TWBD - All Ships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWBD - All Ships

Can we get rid of the pointless exclusion of the levi and weasel in twd? If they don't help a team, they won't be used (we might as well not allow lanc/jav/wb if that's a reason). If they do help, then what's keeping them out?

Frankly, I think they would be worthless, but I want to chance to try a mini-weasel in a twd match and prove it. Can anyone offer a reason why these ships are not allowed?

llater,
    Tony

Lets see.

Spastic would then recruit da a$$man and spacedust, a$$, Y ? or PL could then LT one of their leet vet levs.

damn imagine a game like that

rofl lets try 2 terrs. 4 sharks. 2 levs in a bd, or 3 sharks 2 levs and a cloak

Comment

Staff thought that the weasel ruined games, since someone would just x themselves from the start in ?Go base. I guess it carried onto twd after that :/

Anyways, levi shouldn't be allowed. People would just put a levi in everygame and it wouldn't be to fun if there was levi's bombing the fr at point blank.

A way to put the weasel back in is have it degrade energy when cloak and stealth is on. Also keep it large so it has to fly through the entrance to touch flag (assuming they are using it to get 10 seconds of flag time to win the game, etc)
      My Music Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by Not Thix
        damn imagine a game like that
        Hmmm. The levi gets spawned about 30 times. Maybe gets a total of five really good shots at the cram and four are repped. For the most part, you'd be playing 7v8. What's the problem with that? If a team wants to try it, let them. The cramming team can always just assign a spider to spawn the levi to completely eliminate it.

Originally posted by Morroco
        Anyways, levi shouldn't be allowed. People would just put a levi in everygame and it wouldn't be to fun if there was levi's bombing the fr at point blank.
        I think you're forgetting about the 60 seconds it will take a levi to get in position to fire on the fr, if they aren't spawned of course. What's the problem if you did have a levi firing on a cram? Sharks still have reps, right? They time properly and there are no concerns. They mistime and they die. That's the way it should be.

Also keep it large so it has to fly through the entrance to touch flag
        Where's your reasoning for this? You want to limit the ship that could make a huge difference in breaking a defense. A full-size cloaker would be worse than the levi. A mini could actually be useful for a team. Just because a ship might make a defense or offense "work" doesn't mean it's a bad ship.

If I understand correctly, the argument against these ships is that they would make games suck. Considering that we've never seen a twbd with a cloak or a levi, this argument is invalid. If a mini-weasel or levi can help a team take or defend the base, what is the problem? You don't like how you died? We should eliminate bursts too since most spiders hate them.

llater,
        Tony
        Last edited by brookus; 07-01-2005, 03:39 PM.

Comment

Levis just have to fly up tube, it wouldn't be to hard for that. Would take a minute tops to be able to fire at cram, and when that happens :/

Levi's have powerful bombs, it would be easy to rep a mine, but depends on the angle it came at. The Levi's bomb could be repel'd into a wall and the rep would be useless, it would still kill teammates and the shark.

Yeah, you are right, Brookus, on the weasel being small. Ignorant of me to say it should be big :P Though it should have some sort of disadvantage. Terr is the only one who can see the weasel, and he would have to leave cram to kill it (If it's going to touch flag). How is there a way to keep it effective, yet harder to just simply fly through a hole and touch flag?
          My Music Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by brookus
            If a mini-weasel or levi can help a team take or defend the base, what is the problem? You don't like how you died? We should eliminate bursts too since most spiders hate them.

llater,
            Tony
            I have no problem with the weasel. It's just the levi. I think that if it got to 20 bounty and was in the flagroom to protect the entrace, all the team has to do is make the spiders line.. Levi on terr (To position it) and then the enemy team would probably not get in at all the rest of that game. Think of it this way: Levi bombing enemy to keep them away from entrance. When enemy does get to the entrance, they have to get around the 4 spiders, and 2 sharks, which is pretty damn hard. It would be completely stacked. The only way I could see them even coming close to getting in is to have a levi, and that would probably die X times in the process of firing at the entrance. If it just hit the bar that the flag sits on it won't kill the Levi/Terr if it is smart. And the spiders won't die if they have about 2/3 of their energy. It would be completely stacked. Maybe have a limit on how long you can have a levi or something. It shouldn't be allowed to play the whole game if that is what is going to happen
            My Music Playlist

Comment

I think you're vastly overestimating the power of the levi against a good team. A good jav can destroy the cram with one bomb. The same skill will be needed for a levi. You're thinking a few bombs are going to completely dominate the game and ignoring the fact that the levi is nearly worthless in the open. Yes, a repped bomb could still kill people. Just as a repped jav bomb can kill people. What's the problem? I've seen the levi used in base games before (way, waaaaay back when). It was useless. If it is still useless, there's no reason to not allow it to be used.

