Next TWD Reset?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next TWD Reset?

I heard that there is still going to be one more reset of TWD b4 the next qualifying round of TWL. A. Is this true? B. If so, when will it happen? Thanks.

Originally posted by MetalKid
    I heard that there is still going to be one more reset of TWD b4 the next qualifying round of TWL. A. Is this true? B. If so, when will it happen? Thanks.

Yes it is true.

Staff does not know yet.
    SSCU Trench Wars Local BanG Operator
    SSCU Trenchwars SModerator
    Trench Wars Extreme League Head Operator
    Trench Wars Divisions Operator

1:Rudy> We don't let Barton out much
    1:Rudy> He has a habit of touching things he's not supposed to
    1:Rudy> Like fire, and boobies

Comment

TWL staff is still deciding.

Comment

Yeah, that final "race" for spots is always up to the TWL staff if they feel that one is needed.
        DELETED

Comment

We do this same thing every fukin year. Staff never lets us know if we will or wont reset TWD again. Whats the big secret? Also why reset it? The ladders are sorted out we got teams with high points and teams with low. Its really unlikly that a team can be made 2 weeks b4 deadline and make it into TWL unless they truly deserve it. This is the problem we always have. We reset TWD and then say we got 1 month till deadline. That gives any random squad a chance at making TWL by being active and playing pussish. Either dont reset it, or give us more then a month or 2 to let the ladders settle down. Then we wont have those 2 week and disolve squads in TWL. Well we mite some squads who dont deserve TWL spots in TWL, but u wont have as many.
          _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

I'd be all for never resetting the ladder for TWL, except at the start of the next season.
            DELETED

Comment

Originally posted by Dameon Angell
              I'd be all for never resetting the ladder for TWL, except at the start of the next season.

Then make it happen with your magic wand! ( no im not talking about the one in your pants )
              1:Graner> i heard da1's sign in tw forums was "1:Graner> like i'd know a girl irl, lol"
              1:Graner> jeansi told me that
              1:Graner> i was totally wtf
              1:Rumpnisse> rofl?
              1:Graner> AND BTW!
              1:Graner> i talked to one on wednesday
              1:Rumpnisse> ur mom? :/
              NOTICE: Game over

Comment

Well, the reset has to be done in conjuction with TWD and TWL staffs, and its really not my call.
                DELETED

Comment

Well thats why im saying it Dameon :P I was sorta asking why its never done like that. I dont really see a reason that we have to reset the ladders and whatnot. Reset them once to beging TWD season keep them up till TWL picks its teams, no extra resets.
                  _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

isn't that why the rating was put up? what are you staffers going to do with this new "rating" stuff.. the thing around 1000 if you beat ez squads or not. i'd like to know about it. Maybe nethila or pl can tell us something about this?

Comment

I totally agree with Cig Smoke.. ^-^
                      -Kawrae

Comment

Another reset would be foolish and unecessary
                        -Rasc

Comment

Meh, if it were up to me, I'd want a fresh new start with TWD. I'd delete all the squads (except for the established squads and those that actively participate in TWD) and reset TWD. Hell, I'd even make a minimum roster requirement...10 players rostered at least?

Really though, the only reason why we had the last reset is because of the new division, otherwise TWD wouldn't have been reset till it was time to qualify. I don't see anything wrong with two resets. One after TWL, and one right before TWL (that'd make two). Also, I think the general idea is, since the last reset is one month (?) before the start of TWL, that everyone becomes more competetive. Otherwise they'll lose their spot to some squad that only plays "newb" squads...hence everyone becomes more competitive. Besides...if some squad does get in, because they played only "newb" squads, then they'll surely do poorly and maybe (?) feel embarrassed (yes, even on a video game). Then there'd be players that won't show up cause they wouldn't want to waste their time...etc.... ...And I'm just rambling (bored at work, which I get off of in about 38 minutes!) Anyway, I'm sure you all get the idea as to where I was going with all of that...if any of you bothered to read any of that, that is. And this is where I shut up and hit "Submit Reply"

Comment

Originally posted by Asmodeus
                            Meh, if it were up to me, I'd want a fresh new start with TWD. I'd delete all the squads (except for the established squads and those that actively participate in TWD) and reset TWD. Hell, I'd even make a minimum roster requirement...10 players rostered at least?

Really though, the only reason why we had the last reset is because of the new division, otherwise TWD wouldn't have been reset till it was time to qualify. I don't see anything wrong with two resets. One after TWL, and one right before TWL (that'd make two). Also, I think the general idea is, since the last reset is one month (?) before the start of TWL, that everyone becomes more competetive. Otherwise they'll lose their spot to some squad that only plays "newb" squads...hence everyone becomes more competitive. Besides...if some squad does get in, because they played only "newb" squads, then they'll surely do poorly and maybe (?) feel embarrassed (yes, even on a video game). Then there'd be players that won't show up cause they wouldn't want to waste their time...etc.... ...And I'm just rambling (bored at work, which I get off of in about 38 minutes!) Anyway, I'm sure you all get the idea as to where I was going with all of that...if any of you bothered to read any of that, that is. And this is where I shut up and hit "Submit Reply"

This is what we DON'T want to happen, have you thought that this squad that only plays newbies takes a spot in twl that some other squad deserved? If they dont even show up it's even worse, cause then the other ppl in the squad they were going to play might have taken themselves time to play twl and then the other team don't even show up? Even I would get mad if that happened and I'm sure alot of others would too.

- Rump
                            1:Graner> i heard da1's sign in tw forums was "1:Graner> like i'd know a girl irl, lol"
                            1:Graner> jeansi told me that
                            1:Graner> i was totally wtf
                            1:Rumpnisse> rofl?
                            1:Graner> AND BTW!
                            1:Graner> i talked to one on wednesday
                            1:Rumpnisse> ur mom? :/
                            NOTICE: Game over

Comment

I still think I've never heard the reason for the TWD resets before TWL. I've seen tons of criticism on it though.

Comment

Working...
                              X