Double Squadding Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double Squadding Issue

I was just wondering how squad captains are suppossed to go about weeding out double squadders in their midst because right now it is relatively easy for some of the newer squads and captains to be fooled into allowing double squadders on their roster. Now i know most of the established squads will not recruit someone they dont recognize and trust to be honest, but for those squads that are just starting out, this form of strict player selection is much more difficult and they must rely solely on the word of the player in question. And as we have all seen in the past, tw players arent the most trustworthy lot. Now with the recent events concerning the squad puma being banned from twl/d, i think it is even more important to have a system in place so that every squadcaptain can periodically check his roster for double squadders(and not just the squads who have the luxury of having TW staff on their squad). I understand that twd operators will do an ip check on your roster if requested, but most of the time the twd ops are busy with their own stuff, are not online or may ignore squadcaptains who ask. With the increasing amount of squads playing in TW these days and the harsh penalties doled out to squads who may have DSers, it is only fair to thehonest squadcaptains and the swamped twd ops (like 3 twd ops who try and manage the 100+ squads combined in all 3 leagues) that hopefully something can be done.

suggestions?
    $|_@Q\_/|=

It's being taken care of.
    sage

Comment

In the case of PUMA, they knew full well that they were recruiting people that were already rostered on other squads. They also only got banned because they had so many doublesquadders.

Really, the only unavoidable way you can get your squad banned for doublesquadding is if you have a captain that is DSing. I don't think that a squadowner of a good squad is someone dumb enough to make someone they can't REALLY trust a captain.

You can get wins taken from you if you play a doublesquadder in TWL, but again that is pretty avoidable if you take the right measures.
      sdg

Comment

You can ask a mod to do an alias check.

Comment

You should know your squad good enough. I could personally bet MONEY on that no one from Diso is doublesquadding.
          Originally Posted by HeavenSent
          You won't have to wait another 4 years.
          There wont be another election for president.
          Obama is the Omega President.
          http://wegotstoned.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Da1andonly
            You should know your squad good enough. I could personally bet MONEY on that no one from Diso is doublesquadding.
            actually im doublesquadding for diso as mantra-slider
            TWL-J champ season 5 (Elusive)
            TWL-D champ season 6 (Elusive)
            TWL-D champ season 8 (-FINAL-)
            TWL-D champ season 10 (Syndicate)

Comment

Why do we even have to worry about double squadding in twd or twl??

The big question -- why do some players doublesquad?

answer:

Most players double squad, it all starts with their spirit. If they have a spirit of self-centerness, then they will double squad. Self-center I mean they want to play matches when they want or wana be on multiple friend's squads, me me me me.. all me.. I want I want I want.. to get my own way attitude. They have no respect or long term interest in the dueling, its just a past time for them to get a cheap free frill -- in otherwards how can amateurs be previlidge/luxery to jump straight into a PRO league; they have to prove themselves to others in the league that they not only like to play and have fun but show respect for the league as well. In about 1+ week, an interesting league test result will come in.

I mean whats the point of double-squadding? If your a double squadder, just play wbduel for your cheap frill and just join some pub squad.

Really like I said before this system of twl qualification is flawed.

A 3 league system as what Chaos Zone Premier League uses, is thee best; just would nice if it had TW ship settings. Take the best of both zone leagues and create a superior hybrid.

TWL - PRO
              --
              A league full of players who proved that they can play like a pro both skillfully and with good attitude.

TWL - INTERMEDIATE
              ---
              A leage full of players who proved they play with good attitude, but need touch up on their skills.

TWL - AMATEURS
              ---
              A public league where new players can prove themselves of which direction they want to go. Only the strong of skill and good spirit will evolve beyond this league who get the 2 important factors right.
              As for the wild players, they will just rot in this league until they get their skills and good attitude adjusted to a positive direction.

Of course even in Pro leagues, some players attitudes can change over time and eventually they may attempt to do the lame thing and double squad; but I bet this would be a rare occurance, as compared to quantity of double squadders in an amateur league.

I say let the double squadder amateurs get their way, but quietly make a record or check mark for their double squadding history. Also this checkmark only fades out with long periods of non-double squadding. Any previous checkmark that still exists to their record, will stop them from progression to higher league levels or rebound them back to amateurs.

I think elite (professional) squads are just wasting their time with amateurs and getting un-necessarily frustrated.

Another thing, players should have a league qualification 1 Byte variable added to their player database structure; 0=amateur, 1=intermediate, 2=pro.
              Then just do a comparison at player recruit time to see if they are qualified to play in a particular league. For example, an intermediate level player has no previledge to jump into Pro league. They have to work hard on the squad their on so it can make it into Pro League, then that is a good sign of squad loyality.

So until I see TrenchWar Zone leagues heading towards this direction, I will just laugh at all the people wasting their time complaing about it.

