Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a new request for twd bots

Trench warriors,
    As I was looking for a squad to duel tonight it came to my attention that having the bot handle availability of squads wanting a bd, jd, or dd would make the whole process a lot easier. Now I know this topic has been discussed in the past, but I would like to see it actually happen. I know it would be a big job for the developers to undertake but I think it would be worth it for the betterment of the game. This is how I would see it: I want to have my squad put on the list for a base duel of 6 players, so I personal messages the bot with !addsquad:6 and the squad is added to the “wish to play list”. Another squad that wants to duel comes to twbd and personal messages the bot with !squads and the bot replies with “No Surrender:6”. This would make finding a duel much easier for captains and assistants and speed the process up as well. If my squad no longer had enough players or no longer wanted to duel I could message the bot with !removesquad and our squad would be removed from the list. I know a lot of players are lazy and would not remove their squad from the bots list if they no longer had enough people for a duel or if they just all decided to leave so I have covered that: the bot removes the squads after they have been on the list for 10 minutes and the squad can add themselves back on if they still wish to duel. ~Peace_Maker~

I like the cut of your jib.

Comment

yah yah.. same thing every year :P
      audit> and btw, im your fan!

DeeZ NuTs> time to own
      DeeZ NuTs> got my fedex hat on
      Azreal> LOloL
      cook> ROFL

R.I.P VENOM

Comment

yeah, myself and others have mentioned this a lot.

another idea, sorta a spinoff of this idea, is to make it so you can ?go twdd and if no game is being played, do something like this:

for example:
        Awesome> !challengezone
        MatchBot1> *zone Pirates are looking for a TWDD match in ?go twdd -Awesome

at this point people would only be able to challenge us (and do it normally) with this bot until a limit of like 3 mins is up or something

notice no sound is attached because that would make it get annoying quick (it might get annoying quickly anyways but the lack of a %2 would slow the process).

dont they have something similar for ?go duel and ?go 4v4prac1 etc in chaos? i just think it'd make it speed up the process for everyone and would require a relatively low amount of bot modifying.

just brainstorming.
        Last edited by Awesome; 11-01-2004, 07:43 AM.

Comment

I like the idea, possibly add an !Illplayanything option aswell, so you won't have to signup at three bots if you want to play in any division.

A zone message, as Awesome suggested, would be annoying, since the majority of the population isn't interested in receiving these messages. Spamming a TWD chat instead would sound more doable.
          Put your nose up and shake your rear, spread your wings out, have no fear

Comment

yeah i figured it could be but if you leave the sound out, as i outlined, it would be just like another msg in pub chat, except green.

it would be similar to a TWL zoner msg

Comment

I think awesomes idea rocks.
              2:Entertainer> Supreme Auth> we should all be like: Morh> EIN REICH EIN VOLK EIN FUHRER and then jones and logain would be "SIEG HEIL o/"

Comment

Zone messages would be a bit overkill, while just messaging it on the twd chat usually won't work since people usually ask for matches there first. One could implement something into the PubBots/MatchBots so that it wouldn't necessarily have to be a totally zone-wide message.

EDIT: Zone messages would be overkill because there are quite a few squads that look for dd's that still don't play eachother because of skill difference and stuff like that. That'd result in 2 zoners already, which is quite a lot to be done within 2 minutes.
                6:megaman89> im 3 league veteran back off

Originally posted by Dreamwin
                3 league vet

Comment

I've also posted about this idea a while after twdd was out, i had a lot of idea's about it and work arounds for bugs and such, but i hadn't had any responses, but since it's brought up again maybe i can help by posting a reply and getting more attention to this.

There is a few problems that would need to be worked out, for example, most the time when a squad wants to duel, and the assistants go to get a game, if it takes 15 minutes to get a game, some squaddies might have logged off and suddenly they don't have enough. So there has to be a way to limit how long you can be on that "list" of active squads wanting to duel, because it would be silly to be on there for more then a few hours at a time without causing problems.

You know how wbduel has that option to put !notplaying on? i don't know how much lag it would cause, but maybe each player who wants to twdd, twbd, etc. can pm the bot saying !playing or whatever, then they get added to a list of active players on that squad that could play. Now if the bot racks up 4 or more players who have entered that command, and one of them is an assist, then the bot would turn there squad on in the currently wanting twdd mach "list". This would be great, as long as the bot would know, when a player has logged off, and people use it properly and don't just type !playing twdd, or whatever and then not show up by going afk. But i see this could work more so then other idea's ive thought of in the past, and how much lag could it really cause?

If there is no way to keep track of who is not afk, who wants to play each league, who doesn't. then this couldn't ever work properly, but if a player wants to play and has the option to log in to the bot as actively wanting to play, then it is possible this could work nicely.

If anyone is serouse about this, i would be more then happy to think up idea's around bugs, or any problems that occur if this tries to get implemented. Because i know that a lot of idea's are talked about often, but those people with the suggestions don't always want to offer help in actually implementing this.

If anyone has a simpler way to get this to work post it, and if i think of anything i'll do the same. It is deffinitly something that could be done.

I liked the idea of the twdd chat, but people don't take advantage of it.

Comment

Well while we're at it, I have another suggestion for the twdbots/TWLbots:
                    in dd/jd, you could log the time when a player has reached the amount of deaths in order to get specced (basically tells you when a player got removed from the game)
                    it will be another stat just like kills deaths and lagouts.
                    Why I think this is good, is it basically tells you the course of events in the game report, IE who was the first and last player out, who got owned cuz he was 1 vs 4 etc..
                    what do ya think?

Comment

I think the original idea is cool (add your squad to a list that is looking for a game). Maybe take part of the idea from Awesome and make a TWDBot of some kind that sit on the ?chat=TWD and announce challenges, like on the alert chats. It would be cool if the bot would just automatically assign an empty arena.

2:TWDAlert> Spastic is available for an 8vs8 game of TWBD.

There would have to be checks in place to keep people from spamming. Maybe limit it to 1 message per minute or something like that. Maybe you could make it so that assistants/caps could put their own challenge timeout, like !available twbd:8:5 would put your squad up for a TWBD game of 8 players and the challenge is good for 5 minutes.
                      sdg

Comment

Working...
                      X