Two suggestions for TWDDs/JDs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two suggestions for TWDDs/JDs

Hello, a few of you know me as Mit and the rest probably don't know me because I change nicknames and hop squad a lot. Somehow I always end up back opening a tryout arena for a new squad and I have always come across the same type of problems when these new squads start to play TWD matches.
    Problem #1: we rarely ever get enough people on. Four players is too much to ask for new squads and even for not so new squads. I think the minimum number of players to play DDs/JDs should be three.
    Problem #2: new players usually tend not to care about enough about matches to put other stuff aside or simply don't have time to play 2/3 rounds and usually end up crippling the lineup. What I suggest is an option that lets you choose how many rounds you want to play.

Keyword: think. This is my opinion. Please discuss about it
    -pillow

sorry but you might as well not even play at all if those problems occur.. just get more members so you can fill up spaces and possible timeholes.
    .: ExquisiteHosting.com
    .: Website, Reseller & A. Hosting

Roxy :
    zzz

Comment

Agreed, us houldnt change the 3 round thing. And for 3 players tahts cool with me i suppose, but i'd rather keep it 4/5's.

btw HI SESSY THE SALAMANDER!
      _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

3's is dumb, someone will the argue for 2, and 1 -- and now it's not a team game anymore.

Dueling and Javing is to be done with 5 people. We're letting you go with only 4. No less.
        The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
        All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

I don't see what's wrong with wanting to play only one round. People who are inactive sometimes get on to play a match and they are stuck for at least 30 minutes. Is one round too short? I agree, but this is TWD, casual/fun squad matches for everyone. And if one round is too short, then why not bitch about it in the TWL forums? (if you already have then my apologies)

HIIIII CIGGY BEAR!!!!! :P
          -pillow

Comment

There could be a !friendlygame one round option but actually screw it go wbduel afk
            G[y]Ro> omfg
            G[y]Ro> u nerds
            G[y]Ro> NERDS
            G[y]Ro> ALL OF U

Comment

Getting four people in a squad is not hard
              9:Everett> well with pascone in -f-, our squad standards just experienced a decrease of 150%

Comment

I think what people need more than anything right now is TWEL to start up, even without recording scores. Hopefully the re-construction of the DuelBot is going at a steady pace, because some people just need something to do between squadduels and baseelim.

Plus its always great to pit against another player to see who's better, which never proves true with the winner in baseelim.
                ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                Failure teaches success.
                . â–²
                ▲ ▲

Comment

Originally posted by Sesshoumaru
                  Hello, a few of you know me as Mit and the rest probably don't know me because I change nicknames and hop squad a lot. Somehow I always end up back opening a tryout arena for a new squad and I have always come across the same type of problems when these new squads start to play TWD matches.
                  Problem #1: we rarely ever get enough people on. Four players is too much to ask for new squads and even for not so new squads. I think the minimum number of players to play DDs/JDs should be three.
                  Problem #2: new players usually tend not to care about enough about matches to put other stuff aside or simply don't have time to play 2/3 rounds and usually end up crippling the lineup. What I suggest is an option that lets you choose how many rounds you want to play.

Keyword: think. This is my opinion. Please discuss about it
                  Didn't read the rest of the posts yet.. But I will later. I think your idea's are pretty good.. 3 players is kinda low, but as you said for beginning squads it would be a big improvement, and the squads can always decide for themselves if they want to add 3,4 or 5 players.

Same goes for your second Idea. Lately it seems noone can stick around long enough to play 3 rounds when it comes down to it. Well atleast I barely can, since I gotta work alot till the end of jan.. bleh.. Leaving the squads an option to choose to either play 1 or up to 3 rounds (2 would be impossible ofc) would be a nice feature.. good idea's

Pred
                  Under <ZH>> pred i want to taste your man juice!!!
                  Originally posted by Cig Smoke
                  Pred > JRA > the rest of u

Comment

I think it's pathetic. I already said that allowing the !challenge 4v4 would create an atmosphere where 4v4 would become a standard. You should take a look at the percentage of games being 4v4 instead of 5v5. I bet it's coming close to 90%. And you expect squads to be competative in a 5v5 league if they are only used to playing 4v4?
                    If you have problems getting 4 people to play dd's you will have to either lower your standards or you have to play wbduel together alot or something. Because you can't pollute the divisions with this kind of mercy crap when TWL squads will be picked from it in 2 months.
                    If you want to play versus squads like that, try asking us for a squadduel, we will just fight it out in some private arena.
                    You ate some priest porridge

Comment

Originally posted by Rion.
                      There could be a !friendlygame one round option
                      I actually like his idea. -_-
                      I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal...

Comment

If you want that just go into a private arena, there is people that want to use the little TWD-arena's for more serious business.
                        You ate some priest porridge

Comment

but why???
                          It's cool to have your practise duels hosted too.
                          Or just develop a PracBot which you do a ?help call for so the PracBot will be sent do your #arena and host your prac game like a TWD game.
                          -_-
                          I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal...

Comment

Working...
                          X