Is it time to get rid of borrows?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it time to get rid of borrows?

Are you tired of 1 man squads borrowing 4 people to play a game of 5v5 removing the point of a squad based game?

Are you tired of allowing people to borrow elite players that ruin your game a.k.a stacking?

Do you want TWD games to feel more meaningful again like the old days?

Do you want TWD games to be more squad oriented?

Now is your time to vote to have borrows either removed or reduced (to something like 1 borrow which prevents teams from 3v3 and allows squads with 4 on to do 5v5).

I want borrows removed to make TWD games more squad based.
    16.00%
    I want borrows reduced to 1.
    4.00%
    I don't want borrows removed or reduced.
    80.00%
    Last edited by Grasps; 11-17-2020, 11:30 PM.

I find being squadless and using borrow is the most effective way to get games. For EU there are zero games on weeknights so being able to get games on weekends is all that matters. I also think the population can't support squads anyway so the zone would die without borrows. Easy enough to try it for a week and find out if enough people agree with you.

Comment

Originally posted by Rab View Post
      I find being squadless and using borrow is the most effective way to get games. For EU there are zero games on weeknights so being able to get games on weekends is all that matters. I also think the population can't support squads anyway so the zone would die without borrows. Easy enough to try it for a week and find out if enough people agree with you.
      I agree with your concerns but on the other hand, I think if we ever want to make TWD games meaningful it can't happen without reducing or outright removing borrows. There are plenty of other arena's to play in if you just want to shoot other people. ?go wbduel, ?go javduel, ?go elim, ect.

In my opinion TWD games should be like the cream of the crop in terms of competing with others. I think casual games like playing with borrows or 3's should be in the arena's I listed and not in TWD.

Anyways, thanks for your feedback Rab!
      Last edited by Grasps; 11-17-2020, 11:30 PM.

Comment

rab is mentally retarded to understand that they have javduel arena and wbduel arena for squadless people.

Low IQ tpz always gets slammed in base and thus his opinion doesn't matter.

ixador is mentally retarded for even deciding to post this or putting the effort, next time this kid asks for a borrow i wont and slam his scrub synth fucks.
        https://twd.trenchwars.org/showgame/90112596

Retired after i dropped 24 kills and carry the team

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

Beam breath smells like ass
          https://twd.trenchwars.org/showgame/90112596

Retired after i dropped 24 kills and carry the team

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

I'd like to see changes to (or removal of) borrows implemented for the TWL qualification period. 8.5.2
            zidane> big play
            Omega Red> dwop sick
            mr mime> its called an orca smash u uncultured fk
            WillBy> ^^

1:Chief Utsav> LOL
            1:Rule> we dont do that here.

cripple> can u get pregnant if u cum in gf's ass

Comment

Originally posted by 2pac View Post
              rab is mentally retarded to understand that they have javduel arena and wbduel arena for squadless people.

Low IQ tpz always gets slammed in base and thus his opinion doesn't matter.

ixador is mentally retarded for even deciding to post this or putting the effort, next time this kid asks for a borrow i wont and slam his scrub synth fucks.
              Thanks for your interest in this poll!

Comment

Originally posted by Dwopple View Post
                I'd like to see changes to (or removal of) borrows implemented for the TWL qualification period. 8.5.2
                I definitely agree! I didn't even bring this up but should of. We could do something like TWD - Offseason borrows are allowed (to promote games since they're meaningless)

Then during TWD - Seasons (which is going right now for another 12-13 days need to check) Borrows become restricted. Not going to speak on Qan's behalf but am sure he can do it at the same time he stops/starts TWD - Seasons & TWD TWL Pre-Season's (for prerequisites) no promises though. I may actually just re-do another poll that proposes we do just that.

I don't care if people borrow others when there's no stakes on the line but when there is, I personally want it to be squad oriented. Others may disagree just what I think of course. Is that something you think yourself and others might get behind?

Comment

I would like to vote for 2 borrows max for dueling games, with a minimum of 2 players on squad. TWD should be the bridge between pub and DT, then DT the bridge between TWD and TWL. TWD should still feel somewhat relaxed.
                  Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

rylo> 1.5 mil for whoever kills renzi
                  (10 seconds later)
                  rEnZi is out. 17 kills 10 deaths. 2 players remain.
                  P TW-Pub> rylo sent you $1,500,000, you now have $4,047,199.

If you're going to do a thing you should to it to the best of your ability or don't do it at all.

Comment

If the wb/javduel and base maps matched TWD in map and rules I could see a reason to say no borrows. But as someone who relies on getting borrowed to get any basing time in because ?go base isn't a thing, I can't support you.

(Plus it'd be a stretch to get people to actively use ?go base again.)
                    Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
                    Message has been sent to online moderators
                    2:BLeeN> veh yes
                    (Overstrand)>no
                    2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
                    2:BLeeN> ok then no
                    :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
                    (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

I am actually going to remake this poll and have it slightly different in wording and votes. For one, I didn't mean to remove borrows for basing games, this was for TWDD/TWJD. Initially was going to just leave TWBD alone.

However, I do think for basing, we could discuss reducing the amounts you can borrow down from 7 to something like say 3 or 4.

3 would make it so squads would need at LEAST 2 members online to play making it more a team based match--something I think we need to push TWD back towards since it's mainly viewed as ?go base 2.0 or wbduel 2.0.

These polls have been IMMENSELY useful and I am very happy with how they turned out and the feedback that was given on both sides. Thanks to all for your inputs and votes!

Comment

if u remove borrows u kill the game.

amazing that u have a 20 year sample size of twd to look down upon and u think removing borrows is going to help in 2020.
                        rly sad
                        1:Jerome> ON THE THIRD DAY GOD CREATED THE REMINGTON BOLT ACTION .33, AND SAW THAT IT WAS GOOD, AND ON THE FOURTH DAY HE USED IT TO KILL DINOSAURS AND HOMOSEXUALS

Juice

Comment

Working...
                        X