League Name change for twdd?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• League Name change for twdd?

I was wondering why do they call twdd, DUELING division?

Why not twwd? Trench Wars Warbird Division.

They have Javelin, and now Spider Division; they are
    dueling too.

I guess it's a carry over from the past, and has been used so long.

But I think Warbird Division is better, more descriptive of what the league actually is.

That's just the given name for what we do in warbirds, we duel. And that's just the accepted name that we all know.
    DELETED

Comment

merkaba's absolutely correct. it's about time we took the emphasis off of warbirds. both the zone and the leagues (twd/twl) have become so much more than simple "dueling" like we had back in the day.
      jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dameon Angell
        That's just the given name for what we do in warbirds, we duel. And that's just the accepted name that we all know.
        Hey, wanna have a jav duel?
        last.fm - Keeping it short

Comment

Originally posted by Jason
          merkaba's absolutely correct. it's about time we took the emphasis off of warbirds. both the zone and the leagues (twd/twl) have become so much more than simple "dueling" like we had back in the day.
          The only thing is that I don't think ppl care enuf for a change like that ... albeit it is a simple change.

Comment

i wouldn't exactly push for it. i agree, i'd bet not too many people actually care all that much. speaking on the side of logic though, it should be done.
            jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

the first form of dueling was warbird dueling so they called itTranch Wars DUELING Division.

no need to change the name
              Originally posted by Kolar
              My reaction:

;1;Holy Shit
              ;1;Al Qaeda took care of method for us

Comment

Yeah, that's what I was thinking Jason. Logical and uniform with the other leagues.

On the twd website I look at the TOP 5 League listings;

Dueling
                Javelin
                Basing
                Spider

Dueling just looked odd to me and not precise/descriptive of the league.

But of course most of us know what Dueling league is. And we are all use to it. Everyone is so use to saying dd like saying gg. Might be odd to say, wana wd? lol

Just giving feedback or a suggestion; upto twd staff if they want to change it.

Comment

Personally, I wouldn't change it for the sake of history. But, if someone else wants to change it, then go for it, I wouldn't tell them no.
                  DELETED

Comment

I think double d looks/sounds better than double w. Plus it creates unnecessary work for the guys, everyone knows what a dd is and it'll probably confuse some aswell if it's changed.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason
                      i wouldn't exactly push for it. i agree, i'd bet not too many people actually care all that much. speaking on the side of logic though, it should be done.
                      :up:

tee double double you dee would sound silly too

ps. To avoid the ugly wd-expressiin, LET'S CALL IT TW 'BIRD DEVISION TWBD OMG :wub:
                      5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
                      5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
                      5: Da1andonly> =((
                      5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
                      5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
                      5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

Originally posted by Jeansi

ps. To avoid the ugly wd-expressiin, LET'S CALL IT TW 'BIRD DEVISION TWBD OMG

LOL Jeansi 2 twbds :wub: Lets just leave it like this, every1 would say dd even if we changed. B)
                        1:Graner> i heard da1's sign in tw forums was "1:Graner> like i'd know a girl irl, lol"
                        1:Graner> jeansi told me that
                        1:Graner> i was totally wtf
                        1:Rumpnisse> rofl?
                        1:Graner> AND BTW!
                        1:Graner> i talked to one on wednesday
                        1:Rumpnisse> ur mom? :/
                        NOTICE: Game over

Comment

This is the closest thing that most of us here will get to double-D's, so let's not take that away from us.

Comment

Working...
                          X