"How is there a way to keep it effective, yet harder to just simply fly through a hole and touch flag?"
              What's the problem with it flying through and touching the flag? If it makes the terr work, that's a good thing. There's no skill to sitting still, which is pretty much what a terr's role has become.

I could make arguments about how the lanc is all powerful and could ruin twbd. Two fast shots with a third right behind is an incredible weapon. Yet, how often does a team use a lanc?

The levi has got an incredible offensive weapon, but they are severely limited by being so slow. It's a balance that will remain if they are allowed.

llater,
              Tony

Comment

Actually, cant we make another leauge, or at least try it out. TWASD-Trench Wars Any Ship Division. THink about it. Could be played in a kind of new cool map with both clear spaces and walls.. Something like the spiderwars (?) map..

Comment

Originally posted by brookus
                  fact that the levi is nearly worthless in the open. Yes, a repped bomb could still kill people.

If killing an x makes the terr work, that's a good thing. There's no skill to sitting still, which is pretty much what a terr's role has become.

The levi has got an incredible offensive weapon but they are severely limited by being so slow. It's a balance that will remain if they are allowed.
                  I know that the levi is worthless when attacking, it would be hard to green it. but when in cram, I think it would be pretty much stacked then.

Picture it my way, brookus: 4 spider line, 2 sharks mining and repping. Terrier positioning levi to a safe point so it won't die from sharks mines.
                  The attacking team would have to somehow repel a levi's bomb and get in before it recharges for another bomb (Which is about 10 seconds, give or take a few). and get past the 4 spiders/2 sharks.

As for the weasel. It should be allowed (The one you would like) in TWBD/TWLB games, but in ?go base, etc. It would be abused like crap.

I'm going to have to say you just persuaded me into agreeing with you, Brookus, but I dont think it would happen reallistically, as there would be many complaints to TW staff. (About the levi)
                  My Music Playlist

Comment

I like the idea, why should basing be restriced to certain ships, i beleive all ships can be used for basing, and all ships can be equally lethal depending on who is flying them.
                    :whistling

Comment

Don't make a new league thats just fucking retarted. Let all ships be played in TWBD. It thats team loss ( or gain? ) if they use the lev and x. At least make them a viable option. Most likely people will stick to what they know, but doesn't hurt to try.

Comment

I soooo agree with tony.
                        1:PaulOakenfold> thunder doesn't have a map;... gonna join nc17
                        1:PaulOakenfold> it's been real
                        1:Vitja> thunders map is ?go twlj
                        1:Vitja> afk
                        1:Underground> haha vit
                        1:Kian> LOL VITJA

-Sk8 site and forums: www.sk8squad.org

Comment

Picture it my way, brookus: 4 spider line, 2 sharks mining and repping. Terrier positioning levi to a safe point so it won't die from sharks mines.
                          The attacking team would have to somehow repel a levi's bomb and get in before it recharges for another bomb (Which is about 10 seconds, give or take a few). and get past the 4 spiders/2 sharks.
                          (About the levi)[/B]
                          you are forgettin the fact that a levi bomb is so strong when repped by attackin shark, chances of your own spider dying is much greater than enemy spiders dying.
                          1 + 1 = 1

Comment

Originally posted by Nethila
                            you are forgettin the fact that a levi bomb is so strong when repped by attackin shark, chances of your own spider dying is much greater than enemy spiders dying.
                            That depends, if the team was smart they would place all 4 spiders on the right side, then have the levi fire on the left side, therefore the bomb would be repped quite far away from the spiders on the right
                            My Music Playlist

Comment

That depends, if the team was smart they would place all 4 spiders on the right side, then have the levi fire on the left side, therefore the bomb would be repped quite far away from the spiders on the right
                              i dont know who you are, maybe aliased, maybe not. but thats the dumbest defence ever. all you need is 1 rep to rep the lev bomb and 2 reps for the spiders.. and the attacking team is in.
                              1 + 1 = 1

Comment

Working...
                              X