Matorian> no i cant really
    Rigor> y
    Matorian> Because theres no rule against it
    Rigor> ive done this in the past
    Matorian> hes still getting killed

acapugo 18 | 8 | 1972 | 0 |
    Therapy wins round 3!

Rigor> acapugo type ?lag and paste it in newb
    acapugo> PING Current:140 ms Average:120 ms Low:100 ms High:840 ms S2C: 0.1% C2S: 0.5%

FFS are u kidding me no rules against high lag. Sure i dont mind slight lag ill live with it but high lag like this uve got to be freaking kidding me how are squads suppost to play and have fun when we play against lag like this and have little chance of winning. since there is no "rule" against it i think there should be a some rule that says a mod can spec a player with high lag due to his judgement or something like that.
    Rigor> mastersword im thinking u, me and a bottle of crisco baby
    Mastersword> ROFL
    Mastersword> really?

(TWDBot)>Your squad rating has just changed from 813 to 813, after losing the Javelin match vs dicE. You are #34 in TWJD - For detailed info go to

#21 - Don't forget

Originally posted by Rigor
    Rigor>?cheater can u come to twdd and check acapugos lag
    Message has been sent to online moderators
    Rigor> ?cheater he eats alot
    Message has been sent to online moderators
    Matorian> Its a little high
    Rigor> can u ask them to spec him or sub him
    Matorian> no i cant really
    Rigor> y
    Matorian> Because theres no rule against it
    Rigor> ive done this in the past
    Matorian> hes still getting killed

acapugo 18 | 8 | 1972 | 0 |
    Therapy wins round 3!

Rigor> acapugo type ?lag and paste it in newb
    acapugo> PING Current:140 ms Average:120 ms Low:100 ms High:840 ms S2C: 0.1% C2S: 0.5%

FFS are u kidding me no rules against high lag. Sure i dont mind slight lag ill live with it but high lag like this uve got to be freaking kidding me how are squads suppost to play and have fun when we play against lag like this and have little chance of winning. since there is no "rule" against it i think there should be a some rule that says a mod can spec a player with high lag due to his judgement or something like that.

You've clearly never played against someone using a 56k.
    Originally posted by paradise!
    pretty sure the flu is just bacteria found everywhere, just during the winter our immune systems are at its lowest, thus the bacteria aren't exactly killed off.
    1:Reaver> HALP
    1:Reaver> HELELP
    1:Reaver> SAW CRANS MOM NAKED
    1:Reaver> HELP YOU DUMB FUCKS

Comment

that's not really high lag now is it...

this is my lag: PING Current:160 ms Average:130 ms Low:90 ms High:600 ms S2C: 0.1% C2S: 0.0%

Yeah his C2S is a little high, but that's about it.
      help: (how do i shot) (Public 0): how do i travel diagonally? i only have up, down, left and right keys.

4:PinkSTAR <ER>> ask DP he knows me inside and out

Comment

it doesn't seem that bad.....

probably not worse than like locket or flew or deprecate
        violence> dont talk 2 me until u got 900+fbook friends and can take 1 dribble from the 3 point line n dunk

[Aug 23 03:03] Oops: 1:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life
        [Aug 23 03:20] money: LOL NOT QUITE VIO BUT 5:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life

Comment

Originally posted by jappeuuuh
          PING Current:140 ms Average:120 ms Low:100 ms High:840 ms S2C: 0.1% C2S: 0.5%

Yeah his C2S is a little high, but that's about it.
          His C2S isn't even a little high. I'm not completely sure about the details of ploss calculations, but that means every 200th packet he sends is lost. Not too much. It shouldn't have any effect on his moving and of weapon packets, because it's C2S, only he suffers. Other people won't see his bullets, so to him, people eat every 200th hit.

As a side note, imho ploss limit is a bit too strict. My connection (and for example, Evul's connection) is having troubles with ploss when connecting to TW. On a good day it's 2.0%, but on a bad day it's jumping around 3.0% (limit is 3.0%) making twd games impossible. I can play elsewhere perfectly, game doesn't seem laggy at all and no one is complaining about my lag. More then usually that is. Practically always it's ping that causes the mad laggots.

And if you're talking about that high ping, I'll tell you one thing: high ping doesn't mean anything. If a guy has one 2000 ms high spike in 5 hours, but otherwise steady 20ms, high ping will still be 2000. For me I get high ping above my normal lag usually because I alt tab and go browse some web pages, I get a spike from loading the page, but it doesn't affect the game in any way.

Anyways, on the topic: If you're wondering what the rules are, how about reading them?!
          http://www.twdivisions.org/documents/rules Doesn't have anything about high lag. Closest thing is this:
          "3. In the event where you wish to make a complaint against a TW Staff Member, or if MatchBot is malfunctioning and fouling up the Match, you may send an e-mail to trenchwarsleagues@N0-SPAM!yahoo.com."

That certainly is not:
          "3. In the event where opponent's player lags, a staff member or the bot is not giving him a lagout, you may come to the TW forums and bitch about it."

Other rule page about general TW rules:
          http://www.trenchwars.org/Trench/ind...?action=About&

"8. Manipulating your lag, no matter how this is accomplished (downloads, modem feature, program). Non-abusing players exhibiting extreme lag will be asked to reconnect to the zone. Refusal may result in a forced kick off the zone."

