No announcement yet.

TWSD! what happened?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love TWSD.. but does it have to be a race?
    Why not like TWDD or TWJD.. 10 deaths and you are out.. simple. <_<
    -Kawrae

Comment

Originally posted by Doc Flabby
      I donno about other people but I find twsd boring.....

I think it would be more intereseting if you could choose from a wider range of ships like maybe include levis or the nightwasp(sic) or weasel something to make it more interesting idk.
      Actually i thought that too.. but slightly different... what about a TWFD? fighter duel... teams pick n mix from the whole range of ships.. maybe minus the levi and terr and battle on a newly made map with open and closed areas working as a team with different abilities?
      6v6 all in a different ship would be interesting to see what kind of teamwork comes from giving everyone different abilities...
      The Jav would have to communicate the enemy weasels position while using his bouncing bombs to defend corners, while the spider cover fires against warbird and so on.. every ship has it's strengths and weaknesses......
      With the right map it could be interesting to see if actual "teamwork" can be brought into the duels similarly to the way twbd works...
      Last edited by StarKitty; 10-11-2005, 08:56 AM.
      STARKITTY
      A White Mage

Buy edu backlinks

Comment

Originally posted by StarKitty
        Actually i thought that too.. but slightly different... what about a TWFD? fighter duel... teams pick n mix from the whole range of ships.. maybe minus the levi and terr and battle on a newly made map with open and closed areas working as a team with different abilities?
        6v6 all in a different ship would be interesting to see what kind of teamwork comes from giving everyone different abilities...
        The Jav would have to communicate the enemy weasels position while using his bouncing bombs to defend corners, while the spider cover fires against warbird and so on.. every ship has it's strengths and weaknesses......
        With the right map it could be interesting to see if actual "teamwork" can be brought into the duels similarly to the way twbd works...

Start your own zone if you wanna do that, that league wouldn't work and it wouldn't be played. You're talking about weasels, javs and wbs sharing a league. Please. <_<
        Erathia> IF YOU SPIDERS CONTINUE CAMPING I WILL BAN YOU AND CALL IT RACISM

SeRtIfi> What's the point of going out with friends everyday just to hang out when I meet them in school and sometimes on weekends anyways, if I can play in SubSpace with them?

Comment

it just sucks. Playing it is a pain in the ass. spider race is awful, and the fact that it is spiders in such a horrible arena.

Comment

It sucks because of the map.
            Originally Posted by HeavenSent
            You won't have to wait another 4 years.
            There wont be another election for president.
            Obama is the Omega President.
            http://wegotstoned.blogspot.com/

Comment

I'm not sure if it's the map or what, but TWSD definately isn't that great at this point in time. The problem is that whichever team gets the first few deaths is most likely going to lose. The other team will just fly around in a pack and pick off any lone player or small group. With the spider settings, you can't thrust off to make a desperate escape as that would drain your energy to 0 in a few seconds. Enemies can fire tons of bullets in a swarm which is very hard to dodge and get away if you're not in a full group.
              sdg

Comment

Spider is a basing ship. ty. :P
                Regency> not in for dd lol
                Regency> would rather eat some cock ;<

Comment

change the map, keep it 'indoors' so there are choke points where smaller numbers were smaller groups can make a stand.

someone lambasted the person who mentioned different ships, but i think with a near-dead league it can't hurt to experiment and maybe something will come of it. a closed off arena where you could not only have spiders, but lanc/wb/jav would be interesting, especially since spiders would probably be the ship of choice most of the time (i suspect), but im sure strategems would be created with different ship types. make it to 50 kills, and see how it plays out.
                  top 100 basers list

Comment

For such a boring ship as a spider in dueling format, the kills required in kill race should be halved. So if its 4v4, it should be a race to 20, and if its 5v5, a race to 25. That should make the games more interesting.
                    ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                    Failure teaches success.
                    . â–²
                    ▲ ▲

Comment

at least change it to a race to 40 for 4v4

i think the map is too open in twsd - needs a tighter map
                      Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
                      Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

The idea of making it an all ship duel isnt new, if i am not mistaken thats how the original dueling league was. I think there was already a thread about this recently too, and while personally I think there are ways to make it work, it got so horribly flamed in the other one that I dont know that there is any reason to mention it again, in less you just enjoy abuse =/
                        Last edited by VladTaltos; 10-13-2005, 04:05 PM.

Comment

yea i agree with apoc on this one, all the open areas makes it less interesting
                          zidane> big play
                          Omega Red> dwop sick
                          mr mime> its called an orca smash u uncultured fk
                          WillBy> ^^

1:Chief Utsav> LOL
                          1:Rule> we dont do that here.

cripple> can u get pregnant if u cum in gf's ass

Comment

I think i see a pattern here on the complains... no one likes the fact that it is race or the fact that it gets to boring... Kim's idea of reducing the number of deaths sounds nice maybe not 20 but 30 seems to be a good number... the fact that the map doesn't have enough "hidding places" or at least places where you can get more safe from an overwhelming force, guess it could be resumed to changing the map to something similar to webcrawler and making it 10 deaths but not on race... although i still think that games would take a lot of time that way... guess it should be tested then -_-
                            A kiss is a rosy dot over the 'i' of loving.

Cyrano de Bergerac

Comment

The real reason no one likes it is because you do... :fear:

<3 :wub:
                              boo...:eek:

Comment

Do feel free to submit a proposal for a map, or a rule change (as in for example a change from race to the system used in the other duelling divisions). If your proposal gets enough supporters from both staff and players it will probably sooner or later get put up in TWD.

Note that TWSD certainly isn't in its final state yet. The only way to develop it so it becomes a division that is as popular as the others is through getting a lot of feedback from you, the TW community. Therefore I highly appreciate any input you might have.

Comment

Working...
                                X