No announcement yet.

Challenge System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I already suggested this like one year ago, let's hope some coder has time to implement it. Maybe in somewhat different idea.

The idea was just telling the TWDBot you want a match DD, JD or BD. It should queue your squad to a list of other squads wanting the same matches. The bot will look up at the list and matching the squad who are in range with each other ratingwise and setup the match in an arena.
    This is the ideal suggestion, not sure if it's hard to code.

The other is just implement this on Matchbot, that it has it own squadlist per arena. Though trying to queue up your matches on different matchbots will be not wise, since it might match you up on 2 or more matches at once.

The problem of having your own list of squads you want to play is not a very good idea, imho. The idea I had, will make the start of a new TWD ladder going smoother. Since some topsquads kept whining never getting to play a match. With the idea above it will just setup the match with a squad who wanted to play the same kind of match within close range of each other ratingwise.

Ofcourse what FoN said, the original system should always exists, since there will be always some occasions where two squads just want to play each other.
    Last edited by BLeeN; 06-18-2004, 05:13 AM.
    Light is faster than sound. That is why people look bright, until you hear them.

Comment

Originally posted by BLeeN
      I already suggested this like one year ago, let's hope some coder has time to implement it. Maybe in somewhat different idea.
      I'll implement all the commands i mentioned if i can get a chance to talk to 2d and just find out the specifics about how to make a bot. I've done other minor programming before, and i don't think this would be too complicated once i've got started. I'll see if i'm able and hopefully i can get it done. If not, let's hope a greater programmer than myself can do it and do it well.

Comment

I still think Awesome's idea is the best. No auto matching is needed, just a !list command, and the bot pms you with a list of squads who are searching for a game. After that, it's just to !challenge them in the normal way.
        1: cundor> let's do a disoblige .?go base
        1: Cremation> cundor desperately trying to tell the world hes a diso
        1: cundor> dude
        1: cundor> i already told my parents
        1: Desperate> LOL
        1: Cremation> HAHA
        1: bram> :)
        1: Da1andonly> LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Desperate
          I still think Awesome's idea is the best. No auto matching is needed, just a !list command, and the bot pms you with a list of squads who are searching for a game. After that, it's just to !challenge them in the normal way.
          It'd also be nice to include a !notplaying command for squads. I get about 20 challenges from sign when I'm on at 3am with no other squaddies. It'd be nice to give perish's fingers a rest.

Comment

Aye, that would be a nice feature as well.
            5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
            5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
            5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

Originally posted by wadi
              It'd also be nice to include a !notplaying command for squads. I get about 20 challenges from sign when I'm on at 3am with no other squaddies. It'd be nice to give perish's fingers a rest.
              Originally posted by Fit of Rage
              Aye, that would be a nice feature as well.
              :up:
              1: cundor> let's do a disoblige .?go base
              1: Cremation> cundor desperately trying to tell the world hes a diso
              1: cundor> dude
              1: cundor> i already told my parents
              1: Desperate> LOL
              1: Cremation> HAHA
              1: bram> :)
              1: Da1andonly> LOL

Comment

Just no adding b4 start please ^^
                --------------------------
                ;) AznBabiGurl :p
                --------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by phYst
                  ya i like this idea too..but they should remove the old challenging system..but instead add a feature that only lets u play 5 ranks above u and 5 ranks below u...but not now..since nobody rly trys in twd...start it this way when twd matters again'

I didnt read the rest of the thread so someone mite of said something on this.

Your idea is good to an extent but then u have to remember TWD is for squads like Paladen and NS and stuff who are just there to have fun and play when they want to. It isnt always about the squads tryin for TWL, bc in reality there is only a handful or 2 of squads who actualy have a chance at TWL. Plus squads are different time zones and stuff, if the 5 squads ahead of u were all euro and ur squad was american then ur fuxed. I like the freedom that u can play any squad any time, bc limiting it would mean limiting the amount of games played.
                  _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

I think that idea is cool.
                    NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

I think letting people have unranked games would solve a mountain of problems, I'm not sure why it isn't allowed?
                      Other thing is all the TW leagues need a provisional rating system BAD. Like in chess where you dd,... er, play against 10 rated players and your rating is complied from those games.
                      New squads have 1000 point rating FOR NO REASON. The rating of a new squad should be the average of the first 3 squads they beat. Before that they should be UNrated.
                      Squad are being rewarded for their activity in twd, not skill. Higher activity should have nothing to do with a squad's ranking. Other than that I think TW is okay, every rating system is going to be a little corrupt (college football) and you are always going to have speed bump playoff teams (ava-celtics) but right now squads "better" because they play more which isn't true.

Comment

Well as myth said b4, TWD also rewards activeness of a squad, and i think it should to some extent. I would much rather have a squad who plays 10+ matches a day in TWL then a squad who plays 2 matches a week. There is a ver good chance that squad will have no shows when the time comes. I do tho agree that squads shouldnt be able to get into TWL by beating ez teams and only ez teams. Every squad should have to venture up the ladder once in awhile, and i dont see why most dont (if tryin for twl) Once a squad like shriek gets that far ahead in points, if you lose the match u lose like 3 points...if u'd somehow WIN u'd get like 50. Thats a pretty good risk to take and it owuldnt hurt u much if u lost. Besides it would help u skillwise too.
                        _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

Working...
                        X