X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On The Move

http://twl.trenchwars.org/index.php?...page=onthemove

This on the move page from TWL's website is really a great feature

I'd love to see a page like this on TWD's website but for only squads which are top 15 on the ladder or only TWL squads so in the TWL off-season, we can still check it.

Maybe you could even make it more organized than the one on the TWL page and sort it out by squads so like... the number 1 squad, lets just say -Final-, is at the top, and it has 2 columns... everyone whose joined them in the past week, and all those who've left in the past week.

then have another table for the next best squad, lets say syndicate... same thing, etc etc etc.

if people like the idea, i could do up a template in HTML to more accurately show what i mean

the problem is people will want it for all squads, and then thats alot of MySQL processing

Jard could singlehandedly fuck up the database for years
    NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

I like the idea tho. Even if not as in depth as awe says, but something a little more organized and ez to read.
      _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

lol Jerome, when people say they want it for all squads, TWD staff can simply respond with "this is a feature for only the top 15 squads" or something.

might even make some people strive just a little bit harder to become a twl contender

Comment

"TWD On the Move" Example

Originally posted by Awesome
          if people like the idea, i could do up a template in HTML to more accurately show what i mean
          i decided to take a few mins and throw an example online to show what i mean

If people like it, great... if staff decides to implement this, or something similar... fantastic... if not, 20-30 mins wasted and no big deal

it's a very amateur thing, it's not meant for style or anything... just to get the idea across.... enjoy,

Example :: http://pirates.exquisitehosting.com/twd/
          NOTE: If you do have JavaScript disabled on your web browser, this may not work for you
          Last edited by Awesome; 07-19-2004, 03:07 PM. Reason: Link needed to be edited.

Comment

You could have it as another page on the squads section on the TWD site in addition to the Main, Roster and TWD games pages.
            Warpath

Comment

yeah but thats annoying to have to go around to all your favorite rivals/competitors squad page every single day and check for anyone who may have left

it'd be better to just have all the top squads (TWL squads) on one page... like the way they have on twl.trenchwars.org right now..... but all year round, not just during twl season.

Comment

http://twl.trenchwars.org/index.php?...page=onthemove the number 1 squad, lets just say -Final-, is at the top, and it has 2 columns... everyone whose joined them in the past week, and all those who've left in the past week.
                Or just the five newest members, and the five most recently departed members. Good idea overall though. It's frustrating looking at the On The Move section and having most of the people on the list from Avalonian or Verone.

edit: is the point of your signature that cig smoke incorrectly corrected your intentional misspelling of javelin?
                Last edited by Facetious; 06-29-2004, 02:08 AM.
                5:gen> man
                5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

about the on the move: you want to display only the 5 most recent people to leave a twl squad and the 5 most recent to join a twl squad? i dont think 5 is enough since people change squads frequently. maybe 25-50 is better.

about the sig: yeah i guess so, that and the fact that he was responding to the comment (he knew what i was talking about) but claimed to not listen to the show. i just felt like throwing that quote up there.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerome Scuggs
                    Jard could singlehandedly fuck up the database for years
                    ROFL
                    8:I Hate Cookies> a gota dágua foi quando falei q eu tinha 38 anos e estava apaixonado por uma garota, mas a família dela n deixava agente namorar
                    8:I Hate Cookies> aí quando todo mundo me apoiou falando q o amor supera tudo, falei q a garota tinha 12 anos
                    8:I Hate Cookies> aí todos mudaram repentinamente de opinião falando q eu era um pedófilo
                    8:AnImoL> esses amigos falsos
                    8:SCHOPE NORRIS> o amor supera tudo. da até pra esperar a puberdade
                    8:I Hate Cookies> sim... fiquei desiludido schope...

Comment

<3Awesome

I really like that alot.. :up:
                      It's a great

1:delta> personally, i would not go to war for oil
                      1:FarScape> in age of empires you would
                      1:Freeze> LOL FAR
                      ---
                      5:waven> freeze
                      5:waven> no one talks to ease directly
                      5:waven> you state your business with sanji
                      5:waven> he will relay it to phizey
                      5:waven> phizey will relay it to me
                      5:waven> and i will talk to ease
                      5:Freeze> LOL
                      5:waven> that's how things work around here
                      --
                      1:renzi> freeze theres difference between being wasted and being a waste

Comment

about the on the move: you want to display only the 5 most recent people to leave a twl squad and the 5 most recent to join a twl squad? i dont think 5 is enough since people change squads frequently. maybe 25-50 is better.
                        You suggested "people that joined in the last week"... if more than five people join/leave a squad in one week, that squad is probably unstable to the point that nobody would care about it.
                        5:gen> man
                        5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

oh i thought you were speaking in general about all of the twl squads... only showing the 5 most recent people to join any twl squad and 5 most recent to leave them.

i see what you're talking about and that's basically the idea i showed in the example i think

Comment

Like I said in the other thread, good Idea. But you gotta make sure not every squad is included, maybe the twl playoff squads and top 5 squads of twd (excluding those playoff squads)
                            Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

lol Jerome, when people say they want it for all squads, TWD staff can simply respond with "this is a feature for only the top 15 squads" or something.

might even make some people strive just a little bit harder to become a twl contender
                              Getting into twl makes a squad good?

Avalonian, Verone, British Squad...

Comment

Working...
                              X