TWD site updates?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWD site updates?

First of all, I like to mention that I think the TWD site layout is the best of all trenchwars sites. I looks very professional and is in my opinion extremely userfriendly.

From a different angle, I think the site could use a little more professional content, as feel the current version is very basic (nothing missing though) in that field. I don't think the current userfriendlyness should be hampered if changes do take place.

My suggestions are as follows:

- Update rules and matchbot commands (8 assistant limit, additional commands) They are currently still in the news section, but chances they will "drop off", without anyone changing the official guides seem pretty big.

- Implement an "on #squadsmembers = 0 -> auto-squaddissolve" or the squadlist keeps getting messy

- Implement a search option for the TWD player database players and link the results directly to the player info. Just to find out what squad a guy plays for nowadays. (Yes I know Edome has a similar option that is connected to the Central Player Database, but I still feel adding this option would be an improvement to the site.)

- Add a "database sorter" to sort all players at TWDD/TWJD kills, losses, ratio. Overall TWD games played, time played, sort kills, losses, ratio per squad etc. (Pretty much similar to Edome again)

I'm a web programming newbie, so I don't know how many man-hours go into working out the last two suggestions. But the first two should be easily doable and could classify as a standard update job.

I hope this will bring TWD to a higher level

Comments or other suggestions?

- Pix
    Put your nose up and shake your rear, spread your wings out, have no fear

Originally posted by Pixelsong
    First of all, I like to mention that I think the TWD site layout is the best of all trenchwars sites. I looks very professional and is in my opinion extremely userfriendly.

From a different angle, I think the site could use a little more professional content, as feel the current version is very basic (nothing missing though) in that field. I don't think the current userfriendlyness should be hampered if changes do take place.

My suggestions are as follows:

- Update rules and matchbot commands (8 assistant limit, additional commands) They are currently still in the news section, but chances they will "drop off", without anyone changing the official guides seem pretty big.

- Implement an "on #squadsmembers = 0 -> auto-squaddissolve" or the squadlist keeps getting messy

- Implement a search option for the TWD player database players and link the results directly to the player info. Just to find out what squad a guy plays for nowadays. (Yes I know Edome has a similar option that is connected to the Central Player Database, but I still feel adding this option would be an improvement to the site.)

- Add a "database sorter" to sort all players at TWDD/TWJD kills, losses, ratio. Overall TWD games played, time played, sort kills, losses, ratio per squad etc. (Pretty much similar to Edome again)

I'm a web programming newbie, so I don't know how many man-hours go into working out the last two suggestions. But the first two should be easily doable and could classify as a standard update job.

I hope this will bring TWD to a higher level

Comments or other suggestions?

- Pix

-the site is pro enough for me.

-squads will get auto removed when they dont play a twd game. (dont know the right time but i think it was 3 weeks)

-"database sorter" if they change the twlm so it can count twd & twl together. now with some luck u see the twd kills & deaths from that player.
    Last edited by Due; 10-26-2004, 02:54 PM.
    Originally posted by Kolar
    My reaction:

;1;Holy Shit
    ;1;Al Qaeda took care of method for us

Comment

That'd be cool if the TWLM player search was available on the TWD/TWL sites. After the team main/roster/TWD stats, the player search is what I use most.

Also, I like how all the sites are linked at the top of the TWL site. TWD/TWL/TWLM should all have cross-links like that. Just to make surfing extra super speedy.

I think all 3 sites look good and are very useful.

Comment

I think they should remove all the inactive squads who have like 2 ppl on there roster from the dropdown box, not just from the ranking list. Sux when ur scrollign down to look for a squad and ther are 20 squads u never heard of b4.
        _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

Originally posted by Cig Smoke
          I think they should remove all the inactive squads who have like 2 ppl on there roster from the dropdown box, not just from the ranking list. Sux when ur scrollign down to look for a squad and ther are 20 squads u never heard of b4.
          Yeah I meant that dropdown box to be updated when there are no players in a squad anymore, not the ranking ladder. I know it already gets removed from the ladder frequently and last I heared the dropdown box only gets updated when the TWD ops feel like doing it (like never )
          Put your nose up and shake your rear, spread your wings out, have no fear

Comment

Ya i knew what u meant, but others never look @ the realistic answer, they always try to see something far away and come up w/ a stupid reply much like this one!
            _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

-Being able to be logged in all the time, so that it would be quicker to access the roster of my own squad.

Then the utopic visions:
              A total integration of all trench wars webpages, based on this one. Now every league/thingy has it's own layout and stuff and it gets confusing. Think of the number of pages there are, and they all look totally different!

Trenchwars.org
              TWL
              TWD
              TWT
              TWEL
              TWSBL
              TWLM
              TWRC
              TWBeta
              TWGallery
              Last edited by Rab; 06-10-2018, 01:18 PM.
              5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
              5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
              5: Da1andonly> =((
              5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
              5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
              5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

i agree with Pixelsong

i also SORT OF agree with Jeansi about TW having too many sites, but i dont think all of them should be combined into one.

maybe just incorporating the twl site into the twd site. basically i just want that because i want an "on the move" section on the twd page for the squads that are in like the top 20 on the ladder or something.

Comment

Yeah, I like all of Pixelsong's ideas. Should be also possible to have a little box on the bottom left of the TWD-sites to be able to search for squadnames, not only for usernames, so you can access the squad-rosters easier and faster.
                  The statistics would really be interesting... and, make the squad-history of the users more lucid, like on the TWL-site with the tables or something.

I would also like to see a list of ex-members for every squad, but I guess this is too hard to do.
                  YOU ARE THE 1,000,000,000TH VISITOR IN MY SIG!
                  Click here to receive your price!

Comment

Originally posted by Pixelsong

- Update rules and matchbot commands (8 assistant limit, additional commands) They are currently still in the news section, but chances they will "g newbie, so I don't know how many man-hours go into working out the last two suggestions. But the first two should be easily doable and could classify as a standard update
                    yeah, hi, I was already working on those for some time now. They've been sent to TWD mods and will soon hopefully be put up.
                    audit> and btw, im your fan!

DeeZ NuTs> time to own
                    DeeZ NuTs> got my fedex hat on
                    Azreal> LOloL
                    cook> ROFL

R.I.P VENOM

Comment

I agree that it would be cool to have searchable stats like the TWL site had. It would be interesting and there is really no good reason not to have the stats listed.
                      sdg

Comment

Working...
                      X