why'd the ploss limit change?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why'd the ploss limit change?

I play on a wireless laptop, and my ploss is constantly hovering around a 3.1 ... why'd you change the ploss limit? Now I can never play the game. Please re-raise the limit to where it previously was. I understand you want to eliminate laggers and cheaters, but cheaters are gonna find ways around the limits no matter what they are, and theres already a league that laggers aren't allowed to play in, TWL. I understand keeping a strict hold on the TWL limits since thats supposed to be "THE SHOW", but twd is supposed to be a laid back, automated league.

Conclusion: raise the ploss limit back from 3.0 to 4.5 so that us less-fortunate players can play. The freaking game was made for the 56k generation, and now your discriminating, getting rid of the fanbase that made this game.

thanks
    Dice
    TWLB Champions Season 8
    TWLJ Champions Season 8
    TWLB Champions Season 10
    TWLB Champions Season 11

I know what you mean because when I lag it usually hovers around the 3.0-4.0% ploss range, which makes me unable to play in a TWD game.

However.....
    I must say that when a player gets packetloss of around 3.5 and up, the lag is quite bad for the players that have to play these people. The frequent eat causes the flow of the game to change in a quite unfair manner.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
    Failure teaches success.

Comment

I agree. I play on wireless now too and I'm constantly specced for ploss above 3 and I hover between 3-5%. I agree with Kim's statement that ploss can be bad for others but it's just as bad on the person playing especailly when you shoot at things that don't die. I also think the lag spikes need to be adjusted a tad because it seems like people with even decent connections are getting specced lately for Med. spikes.
      Burzum> omfg if ruby was half as modest as he's l337 in wb, he'd be the new jesus
      2:RubY> I called my wife demonfaze once
      2:death row> i remember in a match once my mom came in and jus bitched me out and i died. and ime like "sigh nice mom kill newbie"

Comment

If you're on a wireless connection, change. If your ploss doesn't kill you, the lag spikes will and basically, you shouldn't be playing.

Sounds kinda cruel and harsh but that's the fact of it. Wireless ethernet is completely unsuitable for online gaming.

Comment

This game was made for crappy computers and crappy connections. In fact, a major reason this game has thrived in the past is due to the fact that its 56k friendly. Now, your constantly throwing stricter limits on arenas. Its to the point where I cant play twd at all. Lag is something that happens and has to be tolerated. If you continue to change the restrictions otherwise, you'll continue to lose players such as myself who have been there since the beginning. I'm not formally retiring or anything, but this game is useless to me if I'm not allowed to play, so I guess I have no choice.
          Dice
          TWLB Champions Season 8
          TWLJ Champions Season 8
          TWLB Champions Season 10
          TWLB Champions Season 11

Comment

56k modems would actually spike less than cable and adsl, but the ping would be higher. Same goes for ploss, 56k modem would not have more ploss than cable/adsl.
            ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
            Failure teaches success.

Comment

Originally posted by Kim
              56k modems would actually spike less than cable and adsl, but the ping would be higher. Same goes for ploss, 56k modem would not have more ploss than cable/adsl.
              Oh! might be true in some cases but not always, dsl technology was made to increase your dload speed especially... i've played some games in a 56k modem and only had 40-50 ms it was not tw though <_<

Either way i can't even play this game when im lagging a bit -_- and believe me someone with 4% ploss is probably not having a good game because most of the shots he hits are eats
              A kiss is a rosy dot over the 'i' of loving.

Cyrano de Bergerac

Comment

Yeah, 2.9 is pushing eats, but over that is enough.
                DELETED

Comment

Just remove all those goddamn limits.
                  megaman89> tsunami taught me that 1 shouldnt have used it
                  L K> taught u what?
                  megaman89> how to suck

9:WiL> im gonna with my league \o/
                  9:Graner <ZH>> you mean win?
                  9:WiL> being on plade i forgot how to spell it

Comment

I'm playing on a cable connection, and I'm not far from the location of the server, and I still get specced in TWD games for Too High Spike MED. or Too High Ploss even though when I do ?lag my ploss is 0.0 or 0.1. Remove these limits all together or lower them in TWD, you're making a huge inconvenience for a lot of TW players.
                    7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
                    Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
                    TWLJ Champion Season 11
                    TWLB All-Star Season 10
                    Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

Working...
                    X