I say goto the root of the problem; rip it out and smash it to oblivion.

Many will reply negatively to what I have to say, go right ahead, and I really could careless who it is.

ps: Disoblige is most definately of Pro squad quality and they proved it over and over. No, I'm not sucking up, they proved it and just stated a fact. Disoblige is both high in the level of skill and attitude; some players say geez amazing how could a squad like that last so long. There is a very logical reason why a squad like that last longs, and what I said above proves my point quite well.

Comment

dude, you have some points there. however, double squading isnt always a personal issue. there are cases that the cap and a really good player are good friends, and the vet wants to help the cap with his squad. however the vet might not want to leave his own squad, so solution: double squad.
                and some other cases where stupid people just do stupid things.
                1 + 1 = 1

Comment

Shit, PL accused me of being ignite the other night. fuck doublesquadders
                  NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Originally posted by stabwound
                    In the case of PUMA, they knew full well that they were recruiting people that were already rostered on other squads. They also only got banned because they had so many doublesquadders.
                    Im not trying to say that puma/ignite was not aware of the fact that his squad had DSers, but there are a growing number of players in tw that go to great lengths to hide their identities (especially the older players who may have several established aliases) and the possibility for a captain to recruit doublesquadders without his/her knowledge is a very real one.

Originally posted by da1andonly
                    that is all well and good for disoblige who have been together since the sands of time, but building those trust relationships between players takes months or even years to create. Double squadding isnt so much an issue with veteran squads because most of those players have associated with each other for such a long time and have constructed those trust relationships, the problem that remains is with the newer squads and new captains that are being taken advantage of by dishonest players, which could potentially lead to them losing their squad.

Originally posted by verthanthi
                    You can ask a mod to do an alias check.
                    Yes that is true, but i would be willing to wager that about 75% or more of the players in TW have no clue who the twd operators even are. Also, twd operators are busy enough and dont need and couldnt handle every captain in twd asking them about the status of every potential new recruit.

I think there needs to be some sort of system put into place to reduce the work/stress we put on our twd op VOLUNTEERS by providing the twd caps a way to be self sufficent in managing their own rosters. And until there is, TW will continue to see squads like PUMA cheating their way through twd.
                    $|_@Q\_/|=

Comment

Perhaps, in order for a playername to be eligible to compete in TWD, the player must register that name with a twdbot. That bot could be programmed (?)to log that players IP and a /!whois playername command could be implemented, where the bot would list all the names registered to that persons IP. This way the captains could check the aliases of his players and then ?squad those names to check for potential double squadders.

dunno if that would work or not, but its a suggestion.
                      $|_@Q\_/|=

Comment

Nametraders.
                        NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Nametraders take up about 3% of the tw population so its really not an issue. The bot registry would also force people to select and stay with one name that they could use solely for playing in twd, and it will cut down on the players who change their rostered name every week(which gets annoying).
                          $|_@Q\_/|=

Comment

Originally posted by Vihta
                            actually im doublesquadding for diso as mantra-slider
                            NOW THAT'S WHY MANTRA HAS BEEN ACTING SO GAY LATELY!
                            6:megaman89> im 3 league veteran back off

Originally posted by Dreamwin
                            3 league vet

Comment

Originally posted by SLaQ n Sauce
                              Perhaps, in order for a playername to be eligible to compete in TWD, the player must register that name with a twdbot. That bot could be programmed (?)to log that players IP and a /!whois playername command could be implemented, where the bot would list all the names registered to that persons IP. This way the captains could check the aliases of his players and then ?squad those names to check for potential double squadders.

dunno if that would work or not, but its a suggestion.
                              Very good idea there Slaq, that way the Captains have a tool to check if they have legit squad members.

However, one thorn (problem) exists and that's players IP privacy. Some game player hacker could create a squad just to suck people in and then gather a database of player ip addresses, then have fun DOS'ing them.

Perhaps the bot could not show their exact Ip address to the captain, but let you know who has duplicate IP addresses. And if there is, it will send a message to a TWD Op to look more closely into this and a message to the captain that these players have multiple accounts on your squad.

I'm not sure exactly at this time, how the TWD player database struct is and what system it uses. But such a command would have to search thru the entire Twd player database to find any duplicates; the search time could be narrow down significantly, if you use a good dbase scheme. I already have an idea how this could be done, since I back around 1990 I was writing a multiuser scifi text game, and I used ROOMS...and each room at a 3D (x,y,z) coord associated with it and for complex functions (like radar mapping) I wanted to create the most efficient method to do this and I looked thru many methods to do this and found the best one... though this was back in 1990 when I first learned C.. one of hell of a project that made me learn C quite well.

In otherwords, it could be done.

Comment

Working...
                              X