• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cundor
    Blue team is the enemy, right?
    I always wanted to be on the blue team
    7:Randedl> afk, putting on makeup
    1:Rough> is radiation an element?
    8:Rasta> i see fro as bein one of those guys on campus singing to girls tryin to get in their pants $ ez
    Broly> your voice is like a instant orgasm froe
    Piston> I own in belim
    6: P H> i fucked a dude in the ass once

Comment

great advice lunch, thanks!
      top 100 basers list

Comment

Reading this guide about spider tactics won't make you a better spider.

Practicing in a team environment in TWBDs will.
        5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
        5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
        5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

Agreed. Every person develops there own style of play for spider. Some like to "camp/be safe" like Spybreak. Others like to be super aggressive and non-stop pushing like Cape or some of the duelers. I think the best way to get better is to play and practice teh ship. Learn how much energy each shot is, how much it hurts and so on. But do it with ur own style and way of playing.
          _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

thx for taking the time write it out lunch, very helpfull

Comment

RE: Fit and Cig- I don't really agree. I think strategy posts like this one definitely have their place, and can give someone general suggestions for how to adapt their game in a practical setting like TWBD.

RE: Lunch- Good post.
              Originally posted by Ward
              OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

good read
                1: cundor> let's do a disoblige .?go base
                1: Cremation> cundor desperately trying to tell the world hes a diso
                1: cundor> dude
                1: cundor> i already told my parents
                1: Desperate> LOL
                1: Cremation> HAHA
                1: bram> :)
                1: Da1andonly> LOL

Comment

steps:
                  1. hold down the left ctrl-key
                  2. keep hitting the funny keys with arrows on them
                  3. bash the keyboard <insert whine here>
                  4. put a heavy object on -> key and ctrl if you wanna take a cigarette break
                  5. <insert more whining and badmouthing here>
                  6. start a dull conversation about the comparison of ships in tw
                  7. spend the rest of the day on tw forums
                  Originally posted by Diakka
                  Lets stop being lil bitches

Comment

Originally posted by Eeks
                    steps:
                    1. hold down the left ctrl-key
                    2. keep hitting the funny keys with arrows on them
                    3. bash the keyboard <insert whine here>
                    4. put a heavy object on -> key and ctrl if you wanna take a cigarette break
                    5. <insert more whining and badmouthing here>
                    6. start a dull conversation about the comparison of ships in tw
                    7. spend the rest of the day on tw forums
                    And eeks emerges from the abyss
                    7:Randedl> afk, putting on makeup
                    1:Rough> is radiation an element?
                    8:Rasta> i see fro as bein one of those guys on campus singing to girls tryin to get in their pants $ ez
                    Broly> your voice is like a instant orgasm froe
                    Piston> I own in belim
                    6: P H> i fucked a dude in the ass once

Comment

Originally posted by Vykromond
                      RE: Fit and Cig- I don't really agree. I think strategy posts like this one definitely have their place, and can give someone general suggestions for how to adapt their game in a practical setting like TWBD.
                      Maybe I'm just biased (probably the case, since it doesn't do me much good) but it might help some newer ?go base players that are just starting to learn this ship and don't know all the ins and outs yet. I guess I missed the target audience here.
                      5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
                      5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
                      5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

Ya same here. I aint the best spider ever, nor will i be bc i dont play base all day long, but i dont think it helped my game at all. Like Fit said, maybe someone new to the game, or just getting into basing it mite help a little to get them pointed in the general direction, but this post alone wont make u a great spider. Besides i think most of the ppl who read thes forums are ppl who are usualy pointed in the right direction anyway.
                        _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

Mostly I wrote this post in saying how I play in a spider, the goals in strategy involved in my play. I think of myself as a very aggressive spider, and I think almost any team benefits from one very aggressive spiders. But if all spiders play aggressive then the team is at a disadvantage. I'm glad that some players are benefitting from this thread though.

