Just an idea...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just an idea...

Hmm...well...i was thinking that maybe somehow...a !rank system could be implemented into the twd bots...so you wouldnt have to go to the site and check your squad's rank in the different leagues...and of others....maybe im just foolish with this idea...or maybe there is already one and im just dump =P

It wouldn't be hard to implement, just a few queries here and there from the db. The thing is, you'd have to convince the bot programmers that it's a worthwhile endeavor. I'm betting they'll just tell you to get off your lazy ass and check the website.
    jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Lol, wouldnt it only be like...Copying codde from robo ref into the matchbots or twdbot...and changing where it accesses the info..and what it returns to you?

Comment

I posted a similiar idea in that thread muslimstudio recently posted about twd website searches.

I just received some stuff from Dock and will look into this seriously.

Yeah, like a TWD Info Bot, that will give you any twd info while online. I agree and wana see this done.

Just give me some time, I just receive some bot info like 5mins ago.

If all goes well with twbot development, I'm all ears for implementing good ideas. I have quite afew ideas myself.

Comment

Cool Wisecherub, I have a suggestion, add average kills per minute and deaths per minute, especially if we are turning over to time race. Jerome suggested that in another thread.

Also games played and mvps won. If possible have it display your highest scoring or killing game if asked.

Average flag touches.

Average repels used or left.

Maybe for site if someone who does that reads this, they can put up record breaking games in twd for all ships, like the top ten for kills/score/least deaths or something.

This probably can't be done for previous games for some of above, but maybe for all future games.

That all that's off top of my head.
          -L3

Comment

Cool Wisecherub, I have a suggestion, add average kills per minute and deaths per minute, especially if we are turning over to time race. Jerome suggested that in another thread.

Also games played and mvps won. If possible have it display your highest scoring or killing game if asked.

Average flag touches.

Average repels used or left.

Maybe for site if someone who does that reads this, they can put up record breaking games in twd for all ships, like the top ten for kills/score/least deaths or something.

This probably can't be done for previous games for some of above, but maybe for all future games.

That all that's off top of my head.
            Yes, I read about these ideas in other posts with mixed opinions. Please keep in mind I just received information regarding TW bots yesterday and have already went thru much of the API to gain a basic understanding. I recall seeing methods that allow the bot to access specific detailed in game information on any player within an arena, and don't see it being a problem for bots to do this. Overall, I don't know the exact server system limitations of a bot. To make this all happen, the BOT during the match would have to POLL each participant (able to do this within a given time frame) within a match for their specific stats and update into a expanded match structure and then at the end of the match send this information to the TWD SQL server database. Then from this match database, another program on the website would either build TOP Hiscore lists on the fly or build/update at a given timeframe (for example...like every 30mins).

Of course the kills/mins info for past matches don't exist, so it can't be retroactive.

As for me doing this specific idea is upto the TW Bot Developers staff, not me. My goal is to first familiarize myself with this TW Bot Environment, and then if I get permission work on a simple project. From there, If I find this bot development simple, I will try my best to put time into more elaborate projects to improve TWD.

Well I won't forget many ideas posted in this forum and will definately keep them in mind.

BTW, was Jerome the one who mentioned having something like how EG zone bots have results on a match?

From reading the other threads, I seen many players discuss how to determine detailed stats on particular ships. For example; A Good Warbird in a basing game would be a good terrier killer, as it's primary duty. The current system where it simply spits out kills/deaths for the match doesn't fully indicate whether a player is really doing a good job. For example, a shark may have negative rec, but perhaps it did a good job at keeping the opponents out of the flag room.

I seen a reply from Mythrandir, saying that he looked/thought about this and in the end there is no point to all this; something in this respect. I respect his point of view on this; since overall which basing squad wins the match is a good enough indicator whether each ship performed well.

But I understand from a basing squads point of view they would love to have good indicators of each squad mates performance during a match. Also to tabulate particular ship stats and have stuff like Top Basing Spiders Highscore/rank List on a TWD website which could sort to particular ratings like average Kills/min.

Comment

http://forums.trenchwars.org/showthread.php?t=9933
              Cat: You'd never get a cat to be a servant. You ever see a cat return a stick? 'Hey man. You threw the stick, you go and get it yourself, I'm busy. If you wanted the stick so bad, why'd you throw it away in the first place?'

Comment

Well, sry :P, Didn't read that post ok? :P

Comment

@_@ .. i learned alot today...
                  >^________^<!

Comment

Originally posted by Gemfire
                    Well, sry :P, Didn't read that post ok? :P
                    np m8 just leting u know what happend when i asked thats all :P
                    Cat: You'd never get a cat to be a servant. You ever see a cat return a stick? 'Hey man. You threw the stick, you go and get it yourself, I'm busy. If you wanted the stick so bad, why'd you throw it away in the first place?'

Comment

Working...
                    X