TWBD Matches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWBD Matches

So just for clarification. I see on the TW site that twbd will have "time race" implemented now. So the whole time period to qualify for twlb will be based on time races?

And to what time? I guess we'll have more specific info posted on the twd website soon? :eek:

And what made you guys go with "time race" over "point race"?
    I came, I saw, I lagged out... :rolleyes:

Noooooo!!!!!!

Regular Games4life
    Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

I played in a BD roughly an hour ago, a regular game. I'm happy to see time race being implemented. Regular games just seem to drag on for far too long.
      jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Go timerace! No more milking!
        You ate some priest porridge

Comment

It's a good idea they've decided to impliment this. Not that I'm for or against Time race, but this will deffinetly give EVERYBODY a feel for this kind of game play. It's one thing to play this type of game in ?go base, but it's a totaly different thing to play it with and against competetive teams.

I'm pretty sure this implimentation into TWBD won't neccesarily mean it's being implimented into TWL, but it will be used as sort of a "second step" of a poll, which is always a good idea.

Comment

Main problem I see with timed races is that...sometimes the squad that has base is in a solid cram and the attacking team needs a few minutes to exploit thier mistake, I've seen a lot of matches that were held by one team for 10 minutes then the other team took base and dominated, winning the match.
            Trench Wars Moderator

TWDT-B Season 3 Champion: WOOT

6:Centurion <ZH>> afk embalming babies
            3:royce> i wish i knew how to penetrate
            1:Markmrw> i feel like i need a dick all of a sudden
            1:Markmrw> fuck wrong chat!
            1:Markmrw> :O
            1:RaCka> ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????

Comment

Still could happen

Originally posted by PureOwnage
              Main problem I see with timed races is that...sometimes the squad that has base is in a solid cram and the attacking team needs a few minutes to exploit thier mistake, I've seen a lot of matches that were held by one team for 10 minutes then the other team took base and dominated, winning the match.

Yeah, well I guess that could still happen in the time race to 15 mins. TEchnically, one squad could dominate for 14:59 and then loose flag and then the other team could dominate for the next 15:00 and win.

Comment

Originally posted by PaulOakenfold
                It's a good idea they've decided to impliment this. Not that I'm for or against Time race, but this will deffinetly give EVERYBODY a feel for this kind of game play. It's one thing to play this type of game in ?go base, but it's a totaly different thing to play it with and against competetive teams.

I'm pretty sure this implimentation into TWBD won't neccesarily mean it's being implimented into TWL, but it will be used as sort of a "second step" of a poll, which is always a good idea.
                I think whatever method is used to qualify should be used in TWL, regardless if i like the idea or not.
                _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

Originally posted by Cig Smoke
                  I think whatever method is used to qualify should be used in TWL, regardless if i like the idea or not.
                  Agreed

Whatever method used in twd should be used in twl as well because that's what people will be used to and to change it after having to qualify would not make sense.

PS. Time race is awesome, IMO it should be kept around.

Comment

15 mins

Originally posted by JacKieChan>
                    So just for clarification. I see on the TW site that twbd will have "time race" implemented now. So the whole time period to qualify for twlb will be based on time races?

And to what time? I guess we'll have more specific info posted on the twd website soon? :eek:

And what made you guys go with "time race" over "point race"?
                    Guess it's 15 min time race.

Comment

Originally posted by PureOwnage

How is that bad? the same sort of thing happens in regular point games, except in regular games if the first team holds too long, the game's over early because there's no way to catch up.
                      http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

Correct,

Unless there is some major flaw in this, what goes on in twd generally translates into twl.

Comment

Yes, timerace is the tits. I also really like the increased spawn timer. Basing is sweet.
                          Mr 12 inch wonder

Comment

Ya that is a neat little thing that probably wasnt noticed by many except terrs who need sharks faster, and sharks who cant time perfect.
                            _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

Working...
                            X