Possible solution to spawning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible solution to spawning

The bot knows where all the ships are currently at any point in time. When someone spawns, they should be warped to an area void of any ships. That way, spawning won't be an issue. You may end up farther away from the rest of the group, but that is your penalty for dying, among other things.

Sounds good but knowing how the system works, this will never happen
    last.fm - Keeping it short

Comment

FUck that yo, half my kills are from spawning!!!! Then again.... half my deaths are from spawns too.... Its a win/lose situation.....
      2 time TWLD runner up.

If not a medal, cant I get a Ribbon??

Comment

While getting killed right after you spawn is annoying, you can do the same thing to others, so it's not really a loss, but I guess a system that would make spawn killing impossible, would make people a little bit happier.
        last.fm - Keeping it short

Comment

Spawning is a part of the game... always has been, always will be. I like it anyways, no need to change.
          TWLD Season 8 Champion: -FINAL-
          TWLJ Season 9 CHampion: Syndicate

Goddess> i haven't had sex in over 5 years now because i'm waiting for someone who's worth marrying ... which will most likely never happen so i figure ima be a nun without catholism

Colonel> rofl.. goddess hasn't had sex in 5 years because thats how long its been since someone has actually been able to find her cooch

Comment

Who cares?

Giants and Morris agree to three-year deal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I really don't think spawning is a problem in this game. I find myself in my later years not being spawned much if at all anymore.
              DELETED

Comment

We should have it like in Duel, have a time limit so as you cant kill sum1 and they cant kill u. I doubt that can be a working thing but just to air the idea. :grin:
                PUNCH SLOW WALKING PEOPLE IN THE BACK OF THE HEAD.

Comment

Most of the time morons get spawned because the first thing they do after spawning is take a pot shot at a group of four enemy warbirds flying at them instead of running. And making spawn zones appear where there are no warbirds, would mean that you are far away from your team as well, part of teaming is knowing to cover the spawn zone if one of your teammates dies, so they can get back with the team.
                  Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Another possible solution is for people to have some class, honor, and sportsmanship.

Comment

not a possible soultion, sorry
                      The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
                      All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

i think metalkid quit because you hate his idea

?squad metalkid
                        violence> dont talk 2 me until u got 900+fbook friends and can take 1 dribble from the 3 point line n dunk

[Aug 23 03:03] Oops: 1:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life
                        [Aug 23 03:20] money: LOL NOT QUITE VIO BUT 5:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life

Comment

hes just going to play pokemon for a while or something
                          I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
                          I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

Originally posted by MetalKid
                            The bot knows where all the ships are currently at any point in time. When someone spawns, they should be warped to an area void of any ships. That way, spawning won't be an issue. You may end up farther away from the rest of the group, but that is your penalty for dying, among other things.
                            It's a pretty good idea Metal Kid. I proposed something similar to it along with 3-4 other ideas to deter spawning in leagues a couple years ago because I really believe they have a very negative impact on the game. I'm not trying to claim credit for any ideas, I just wanted to state that I do not believe the staff will make any significant changes in this area. I understand that some ideas would be hard to implement, but others wouldn't be and I don't see why they couldn't be tested...

I think the staff has done a solid job of running TWL and TWD over the past few years, but a lot of potentially great ideas have been dismissed or ignored in this one area.

Comment

Originally posted by Colonel
                              Spawning is a part of the game... always has been, always will be. I like it anyways, no need to change.
                              It's a part of the game only because we let it be. Just because something has been around a long time doesn't mean it's a good thing (steroids in baseball for example). I know some people believe spawning is a good thing to have, so I'll just disagree and state why I feel the way I do. I do not believe spawning belongs in 5 on 5 play becuase the focus should be on teamwork and strategy. How 5 players perform as one group against 5 other players, not how quickly 1 guy can shoot someone who appears in front of them or the luck involved in where a player spawns after dieing. Maybe spawning isn't as serious a problem as it used to be (I have not watched many TWL matches in a couple years) but I have seen playoff rounds decided by spawning and it left me feeling really disappointed about the game.

Comment

Working...
                              X