Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The lag checking system is in dire need of being done in a non-dipshit way.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It seems as though there's widespread agreement as to the inefficiency of the current lag checking system.

So then, the question begs to be asked... What's going to be done about it?
    jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Increase Resolution Limit While You Are At It.
      What maneuver could possibly be smoover?

Comment

Originally posted by Escalate
        Remove the fuckin spike check on kill thing. not only is it speccing people who arent even truly lagging, its not even fair for the team who is playing against it. who here has not played against someone in jav lately who disappears every time he gets a kill and knows it. how fucking retarded is it that the bot rewards what it is determining to be a lagger by placing them safely in spec with no death penalty after they suicide kill someone and have no energy.

i actually had this happen to me the other day, and i went 4-0 before i ran out of lagouts. this is one of the most retarded fucking ideas ive ever seen in tw.
        thats so true. because if they kill you, they get specced, your teammates cant kill them. so its making it even worse for the person being killed by one of those spike kills. i dont like this format either. esp when i lure someone into killing me, and they get specced before one of my teammates can vulch em off.
        RaCka> how can i get you here
        death row> well basically im holdin off cuz i jus joined sweet. so its not u, its me
        RaCka> YOU'RE DUMPING ME?!?!?!?
        death row> LOL I KNOW I JUS READ THAT LINE AGAIN

Comment

yup drow. it also fucks you on double kills, which are quite common in jd. the other guys bomb hits you an instant before your bomb hits him (or a wall near him), and hes in spec by the time your bomb gets there.
          There exists a fine line between hard partying and destitution.

Comment

Alright, so today I was specced for being at 50.8, the MED SPIKE limit being 50. You're telling me that my ping maintaining a range of 30-80ms, and going LESS THAN ONE MILLISECOND beyond that range, is just cause for putting me in spec? Take out this check already, fellas. There's absolutely no good reason to keep it. It's unreliable, and it's not serving its intended purpose.
            jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Jason I agree with you, I don't like the lag limits much myself. I haven't had any problems with lag outs at all, but I know a lot of people who aren't "laggers" who are getting screwed by the bots. I will talk with the people involved in making the lag system and see if we can't come up with a solution.

On another note, I'd also like to point out that BEFORE this new lag system was put in, this forum was filled with complaints about lagcheating and laggers having an unfair advantage and those posts have been considerably reduced. Maybe everyone will realize that its not going to ever be possible to find a suitable middleground.

Comment

weaver ive always been one of the ones in support of some kind of check for unstable pings such as this one. it just isnt being done intelligently, though. upon a kill is the worst time i can possibly think of to check, because of the game situations that arise surrounding speccing someone at time of kill, and it seems like the check is a bit too strict. we want to spec people who are spiking badly, but maybe the limit needs to be eased a bit because it seems to be speccing alot of people who dont appear to be lagging much and arent drawing complaints from other players. put it on a 10 second delay and ease it up a bit and it would probably be helpful.

Comment

you can sorta compromise with not having +deaths so the games aren't completely ruined from one person having a bad lag moment. i've seen games where 4 deaths were wasted from lag. kinda ridiculous. i'm pretty sure people speccing to avoid a death was never really that game altering therefore with just decently strict lag at least a sub could be made and the laggie wont lose 4 deaths for their respective team and a reasonable match can still occur!
                  violence> dont talk 2 me until u got 900+fbook friends and can take 1 dribble from the 3 point line n dunk

[Aug 23 03:03] Oops: 1:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life
                  [Aug 23 03:20] money: LOL NOT QUITE VIO BUT 5:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life

Comment

Originally posted by pascone
                    you can sorta compromise with not having +deaths
                    Which means we are back at the starting point - speccing without any punishment when you are getting teamed/cornered.
                    megaman89> tsunami taught me that 1 shouldnt have used it
                    L K> taught u what?
                    megaman89> how to suck

9:WiL> im gonna with my league \o/
                    9:Graner <ZH>> you mean win?
                    9:WiL> being on plade i forgot how to spell it

Comment

Originally posted by Weaver
                      On another note, I'd also like to point out that BEFORE this new lag system was put in, this forum was filled with complaints about lagcheating and laggers having an unfair advantage and those posts have been considerably reduced. Maybe everyone will realize that its not going to ever be possible to find a suitable middleground.
                      I neglected to point this out, and it's important enough to be quoted and/or mentioned again. The system isn't a complete wash, it just needs to be re-worked from a different angle.
                      jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tahkis
                        Which means we are back at the starting point - speccing without any punishment when you are getting teamed/cornered.
                        and my point is how game altering has that ever really been? i know i was never in a game where we lost cause of a spec....put a timer or something on if someone specs/lagouts or something
                        violence> dont talk 2 me until u got 900+fbook friends and can take 1 dribble from the 3 point line n dunk

[Aug 23 03:03] Oops: 1:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life
                        [Aug 23 03:20] money: LOL NOT QUITE VIO BUT 5:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life

Comment

According to the botcore CVS, the lagchecking is now done every second instead of after a kill.
                          sdg

Comment

Originally posted by Stabwound
                            According to the botcore CVS, the lagchecking is now done every second instead of after a kill.
                            When have they changed it!? was it this week?
                            If it was done now let's hope it has positive effects!
                            A kiss is a rosy dot over the 'i' of loving.

Cyrano de Bergerac

Comment

i disagree with that, the +1 death upon speccing is a good thing. if you are playing with an unstable connection thats the risk you take.

Comment

Haha we were playing our TWDTD match when Graner suddenly lagged out and pasted this in chat: Graner> MatchBotR2> LAG REPORT: Too high SPIKE Med. [1349061.91 LIMIT: 50].

How can that even be possible?
                                megaman89> tsunami taught me that 1 shouldnt have used it
                                L K> taught u what?
                                megaman89> how to suck

9:WiL> im gonna with my league \o/
                                9:Graner <ZH>> you mean win?
                                9:WiL> being on plade i forgot how to spell it

Comment

Working...
                                X