Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWD stats and the amount of assistants

I have few things on my mind.

Why can't squads have more than 5 assistants? Maybe I've missed something but it doesn't make any sense to me. 7-8 assistants would be a lot better .

Why isn't there better players stats within the twd site? I could use more precise player stats. For example: Last played game, how many games played this week/month.. maybe a list where is shown the games this certain player has played. Maybe some stats about assistants. How many games accepted in the past week/month, how many squads challenged in the past week/month. Maybe some of these are impossible to be done but they sure would be useful. These stats would help maintaining squad roster.. captains could more easily remove inactive players from the roster and give assistant powers to most active players (atm you can't really tell who's the most active).

I guess that's everything.. Not sure tho

- Mulkero
    last.fm - Keeping it short

Why limit it to 7-8? Why are assistants limited at all?
    Mr 12 inch wonder

Comment

Yeah well I thought if they have to limit it they should make the limit higher.. I don't want any limits :P

Comment

Originally posted by Mattey
        Why limit it to 7-8? Why are assistants limited at all?
        I think they had a limit on (A)/(C) bc there are always them nutsacks when u recruit them who could go around !challenge/!accepting things costing u games and all. I think there has to be a limit to them, but i think the limit should definatly be higher then what it is (5?) thats only 8 ppl who can accept a game, if alot are the same time zone ur in trouble. They dont have to be handed out, make the limit higher, if ppl trust more ppl th en they can give it to them, if they dont, then they dont give it.

Also mulk, i agree, the stats thing w/ the current page is a little stupid. I mean in TWBD for example, if u shark for 20 minutes, then u get changed to terr with 80 deaths, on the TWD page w/ stats it shows u ahd 80 deaths in terr, therefor making ur average with it like really bad. I also think there could be some better things in it to, like u said to see who is the most active and maybe a thing for MVP counts and stuff. Maybe have something more in depth to show how good of an av u can get vs top 5 rank'd squads and stuff. Have it how it is now like u av 10:7 or so, but make 1 so it shows how do vs top 5ish squads. Alot of ppl use that stuff as a guid to recruit ppl. Another thing is maybe having how many terr kills u get in a game if that can be counted.

All these things arent needed, but some of them would be nice to have, i think the MVP one especialy, and maybe if doable the top 5 average thing. Also have the thing w/ ship switches changed so u dont average 80 deaths bc u sharked b4 terring.
        _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

I don't think we really need to be able to hand out any more assistant spots. If you are really running into the problem that you don't have anyone on to accept a game at any time in the day, then you have given the assist. spots to the wrong people.
          sdg

Comment

Originally posted by Stabwound
            I don't think we really need to be able to hand out any more assistant spots. If you are really running into the problem that you don't have anyone on to accept a game at any time in the day, then you have given the assist. spots to the wrong people.
            That isnt realy the point. What is it hurting to give 3 more (A) spots to each squad? IF ur squad is so active with its (A) and (C) then u dont need to hand them out. Some squads just dont have (A)'s or (C)'s who are online 15 hrs a day and every day. THey have a roster of 20 ppl who are like that. U also have to remember, u ahve squads like diso/sk8 and so on for example who are like 95% euro, they give mostly euro ppl (A) and so on, but they have some USA ppl on @ nite always not having a possible (A) online. I think they should get the privledge to have multiple (A) to. I do think that there should be a limit on them, but i also think the limit should be higher. Most squads have 25-35+ ppl on there roster, with 5 (A)'s thats 1 (A) per 5 ppl on roster. IT doesnt hurt to have the ability to hand more out.
            _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

Oh yeah I forgot the whole twbd thing. Shipchanges should be in the stats.

I've been in situations where there's maybe one assistant/cap out of 10 ppl online and it isn't about having the wrong people as assistants. Even if you have 3 caps and 5 assistants that isn't _always_ enough. For example at this time of year many people are taking vacations and some of them don't even tell their squaddies about it so suddenly few guys disappear for a week leaving assistant spots unused. Captains can't always keep an eye on those people and even if they could they would have to demote for promote people all the time. Maybe problems like this go deeper but having more assistants would help.

And about the twd stats. The stats that I pointed out would help squad captains. I don't know how hard would it be to code those things into the twd-site but I know it would save captains some time.

Comment

Originally posted by Mulkero
                Oh yeah I forgot the whole twbd thing. Shipchanges should be in the stats.

I've been in situations where there's maybe one assistant/cap out of 10 ppl online and it isn't about having the wrong people as assistants. Even if you have 3 caps and 5 assistants that isn't _always_ enough. For example at this time of year many people are taking vacations and some of them don't even tell their squaddies about it so suddenly few guys disappear for a week leaving assistant spots unused. Captains can't always keep an eye on those people and even if they could they would have to demote for promote people all the time. Maybe problems like this go deeper but having more assistants would help.

