Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The lag checking system is in dire need of being done in a non-dipshit way.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The lag checking system is in dire need of being done in a non-dipshit way.

I average pings in the 30-60 millisecond range. I rarely, if ever, have over 0.2% packetloss, be it S2C or C2S. Every other motherfucking time I kill someone in a dd/jd/bd, I'm getting specced for being over some rather obscure limit dubbed, "MED SPIKE."

I would like to know why a lag check is run every time you kill someone. Yes, I'm aware that a PlayerDeath event is fired every time you die making it easy to toss some lag checking code in your death event handler. That's some bullshit programming though, and you lazy dev bitches know it. The event itself generates enough lag to put you over the limits you're being checked against. I'm usually between .5 and 5 over this MED SPIKE limit, and I know full well it's because of the extra lag associated with trying to run these checks while the server is already trying to update my client with a position packet, and then registering a hit, and then telling me the dude I hit has died.

Fix it. Christ, all you have to do is run the checks on a delay. I kill a guy, you wait a good 10-15 seconds, then you run your check. Problem solved.
    jasonofabitch loves!!!!

I forgot to mention that if you happen to be unfortunate enough to kill a laggy player, let's say a Mess or another one of those Shriek-esque fellows, you're even more likely to get nailed by the checks because of their lag. I've seen it happen time and time again. How ridiculous is that?
    jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

wrong squad jason!
      Originally Posted by HeavenSent
      You won't have to wait another 4 years.
      There wont be another election for president.
      Obama is the Omega President.
      http://wegotstoned.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Jason
        I average pings in the 30-60 millisecond range. I rarely, if ever, have over 0.2% packetloss, be it S2C or C2S. Every other motherfucking time I kill someone in a dd/jd/bd, I'm getting specced for being over some rather obscure limit dubbed, "MED SPIKE."
        solved.
        Yea that is so gay i can hardly get on squads now cause of the fucking limits, Lets start a propsal jason.
        TWLD Champion 2014
        TWDTB Champion 2013
        TWDTB Champion 2016
        TWDTB Champion 2017
        TWDTB Champion 2019.. my last one.
        -tj hazuki/hazuki :wub:

Comment

Seconded. Or thirded, whatever. When 40 ms and 0.1% ploss both ways gets me specced for lag while no-talent shithead lagcunts like MHz and Wheels run around basically unchecked it exposes the lag limits as the joke that they are.
          Originally posted by Tone
          It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
          Originally posted by the_paul
          Gargle battery acid fuckface
          Originally posted by Material Girl
          I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

After watching my current squad lose a pathetic amount of duels because of that exact reason, I strongly agree
            NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Well you know jason.. you always eat much so you can sit in spec if you ask me no matter how your ping seems to be low.. it doesnt matter that much anyways
              Mirror <ZH> omg it shark
              Mirror <ZH> this sucks
              Server> dont worry mirror
              Server> shark fits your tits
              Peace <ZH>> shut up
              Peace <ZH>> i do not apperciate you talking to my girlfriend in that manner

i.d.> Teach me how to not choke
              Witness> well first you put it in your mouth ... but not to long

1:Hercules> ghoul
              1:Hercules> im level 90
              1:Hercules> in 9d
              1:Hercules> bought a char off ebay
              1:Hercules> cost me $50 but was worth it

Comment

wtf jason ? werent you the one to ban me from belim when i hunted ur ass down due one of those "obscure lag stuff" and to acuse me of cheating ?

you allways were a lagass and somehow you whine about everyone else's lag.
                8:I Hate Cookies> a gota dágua foi quando falei q eu tinha 38 anos e estava apaixonado por uma garota, mas a família dela n deixava agente namorar
                8:I Hate Cookies> aí quando todo mundo me apoiou falando q o amor supera tudo, falei q a garota tinha 12 anos
                8:I Hate Cookies> aí todos mudaram repentinamente de opinião falando q eu era um pedófilo
                8:AnImoL> esses amigos falsos
                8:SCHOPE NORRIS> o amor supera tudo. da até pra esperar a puberdade
                8:I Hate Cookies> sim... fiquei desiludido schope...

