No announcement yet.

Is it time to remove 3 verse 3 in TWD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it time to remove 3 verse 3 in TWD?

Are you tired of playing games of 3v3 or just avoid them altogether?

Do you think it makes TWD games look and feel sloppy?

Are you sick of 1 man squads borrowing 2 players to play a TWD game of 3v3 when they should just go to another arena and leave TWD alone?

Would you rather see players go to ?go Duel2 or ?go Elim rather than watch TWD be soiled with 3v3?

Now is your time to vote! If you are tired of 3's in TWD matches feeling they don't belong and want TWD matches restored back to their formal glory of a minimum of 4 verse 4 here's your
    chance!

Yes, I'd like TWD matches restored back to the way it was with a minimum of 4 players to compete.
    47.37%
    No, I'd like to keep the match settings as they are and allow 3 verse 3.
    52.63%
    Last edited by Grasps; 11-17-2020, 11:28 PM.

I don't like 3v3 when there are people in spec who could be borrowed to make 5v5. I think people should be free to play 3v3 if they want though.

Comment

Originally posted by Rab View Post
      I don't like 3v3 when there are people in spec who could be borrowed to make 5v5. I think people should be free to play 3v3 if they want though.
      Well let's say people want 4's again yet disagree on removing borrowing (in the other poll up) This would force players to choose people from spectate I believe. To be honest I haven't had this issue much, at least in TWDD.

I mean I personally don't understand the point of 3 verse 3s matches for TWD. Wbduel, Javduel, makes sense but not so much for TWD. Just feel people should go to one of those arena's instead.

As I said in the other poll, there's lots of arena's to pick from if people just want to screw off and shoot people. In my opinion, I think if we want to make TWD great again reinstating 4's along with removing borrows would be key to that process.
      Last edited by Grasps; 11-16-2020, 05:12 PM.

Comment

ixador is mentally retarded
        https://twd.trenchwars.org/showgame/90112596

Retired after i dropped 24 kills and carry the team

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

Originally posted by 2pac View Post
          ixador is mentally retarded
          Thanks for your interest in this poll!
          Last edited by Grasps; 11-18-2020, 02:42 PM.

Comment

We should definitely keep 3v3 in the game itself imo but one thing we could maybe consider is having smaller and larger arena sizes like elim for example. Depending on the amount of players in the game the walls can either remain shut or open as we add 4s or 5s
            1:Riverside> you guys eat schmores in america?

Comment

Originally posted by RaCka View Post
              We should definitely keep 3v3 in the game itself imo but one thing we could maybe consider is having smaller and larger arena sizes like elim for example. Depending on the amount of players in the game the walls can either remain shut or open as we add 4s or 5s
              Good idea but I must disagree with the small and large arena's being overlaid. That causes a huge issue for me when I am trying to radar someone in the larger arena and the outline of the small arena blocks their dot on the radar. Nullifies my shots. People do it sometime in elim on purpose and it is somewhat disrupting, especially with transparent radar.

Maybe a better idea would be to utilize the unused dueling arena's instead for 3v3 play? something like TWDD 1 is normal, 4 or 5's. TWDD 2 same, normal. Then TWDD3 (fitting) is for 3v3? And in DD3 we can have a small map? Only issue is obviously if people decide they want to do 4's, they'd need to change arenas or they could add 4's/5's but the map will remain small. but damn.. I'd rather that than the overlays of the small and large arena like we have in elim. Not a fan of that lol

Comment

Can we rename the topic of this poll to what it actually is? "Do you want to exclude all euro players in TWD?" and "Do you want even less time to enjoy games?"

There's an option to challenge for 4v4 and 5v5, use it. (!challenge <squad>:<players> - request a game of TWDD against <squad> with <players> number of players)

Comment

Originally posted by BIET View Post
                  Can we rename the topic of this poll to what it actually is? "Do you want to exclude all euro players in TWD?" and "Do you want even less time to enjoy games?"

There's an option to challenge for 4v4 and 5v5, use it. (!challenge <squad>:<players> - request a game of TWDD against <squad> with <players> number of players)
                  I'd love to see Euro's (other than Riverside) in TWDD/TWJD Biet. I don't see them really at all or as much. Seems they prefer Base more often than not and I am not proposing we limit borrows or increase the amount of players needed to play games there.

I didn't expect the polls I made to go through, in fact I made them knowing they wouldn't. I am just trying to collect as much feedback on these issues as possible and I have. There's been LOTS of great feedback, just like yours.

This is the whole point. Before we can rebuild TWD, we need to get feedback from people. We need to know what they like. What they don't like. What can be improved. Polls like this are the only way of collecting such data. I didn't make them to trigger people, I made them simply to gather information. I left my feedback as well. I mean what's the point of even having 3v3 if it's not fun? It just makes Trench Wars look and feel bad. I truly believe 3v3 in a TWDD matches plays and feels sloppy and I want to fix that feeling when you're doing them either by removal or tweaking it so it doesn't feel that way.

RaCka brought up a great idea, that we make a small arena for 3's which would help out a lot. Maybe we could do some fun stuff in that arena--something like fighter duel's. We can cross that bridge later.

But yea.. A big reason active warbirds dislike 3v3 is the map size and trying to find your teammates when you respawn. It's too big. Because of that, the pacing is slow. It's awkward and more importantly just not very fun. I want TWD to not only mean something but to be fun. I feel currently we can improve on both of those fronts which is why I've been making these polls and getting idea from you guys on ways to help.

As far as excluding people from playing, that's simply not the case. I want everyone to be able as soon as they log in, if they want to play a ranked match can do so and when they play, feel like their efforts are meaningful. It's so much fun when you know there's something at stake even if it's just some points for your squad. Your heart beat flutters and your eye's hone in, you begin pounding away at your poor keyboard. I want that.

As it stands, TWD is lackluster and people view it as the same as wbduel or javduel. Worse yet, those are great arenas and they get ignored. We have a site just for those arenas that track stats and a lot of people don't even know about it. I'd love TWD to just be for ranked, competitive play and make other arenas more oriented towards casual stuff. I mean qan, even you! put a lot of work into those arenas and theyre not being populated. Don't want those efforts to get wasted.

I just hope in time that people can see everything full circle with what I've been cooking up to try to garner more interest in TWD, regaining it's identity and ideally increasing the fun factor! That's my goal at least.

Comment

ixador your the worst player in this zone, don't bother replying anymore honest to god.
                    https://twd.trenchwars.org/showgame/90112596

Retired after i dropped 24 kills and carry the team

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

Voted to keep 3v3's allowed. However maybe we should change the amount of borrows. You should probably have to have at least ONE teamate I mean what's the point of having a ladder if you just borrow your way to the top.
                      Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

rylo> 1.5 mil for whoever kills renzi
                      (10 seconds later)
                      rEnZi is out. 17 kills 10 deaths. 2 players remain.
                      P TW-Pub> rylo sent you $1,500,000, you now have $4,047,199.

If you're going to do a thing you should to it to the best of your ability or don't do it at all.

Comment

Working...
                      X