Now I really don't know why there is that "asked to reconnect to the zone". I don't know if staff really does that, I've never heard of it. But in TWD games the bot takes care of the extreme lag cases. Of course if the staff member feels like he's manipulating his lag, he may do something about it. Like real laws, those rules are guidelines that staff has to interpret. Sometimes people do get removed for mad lag. (Don't know if they do this at all in twd, usually bot takes care of it, a bit too efficiently too.) But whether or not he is having EXTREME lag and whether or not he is manipulating lag is staff member's decision to take. The staff member who came didn't feel like it was abuse or extreme lag.

It has happened to me too and I understand that if a guy is owning your squad and eats for example 3 bullets you see, (it's a bit rare, but happens to people with good lag too.) it will feel like the guy ate 6 and is ignoring everything. Everytime you play against someone and feel like he's lagging, before you start complaining about it, calm down, wait for a while and think if he REALLY WAS lagging THAT much. Besides, I'd say 99% of the cases they can't help lagging. They have a bad connection and that's all. It's not really their fault and their lag does hurt them too, so why kick them even more.

</thread>, please

Comment

The lag limits are stated as

Maximum Lag Player: Ping Current/Avg : 300 - Ploss 3.0.

So, that's well within the limits. I would have to see the T-Info for more on that. But, with 8 deaths, he wasn't invincible by any means. And yes there is a rule that says he can do it for his judgement ... and in his judgement he wasn't even over the limits. When he said "no rule" he probably meant that his lag wasn't speccable by any rule. And Kuuk nailed it on the head for the rest of it.

And I'll see if anyone has anything else more to say that isn't in the realm of complaining without proper information to back themselves up or I'll just lock it. Got until tonight.
            DELETED

Comment

I guess his lag wasnt high in ur view but im pretty sure he manipulated it to his advantage. i guess i overreacted but maybe he could of been asked to reconnect or something i dont know. it just gay because my lag is rarely high and usually perfect and atm its PING Current:30 ms Average:20 ms Low:10 ms High:200 ms S2C: 0.1% C2S: 0.0% i guess seeing his i compared it to mine and got pissed.
              Sorry about the fuss. ^-^
              Mastersword> ROFL
              Mastersword> really?

(TWDBot)>Your squad rating has just changed from 813 to 813, after losing the Javelin match vs dicE. You are #34 in TWJD - For detailed info go to

#21 - Don't forget

Comment

Damn Stor kids. Lose a few DD points and the accusations start flying in all directions. Good luck holding together, suckers.
                Originally posted by Tone
                It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
                Originally posted by the_paul
                Gargle battery acid fuckface
                Originally posted by Material Girl
                I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

stfu ph go have a party with jenny craig or something fat slug <_<
                  Mastersword> ROFL
                  Mastersword> really?

#21 - Don't forget

Comment

Originally posted by Rigor
                    stfu ph go have a party with jenny craig or something fat slug <_<
                    He is right, why whine over someone who hardly has any lag.. even if he did did manipulate it what would he use? msn would hardly do anything, and downloads would be more lag thyen that
                    My Music Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by Morroco
                      He is right, why whine over someone who hardly has any lag.. even if he did did manipulate it what would he use? msn would hardly do anything, and downloads would be more lag thyen that
                      There are ways to do it. There are lots of programs out there but we can detect them and most don't work well because the lag limits go beyond simple packetloss and ping time checks. Without knowing his *tinfo at the time or observing the person it's hard to tell if it's manipulating and as Dameon said he's within the limits.

Comment

Those new lag limits are fine.. if your lag is bellow that, it's fine by me. Not everyone has a elite connection or live near the server.
                        -Kawrae

Comment

Ya this is stupid. What happend to that "visual lag" thing where staffers could ask the person to spec or sub him. I mean cape use to get it all the time and a few other player.

Last nite we be playing spastic in a SD and eke hoping 2-3 inches every time he pushed a diferent arrow key. Yet he didnt lagout that many times and he wasnt speced for it. I suppose that means he was under the laglimits but its fukin gay when his ship moves 2 times faster then mine bc he skips 3 inches every time and u cant hit him with a bullet bc he skips over it insteads of hitting him. Staff came and nothing done. Yet i have 30 ms .0 .0 and get speced for some stupid MED. SPIKE bc im .1 over that limit. Either way i know that i wasnt near as spikey.
                          _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

i have no problem with these rulez LOL

Comment

im supriced youre still supriced over something like this.
                              its been like this as long as i can recall... for the last
                              6 years it been like this someone open their mouth
                              and someone else triggers and has to send a reply
                              of how stupid he sounds and the verbal pwnage of
                              each other has begun.

people has been using downloading and sharing programs
                              to manipulate their lag for years. so its not new.
                              I myself is strictly anti towards any manipulation or
                              cheating tools for continuum. I belive someone who
                              manipulate his gameplay with tools is there for the wrong reason.
                              specially if you aim to be one of the best.

oh oh i must also comment. "stfu" please refer to the command ?ignore
                              it works better and you wont sound retard trying to shut someone up for
                              comment you.

has it also occure to you that if both people lag there is double the lag as if only one lag..

ok so what whas my point to all this.. well about the same as yours.
                              making a totaly useless comment to a totaly useless thread just
                              to waste time and sound a little more retard than before :P

"The person who writes for fools is always sure of a large audience."
                              "War does not determine who is right - only who is left."
                              "If only God would give me some clear sign! Like making a large
                              deposit in my name at a Swiss bank."
                              "Have no fear of perfection -- you'll never reach it."
                              :alien:

Comment

Working...
                              X