Comment

It's a problem that affects everyone schope, even you. For once, drop the petty issues and look at the situation objectively.
                  jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Yeah, the lag thing can act pretty retarded, it doesn't even pick out the real laggers sometimes anyways. I'll go yell at someone.
                    DELETED

Comment

Thanks Jason for bringing this lag limit issue again, I agree 100% with you there.

Before they had 85ms, now its 55. Why do they keep messing with them? I don't understand; people are trying to play and not lose a match due to lag.

I have cable internet, and usually ping 100-130ms, and usually have 0.1% s2c/c2s. Yet, players on dialup get away from these lagouts and I sometimes don't.

The ironic thing, is I still see players that eat alot, yet their ping times are low. Everyone thinks cheaters use lag, but they must be using some other method; Packet manipulation - they manipulate value in packet frame that tells server if collision occurs.

To Summarize; all this effort to have strict lag limits is hurting innocent players. Also as Jason pointed out, the lagout handler checker function is doing checks in a bad way.

Who is making these changes? Which TWdev?

Thanks for listening...

Comment

The MED spike is basically a measurement of the deviation between your AVERAGE lag, and your CURRENT lag (at the time of the check). If your current lag is X amount greater than your average lag, you are specced by the bot. I find it quite hard to believe that any checks the bot does would be enough to throw you over the MED spike limit, even if you were just barely on the edge in the first place.

Basically, this will spectate people if they are spiking wildly, be it from having a bad quality connection, or downloading/uploading files while playing, etc.

The lag check has specced me when I am downloading with Bittorrent, but I can't really comment on whether all the people it specs deserve it or not. It's just one way of checking lag. If someone has a high, but steady ping, this MED spike check will not spec them.
                        sdg

Comment

Well, from experience with known laggers and non-laggers, it isn't as effective as it sets out to be, and can go off at seemingly random times.
                          DELETED

Comment

Alright, so for the sake of argument, here's a little scenario.

I'm playing in a TWJD match.
                            My average ping is 40ms.
                            I kill someone.
                            The bot runs a check and sees my current ping is at 80ms.
                            I'm specced.

A guy on the other team has an average ping of 250ms.
                            He kills someone.
                            The bot runs a check and sees his current ping is at 300ms.
                            He's not specced.

Obviously these numbers are completely made up, but the point is still valid. His deviation is less than mine, keeping him in the game. According to the poorly coded bot, I'm the lagger. Surely anyone can see the flawed logic.
                            jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jason
                              Alright, so for the sake of argument, here's a little scenario.

I'm playing in a TWJD match.
                              My average ping is 40ms.
                              I kill someone.
                              The bot runs a check and sees my current ping is at 80ms.
                              I'm specced.

A guy on the other team has an average ping of 250ms.
                              He kills someone.
                              The bot runs a check and sees his current ping is at 300ms.
                              He's not specced.

Obviously these numbers are completely made up, but the point is still valid. His deviation is less than mine, keeping him in the game. According to the poorly coded bot, I'm the lagger. Surely anyone can see the flawed logic.
                              Well that cenario really implies that you are lagging because it means that your line is not stable enough because it can't keep you near 40 ms... since 8o ms is actually the double of your average ping...
                              Either way im tired of actually being specced in tourny because of idiotic lag limits i think they should be much more wide. I can't play a game in tourny without actually be specced after each kill <_< . I don't know if it has happened to anyone but since the beggining of twl i noticed a huge increase on server lag... i usually had 0.2 ploss s2c and now i have 2.2 s2c ploss while c2s remains at 0.0. I don't know if this has to do with anychange they might have made but i noticed people eating my bullets much more often and i can only point it to the fact that my s2c ploss increased. Oh and by the way put back the old lag limits i want to be able to play -_- and i'm not even close to a laggot
                              A kiss is a rosy dot over the 'i' of loving.

Cyrano de Bergerac

Comment

Working...
                              X