. When automated MMR finally does come, then just remove the hosting power and those people can decide if they want to remain staff in some other form (if they are wanted) or not. There are multiple people to choose from who fit that category, but we just get told no or simply given the silent treatment. In the end, it feels like staff log in less than most of the playerbase, and almost nightly there is a problem where no MMR host is on and people log off, because they only log in to play MMR in the first place.

Imagine canceling TWL or TWDT mid-season because no hosts log in and when multiple people offer to become hosts to keep it running, they're instead told that it will one day at some indefinite time be automated so more hosts aren't wanted or needed. That's what this feels like with MMR. It's not really the responsibility or fault of the few hosts who do log in to help, but more so imo the people who refuse to allow more and lighten the burden for everyone involved.
          RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
          RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

I came in today just to check on the whole situation and beam was hosting for a bit, yet he decided who can and cannot play. Also, if the teams were not ok in his eyes, he just restarted the whole round. Was really fun, I left after watching 2 games.

Comment

Originally posted by wiibimbo View Post
              I came in today just to check on the whole situation and beam was hosting for a bit, yet he decided who can and cannot play. Also, if the teams were not ok in his eyes, he just restarted the whole round. Was really fun, I left after watching 2 games.
              what can I say except you're welcome
              Jessup> saiyan and i had steamy cyber sex once

Streak Breaker Grizzly Beam

Don't Poke the Bear.

Comment

Originally posted by beam View Post

what can I say except you're welcome
                You really don't get it, do you? This is not about me but about the community. I've pretty much moved on as I have many other commitments and don't have the time and/or the nerves to keep up with the likes of you. The majority of people in the zone is suffering. Why won't you see that? Are you really that dumb, beam? Holy fk man, I actually thought you might have some braincells but now I'm convinced you are just like LF and TheSauce - a walking zombie who sees this game as an achievement in life.
                For once in your life embrace this and maybe, just maybe, the people will warm up to you and you won't be that TW lunatic everyone talks about. Make the community great again and stop obsessing over me. I don't like small, narcissistic know-it-all males, I prefer big, smart women with big breasts and a good sense of humor.

PS. Sorry for using some big words in there, hope you don't have to google them too much.

Comment

Originally posted by wiibimbo View Post

You really don't get it, do you? This is not about me but about the community. I've pretty much moved on as I have many other commitments and don't have the time and/or the nerves to keep up with the likes of you. The majority of people in the zone is suffering. Why won't you see that? Are you really that dumb, beam? Holy fk man, I actually thought you might have some braincells but now I'm convinced you are just like LF and TheSauce - a walking zombie who sees this game as an achievement in life.
                  For once in your life embrace this and maybe, just maybe, the people will warm up to you and you won't be that TW lunatic everyone talks about. Make the community great again and stop obsessing over me. I don't like small, narcissistic know-it-all males, I prefer big, smart women with big breasts and a good sense of humor.

PS. Sorry for using some big words in there, hope you don't have to google them too much.
                  for a guy who has said 8 times that you've moved on you sure spend a lot of time typing essays in game and on the forum

Don't Poke the Bear.

Comment

yeah just fucking quit already

Comment

Typical staff abuse to increase his mmr rating. Qan why is this even a fucking thing, beam should be removed from staff and banned from mmr. Beams rating is only as high as it is because he sets up matches in his favour. He must have something over qan he uses as "ban me and ill stop doing whatever". This dude single handedly killed mmr. Fucking blind ppl man. Keep inflating those ratings beam one day you won't be a 7 star shitter. Your scores in games you play are not aligning with your rating. Someone over 4k should be getting mvp most matches and here you sit with 5-7 kills each match and no mvps

Comment

Originally posted by TheSauce View Post
                        Typical staff abuse to increase his mmr rating. Qan why is this even a fucking thing, beam should be removed from staff and banned from mmr. Beams rating is only as high as it is because he sets up matches in his favour. He must have something over qan he uses as "ban me and ill stop doing whatever". This dude single handedly killed mmr. Fucking blind ppl man. Keep inflating those ratings beam one day you won't be a 7 star shitter. Your scores in games you play are not aligning with your rating. Someone over 4k should be getting mvp most matches and here you sit with 5-7 kills each match and no mvps
                        haven't played a wb mmr since december 11th but nice try

Don't Poke the Bear.

Comment

Last week you jumped up a few hundr3d points and yesterday you got some making your own teams. Beam you are in such a tangled web of lies you don't even know which is a lie and which isn't. You are a cancer to tw and should fucking leave to make it right. You think you are the only one who cam see game stats and that just proves how stupid and insignifant you really are

Comment

Originally posted by beam View Post

for a guy who has said 8 times that you've moved on you sure spend a lot of time typing essays in game and on the forum
                            Now you gonna tell me what to do and not to do? Pathetic. Go watch kids play 2D ships and wait for your babysitter's milk to arrive.

PS. Yo Sauce, beam never was and never will be good. I used to own him back in the days when I just started and he was a "vet" already. Guy is just salty because he hasn't achieved anything in life I guess.

Comment

Sorry guys I've not been able to log on much the past 2 weeks - lots on at work and having to get up at 6am for a 2 hour commute. Can't burn the candle at both ends like I could when I was younger, turned 39 this month!

Comment

Originally posted by Kassius View Post
                                Sorry guys I've not been able to log on much the past 2 weeks - lots on at work and having to get up at 6am for a 2 hour commute. Can't burn the candle at both ends like I could when I was younger, turned 39 this month!
                                Happy birthday broski!

Comment

Working...
                                X