And about the twd stats. The stats that I pointed out would help squad captains. I don't know how hard would it be to code those things into the twd-site but I know it would save captains some time.
                Ya i know a few captains who use TWD as a recruiting tool, see how consistant and stuff a player is and how active.

I also think that mulk is rite on the (A) thing. Having more to hand out isnt a sin, if ur squad dont need them or wnt to hand them out then u simply dont, ur not forced to, but some squads i garentee more then less could use moer (A)'s on ther roster. Like mulk said, in some squads the (A) is a status thing, like a co-leader in some way. U cant just remove that from them if they go on a 2 week vacation, or if they are not gonna be active for that month. They earn'd the (A) and deserve it. Its alot ezier to jsut give more then make squads remove them and change others to it.
                _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

Originally posted by Cig Smoke
                  I think they had a limit on (A)/(C) bc there are always them nutsacks when u recruit them who could go around !challenge/!accepting things costing u games and all. I think there has to be a limit to them, but i think the limit should definatly be higher then what it is (5?) thats only 8 ppl who can accept a game, if alot are the same time zone ur in trouble. They dont have to be handed out, make the limit higher, if ppl trust more ppl th en they can give it to them, if they dont, then they dont give it.
                  Diso solved this problem quite simply. They spaced it out so our captains/assistants are relativly proportional to the number of people from each area. We only have a few from America/Canada, so we just have one Assistant, me, and since I'm on often it works out well. The rest of the caps/assistants are around for earlier Euro times and can accept matches then.

As for the whole letting "dickwad" assitants challenge randomly and cost you points: If you're a smart squadleader you won't allow people with bad judgement to hold that position at all.

Just my two cents.

PS: As for TWBD stats, please change. The 80 death in terr example is a really good instance of how the current stats can really throw averages etc.
                  5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
                  5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
                  5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

Leaders do not neccesarily = Assistants
                    Put active and responsible people as assistants, even if they're not neccesarily "high up there" in your squad.

and just to clarify to SOME people

Web Page makers do not neccesarily = Leaders

Thank you and good day.

Comment

I beg to differ, Paul. I'm a web page maker, and I'm a leader... of my very own fanclub!
                      jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PaulOakenfold
                        Leaders do not neccesarily = Assistants
                        Put active and responsible people as assistants, even if they're not neccesarily "high up there" in your squad.

and just to clarify to SOME people

Web Page makers do not neccesarily = Leaders

Thank you and good day.
                        All of this is true,but it'd be alot ezier to just have a fe more (a)'s to give out amoung ur squad. I really don see any downfall to it. IF ur squad dont want to do it, then dont, if u want to then u can.

Fit i know i read his post wrong when i posted that, i thought he meant that why have (A) and stuff at all, jus tlet anyone on the squad challenge, but i realized after Thats also what i'd do as diso, and its hat sk8 did with me to, but i still think it'd be nice to ahve alot more available. Its annoying to have enuff online but u cant do nething bc of no (A) or (C).
                        _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

I think more than 3 caps would be good and the assistants, whats wrong with letting it be unlimited, it's their squad.
                          EvoLd> Roboqueen died again?
                          cool koen> :)
                          PRiMORDiAL> pfft
                          cool koen> not because of a bug
                          EvoLd> Lol
                          Treachery> meh
                          EvoLd> why then?
                          PubAceR> women in power dont last
                          EvoLd> LOl
                          toaster oven reviews

Comment

Originally posted by dimboy2
                            I think more than 3 caps would be good and the assistants, whats wrong with letting it be unlimited, it's their squad.
                            Ya i agree, if the captain trusts everyone then they should be allowed to make them all (A). Another interesting idea would be to allow more (C)'s to add ppl to roster and whatnot. I think more (A)s is more important then more (C)'s tho.
                            _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

I think there should be limits such as...

A squad with 10-19 people allows 1-2 Captain and 2-4 Assistants
                              A squad with 20-29 players allows 2-3 Captains and 4-6 Assistants
                              A squad with over 30 players allows 3-5 Captains and 6-8 Assistants
                              TWLD Season 8 Champion: -FINAL-
                              TWLB Season 9 Champion: -FINAL-

Sika> go in, burst and portal out © everett 2006 all rights reserved
                              Cross> feel like masturbating after seeing everett in javbirt
                              1:LF> my gf gives bad head, how do i fix this 1:pinkSTAR> give head to another guy 1:LF> k ur ignored
                              4:moot> cintra thinks he's as good as ev now so he's decided not to talk in public like him
                              1:broly> winning this title is like having sex

Comment

Working...
                              X