Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The original map which was in spidduel before tswd wasnt bad. But someone from staff decided that there is too many obsacles (wtf? has he ever played spidduel?) and use delete function heavily. It can be very well seen on the map - especially those tileset "decorations" sometimes end "not nicely".

But more dramatic change wouldnt harm, but it shouldnt be another DD map for warbirds.
    Plutarch: "To find a fault is easy; to do better may be difficult."

Comment

Originally posted by Volny
      The original map which was in spidduel before tswd wasnt bad. But someone from staff decided that there is too many obsacles (wtf? has he ever played spidduel?) and use delete function heavily. It can be very well seen on the map - especially those tileset "decorations" sometimes end "not nicely".

But more dramatic change wouldnt harm, but it shouldnt be another DD map for warbirds.
      Use the spidduel map like volny says + take off random damage + allow spiders to attach to each other (ie like in ?go zombies)

twsd fixed ez
      Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
      Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

A similar map to webcrawler would be good...

God that's such a fun map for spider battles...
        STARKITTY
        A White Mage

Buy edu backlinks

Comment

Like I said before, Spider duel would be more fun if it was ran just like Metal Gears dueling league. Let me explain.

Metal Gears dueling league is kind of like warbirds (1 shot kills)
          Their pros is.
          -The game is fun to play
          -Scrims are a blast because it relies on team gathering
          -It's quick and to the point (and for spiders, thats good)

We could adapt it to spider league say by having a dueling box like the size of boxes in ?Go duel for warbirds. Keep the asteroids there, maybe add 2 posts. (maybe someoen edit the webcrawler one to fit)

The concept behind it is to allow each team to play 5 spiders. One death per round. (but you dont get specced, you just go into an area where you can re-enter the map.) It's the best out of 5 rounds. If a team wins 3 rounds in 1 set, they win the set. And basically you have 3 sets, you switch the opponents side after each set (if they started at top, switch them to bottom).

It really can be done and I think the spider league would be much more interesting. I'd rather have no spider league then a 50 kill race.

Any view points on this?
          I found a nickel and I bought a fishing pole, Then I sold some fish, got a raft, fished more, sold massive fish, sold raft, bought a ship, hired a first mate (awesome), picked up a crew, won TWL.....

http://pirates.exquisitehosting.com/...ercules_02.gif

Comment

Scrap it, no fun at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Hercules
              Any view points on this?
              Does, I didnt understand shit, count?
              3:Wax> ard and i snapchat all the time
              3:Wax> we play virtually tummysticks
              3:i.d.> da fk is that?
              3:Ardour> we basically are each others personal psychologist
              3:Shadowmere> i.d., Wax breaks keyboards playing SubSpace. Best not ask him what anything is.
              3:Wax> Tummy sticks is the situation, commonly referred to as a game, in which two erect men cuddle closely and face-to-face causing their two erect penises, or sticks, to push upwards between their stomachs, or tummys.
              3:Wax> Sticks combine with tummys, hence the name "tummy sticks."
              3:Shadowmere> LOL
              3:i.d.> Oddly, that's close to what I thought it was...

Best> I never cooked a day in my life

Deft> beat by a guy who plays ss on his cellphone
              Shadowmere> Rofl
              Up in ya !> With his feet
              Deft> no kidding, redefining l44t
              Up in ya !> l44t feet
              Deft> l44t f44t*
              Up in ya !> Twinkle toes
              Deft> he had l33t f33t but he practiced

Comment

removed and banned -Dameon
                Last edited by Dameon Angell; 01-30-2006, 07:41 PM.

Comment

Nice quick thinking dameon.

On a thread related note:

TWSD needs a new map, BUT it needs to stay kill race in my opinion, if you do 10 deaths and you are out it will get tedious in the end, certainly if 2 are left because you get a never ending dance of hit and run.
                  Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

I havent readed 1 reply, so if this is alrdy said then dont read it :P

The Map.

- Spiders arnt wbs so a big map isnt needed.
                    - Its way too open if 4 nme spiders wanna kill you they just look radar and shoot all together.
                    This makes it pretty fucking annoying to play a SD.

The Settings.

- Make it 10 deads a player.
                    - With 50 deaths in total you cant see who's good in duelling and you depend on your team.

FFS... I had alot more ideas but I'm just too stoned to remember.

Comment

Spiders are cool, but for some reason TWSD is just terrible. Good concept, but the map is terrible and its hard to stick as a team for very long
                      Singularit> Ive seen old men do alot of scary shit
                      Beasts> ur grandpa always runs around on ice singu?
                      Unorthadox> LMAO
                      Unorthadox> LMFAO
                      Singularit> mine does
                      Singularit> but hes ubergrandpa
                      Unorthadox> ROFL

Comment

random damage is shit

Comment

I'd do a few things:

1)No random damage.
                          2)Make the map much more closed in - like webcrawler, etc.
                          3)Put in flags - either all together in the center or spread out - and make it a point race.
                          4)Increase the number of players to 4,5,6, or 7.

Thoughts/Comments?
                          3:sarger> the expression on her face said "ez" but the "arms" said "IMPOSSIBLE"

For some reason, this guy decided to post the entire wiki (or other) on pancakes. -Aquatiq

Comment

I voted for 10 deaths and your out.
                            But i think it also needs a SMALLER map to play in, and also maybe have the settings tweaked just a little bit.. n seee what the people think of it then.
                            Code:
                            Cig Smoke's #1 Fan \ Cex Partner <3

Comment

Originally posted by Hercules
                              Like I said before, Spider duel would be more fun if it was ran just like Metal Gears dueling league. Let me explain.

Metal Gears dueling league is kind of like warbirds (1 shot kills)
                              Their pros is.
                              -The game is fun to play
                              -Scrims are a blast because it relies on team gathering
                              -It's quick and to the point (and for spiders, thats good)

We could adapt it to spider league say by having a dueling box like the size of boxes in ?Go duel for warbirds. Keep the asteroids there, maybe add 2 posts. (maybe someoen edit the webcrawler one to fit)

The concept behind it is to allow each team to play 5 spiders. One death per round. (but you dont get specced, you just go into an area where you can re-enter the map.) It's the best out of 5 rounds. If a team wins 3 rounds in 1 set, they win the set. And basically you have 3 sets, you switch the opponents side after each set (if they started at top, switch them to bottom).

It really can be done and I think the spider league would be much more interesting. I'd rather have no spider league then a 50 kill race.

Any view points on this?
                              50 kills is fun but not as much fun as a jd ,

That being said i agree on u the idea; Best of 5, 1 death

oh and lose the random - also no fc greens:>

Comment

Originally posted by Apocalypse WOW!
                                I'd do a few things:

1)No random damage.
                                2)Make the map much more closed in - like webcrawler, etc.
                                3)Put in flags - either all together in the center or spread out - and make it a point race.
                                4)Increase the number of players to 4,5,6, or 7.

Thoughts/Comments?
                                1. There is no random damage in TWSD.
                                2. Sounds like an idea, please discuss.
                                3. Could be interesting, although that would be a radical change in TWD. If you get support on this, I can't see why not...
                                4. Wouldn't 7 people in a smaller map be even worse than the current TWSD?

Also, feel free to post suggestions to a replacement for the current map if you think the current one is too big. IMHO the best way of choosing a better map would be that several people make suggestions and we debate the suggested maps here and choose whichever you players think is the best.

I guess we need to change something to make TWSD more popular. What these changes are is up to you players. The staff cannot know what you want. So please discuss.

Comment

Working...
                                X