Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mvp

change it back already. ffs.
    Last edited by NaiLed; 03-30-2004, 02:40 PM. Reason: why won't it let me make the title all caps? grrr

No.
    sdg

Comment

yes. it's stupid and flawed.

Comment

No one will want to play spider anymore..

Comment

They just need to tone down the terrier's MVP formula, then everyone will have a good chance at MVP.
          sdg

Comment

also, pred told me that MVP in TWL will be be voted. may as well just change MVP to MPP (Most Popular Player).

Comment

I agree with Nailed....Why the hell would you want to change something that isn't broken? Drastic change=BAD gradual change=ok no change=best :P

edit: Voted MVP will only be like...um...Nockm....even if its his crappiest day ever....hell still be voted MVP because of his popularity....so not such a good idea =p

Comment

mvp was broken before, noone just thought of it because it had always been like that. (in base)

Edit: removed 'been' so it make some sense now
                Last edited by Malladrin; 03-30-2004, 06:06 PM.

Comment

why does every1 want to get mvp so badly ? ok it's very nice to get, i like it myself too, but it is more inportant to think that you played good for urself i think, but still i think it sucks ^_^
                  Code:
                  1:Pred_FNM <ER>> guys, yellow + green is really shitty for forumcolours :p
                  1:lnx> what's wrong with that combination
                  1:lnx> I wear yellow-green clothes :(
                  1:Pred_FNM <ER>> i dont mean in clothes, in forums..
                  1:lnx> kk
                  1:lnx> buy a black-white computer monitor if you don't like the colors foo

Comment

Originally posted by Malladrin
                    mvp was been broken before, noone just thought of it because it had always been like that. (in base)
                    mall is the only smart one.. mvp was a pile of shit before. it might not be perfect now, but it makes it more of a mvp instead of an mvs (most valuable spider).

here comes the arguments: "I saw a shark get it once!" "one time in ?go base, myth got a hundred billion points and he was mvp in terr!"

that's retarded, the forumla might need tweaking, but it's a step in the right direction to give everyone a chance at it.

Also.. the old system encouraged shitty camping spiders and that sucks.
                    Last edited by bloodzombie; 03-30-2004, 04:22 PM.
                    http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

Read post 75 and 77 of the other thread labelled "MVP in a time race game" if you want detailed info on how to improve the current formula and the reason why its not yet done.

Aside from that, Spiders still do get MVP. Only they have to have a very good game. So, no one will play spider because they don't get mvp? What a load of croak. Was no one playing terr because no one got MVP before? No. Was no one playing shark since no one was getting MVP? No. People will still play spider because winning is better than I can't get MVP and spider is still an essential ship. Do !rating <playername> to find out your rating while in the game. Jav + Wb + lanc formulas need to be tweaked so they have a better chance at getting MVP. Terr needs to lowered down. I think the formula for spider is near perfect. The shark formula is fairly good.
                      Jav Guide: Jav Guide

Too bad you have to be a pallie to see it

Comment

I still play ?go base even though I've never gotten mvp.
                        http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

also, pred told me that MVP in TWL will be be voted. may as well just change MVP to MPP (Most Popular Player).
                          yeah, i completely agree. voting for the mvp is way to opinionated. i have always liked the mvp system we had before. that's basically the main source as to how i became known. spiders in go base do not get the recognition that the other ships get. if you see someone terring in go base you know they already got the recognition. same with shark jav and wb. mvp might not really be the best name for the award, but it is a good award nonetheless.
                          Ripper>cant pee with a hard on
                          apt>yes u can wtf
                          apt>you need to clear the pipes after a nice masturbation
                          apt>i just put myself in a wierd position
                          apt>so i dont miss the toilet
                          Ripper>but after u masterbaition it usually goes down
                          apt>na
                          apt>ill show you pictures
                          apt>next time I masturbate

Comment

Like I said before, displaying stats like Most Kills, Most Deaths, etc would be a lot better than some single "MVP"...
                            sdg

Comment

Spastic is going to get destroyed the next TWLB season if this formula is used for MVP in all basing games.

The only reason our spiders kill is that they argue over who's the best and just fight each other to see who can get the most kills and MVP. Our spiders: necromotic, dttr, stayon, jamal, pyroblast, spacedust, etc. only care about individual glory and without this mvp incentive we will have zero spider power. With this formula terrs are valued too much and Pure kills too many in terr to give a spider a chance at MVP. Spastic is doomed with this mvp formula.

Comment

Working...
                              X