bots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bots

hey could bots have same squad like robo ref and robo_ref have so ppl could use same macro for each arena. !status !score ejc. (?go base bots and twd bots)
    www.BasingCrew.com

doesnt sound like a good idea at all.

if you're proposing that people be able to type :#matchbots:!status, i'm pretty sure all MatchBots would disconnect more frequently. Plus the person who sent the command would be spammed by every matchbot currently in use.

Comment

I wouldn't mind having all the bots used in ?go base, wbduel and javduel in one squad, but matchbots don't take commands from outside the arena, right?
      6:megaman89> im 3 league veteran back off

Originally posted by Dreamwin
      3 league vet

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome
        doesnt sound like a good idea at all.

if you're proposing that people be able to type :#matchbots:!status, i'm pretty sure all MatchBots would disconnect more frequently. Plus the person who sent the command would be spammed by every matchbot currently in use.
        ya like miku (phred) says those bots wont take commands from outside of arena. so it would work only in arena where you are right when using the command.
        www.BasingCrew.com

Comment

Dude, at most, every MatchBot has two extra characters in its name, either a two digit number or an Rx. If you only care about sending a command to the bot whilst you're in the arena, why can't you just type those extra two characters?
          jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Disco Jesus
            Dude, at most, every MatchBot has two extra characters in its name, either a two digit number or an Rx. If you only care about sending a command to the bot whilst you're in the arena, why can't you just type those extra two characters?
            im often in different arenas and i always use those commands. if there is like 30-50 ppl in arena its annoying look always for bot. but man would it be too hard make them squads?
            www.BasingCrew.com

Comment

Set :MatchBot:!score as a macro, it works for all matchbots, in all arenas.

PM's don't need the full name to work, it will use the name you give it and look through the arena your in first to see if there is a person/ bot in there that starts with the name, then sends the pm to the one it finds, regardless of the numbers/ letters after that name.
              Last edited by nemiseph; 04-20-2004, 12:33 PM.
              Warpath

Comment

Im confused :X isnt there already a !score and !status command for the TWD bots? Not to mention when u enter the arena the bot pms u so unless ur talking to about 5 ppl in PM u should be able to type :: and find the bot.
                _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

Originally posted by nemiseph
                  Set :MatchBot:!score as a macro, it works for all matchbots, in all arenas.

PM's don't need the full name to work, it will use the name you give it and look through the arena your in first to see if there is a person/ bot in there that starts with the name, then sends the pm to the one it finds, regardless of the numbers/ letters after that name.
                  Yeah I thought that's what everyone did... the only time it messes up is if someone comes in with a fake MatchBot name or the few times when there is more than one MatchBot in ?go base.
                  sdg

Comment

Working...
                  X