But I would also like to see other skilled spiders to write how they play also to help anyone trying to get better in the game instead of just saying 'oh im leet, no help here :P'. Of course reading alone doesn't help, but it can give you a huge headstart in learning what is effective in basing and a headstart in what things to try or experiment with. Fit is a good spider too but his style is camping but iniatiating attacks in mid, while I notice he plays more aggressive in fr, but that is just from my limited observations. Varied styles are needed on all teams spider-wise.

IMO there should be one very aggressive spider, two semi aggressive spiders, one semi camping spider, and one pure camping spider. In basing you always need to have 'push' power...meaning spiders and sharks that advance towards enemy. But you need camping spiders to protect the flanks of the aggressive spiders, and also to delay enemy advance if they counter-attack. Also it is very important that not every spider dies at same time, if you find urself to be among only one or two friendly spiders, your job is to survive/delay/decoy enemy from your terr.

For front battles, imo, there should be one spider who is ultra aggressive and acts as decoy. Two other spiders should push from behind, and attacking enemy's exposed flanks. The semi-camper sprays bullets from behind and tries to snipe. The ultra camper mostly just sprays, and camps in case all 4 other spiders die. ALSO, one spider should ALWAYS cover under, or advance from under flag....depending on situation and what is doable.

In mid almost all spiders should play semi-aggressively and clean up mid. Sharks should mostly go towards cram, and try to keep the rest of the enemy in cram, so that ur friendlies can finish cleaning mid safely, but one spider should help sharks to contain enemy within cram.

In tunnel/lower, 2-3 spiders should be semi campers, one camper, and 1-2 semi-aggressive spiders. Sharks should mine tunnel, retreat, then save energy and reps to mine again when enemy reps mines.

But in the end, it is practice and experience that helps the most, those 2 things allow you to react instantly and fight with precision inversely respectively....errr practice=skill and experience=better/faster reaction on what to do, ie how aggressive or defensive you should play while you ider where you should place youself in battle zone.
                          Last edited by lunch3; 08-31-2004, 12:47 AM.
                          -L3

Comment

PS I see more campers in base/twbd more then there should be. Just my opinion, but something like 40% of all spiders should play as campers, but I see instead something like 75% camping. Also someone said earlier that the best spider is one that can adapt, I totally agree with that, to play the best for your team (and at same time stabilizing the good offensive/defensive flow of your team means better recs/kills in the long-run of the game) you should adapt yourself according to the battle situation. ie if ur team is being raped, play more defensive...conserve more and plan attacks. or ie if your team is owning play more aggressively to continue to confuse/disarray your enemy.
                            -L3

Comment

Originally posted by Fit of Rage
                              Reading this guide about spider tactics won't make you a better spider.

Practicing in a team environment in TWBDs will.

It helped me a lot on getting better. As said that would come with experience, but helped lots, Thanks. I saw this the same way as a jav guide would help lots of ppl talking about ppl playstyles and stuff. Usually ppl take screenshots and mark places to shot, but none of this will help if you dont understand the game. Thats what lunch talks about on this thread. The way he see the game.
                              8:I Hate Cookies> a gota dágua foi quando falei q eu tinha 38 anos e estava apaixonado por uma garota, mas a família dela n deixava agente namorar
                              8:I Hate Cookies> aí quando todo mundo me apoiou falando q o amor supera tudo, falei q a garota tinha 12 anos
                              8:I Hate Cookies> aí todos mudaram repentinamente de opinião falando q eu era um pedófilo
                              8:AnImoL> esses amigos falsos
                              8:SCHOPE NORRIS> o amor supera tudo. da até pra esperar a puberdade
                              8:I Hate Cookies> sim... fiquei desiludido schope...

Comment

This would prob be helpful to ppl who want to learn Lunch's specific style of spidering. And a bunch of spids do play the way Lunch does. So just remember this is only one style ... it may help some ppl and it may turn other ppl off. Main thing is to play a lot in order to get better.

Comment

Working...
                                X